It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Season #2

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Fair enough. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I think the idea of 'visitor' gods is inevitable to the concept of gods by its very nature. If we come up with the idea of a god or spirit, our next thought is where do they live or where do they come from? At the very least, when humans first shared the idea, others would ask them the question, "Where?"

The only answer they could make sense of would be 'elsewhere' or in the heavens.

As the concept of gods evolved with our evolving society and thought processes, it became more complex. They were given powers and traits. Ability to travel the heavens was a very early development and why so many old texts include gods with the power of flight. Those early guys even had the sun down as a flying god!

Anyway, I'm not ruling out any of your ideas. It's just that from my understanding, humanity is capable of achieving and creating everything without having to bolt on an alien side-kick.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Ditto mate, fair enough to you too.

There's no real way to prove one theory over another, at least not in absolute terms anyway.

It would be a fairly boring world if we were to all agree with dogma though eh?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Heh.. Talk about coincidence. I am actually watching Ancient Aliens right now and since yesterday. The episode I am watching right now is called "The Visitors" and next will be "The Evidence" and "The Return".

Great series and it is no wonder it has made such a huge success.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
I personally don't think ancient ET's 'had' to build anything to facilitate their navigation, landings or anything of the sort...i think that we humans built these things in order to attract the ET's back again.

Kinda like this?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
M wife and I got a date already set up.

We loved last years (saw some of it this past weekend).

If anything, it makes one THINK. Breaks the traditional molds our minds are molded into while growing up.

Most of, if not all, of it is just as plausable as the BS we were taught growing up. IMO.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
edit, never mnd
edit on 26-10-2010 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I actually thought of bringing that specific clip along with the Cargo-Cults up, but you did it for me.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I liked first season

but I really dont remember all the episodes to be real ... I remember I watched them ... but right now I cant remember

I recommend as entertainment and a different perspective

if you live your life with just one perspective, thats dumb in my opinion, since you will never be able to learn anything

Originally posted by anon72

If anything, it makes one THINK. Breaks the traditional molds our minds are molded into while growing up.

Most of, if not all, of it is just as plausable as the BS we were taught growing up. IMO.

good post, so I quoted it
edit on 27/10/10 by Faiol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Looking forward to seeing the start of Season 2 tonight!

I really enjoyed EVERY episode of Season #1. Remember that there are a lot of people out there whose first introduction to this subject is through this History Channel presentation.

Now, I hope seeing it in that light will help you realize how important this series is!

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dyax-
Ancient Aliens Season #2
starts 10-28-10
On History Channel
If you didnt see season #1 you missed some good stuff
im sure they will replay them,so dont worry you will get your chance
Be sure to set up your DVR's you wont be disappointed

Have it set on my DVR to record, just like the first season. Man this show really kicks some butt.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

How was it horrid??... what a negative attitude. Are you a believer or not rex?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Im thoroughly excited!! I love this kind of stuff, I had my fiance watch it with me and WOW it really made him think!! And then I even got my mom to watch a few shows and now SHE loves it!! We just cant stop talking about all that we might not know!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarrGazer25
We just cant stop talking about all that we might not know!

Seems to me that the above-mentioned conversation must be one of the longest on record.

Harte

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wow. I watched this and it amazed me.

If anyone watched Lost... do me a favor and piece together what you saw from last night and correlate it to the concepts in Lost which has to do with ley lines.

Here's one: John Locke goes on a walkabout. In the show they talk about how the natives went on walkabouts following ley lines and they literally "felt" something.

Oh and before you post Rex.. just know I am going to ignore you. If this site has any disinfo agents you are in my top ten.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dyax-
Ancient Aliens Season #2
starts 10-28-10
On History Channel
If you didnt see season #1 you missed some good stuff
im sure they will replay them,so dont worry you will get your chance
Be sure to set up your DVR's you wont be disappointed

Good stuff? This show is an anathema to logic and reason. It is trash. Why? The way in which they reach their conclusions is nonsensical.

I saw an episode once where a rather tan gentleman with a weird hair cut claimed that the ark of the covenant from the myths of christianity was really a nuclear weapon given to the israelis to help defend themself.

its junk.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Good stuff? This show is an anathema to logic and reason. It is trash. Why? The way in which they reach their conclusions is nonsensical.

I think 'enema to logic and reason' would have been more accurate.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Yes, the BS were taught growing up! Oh the extreme BS! The BS that mankind slowly developed more and more advanced societies and technology through a process of gaining knolwedge gradually to eventually become what we are today,

from the pyramids built by ancient egyptians to modern sky scrapers.

Yes, because the view that mankind has advanced over the years by ourselves is such BS compared to the alternative,

that really mankind was too far stupid and dense to accomplish anything on his own, that no, even the most simple of tasks (such as stacking blocks to make a pyramid) was too difficult for stupid man without the intervention of a highly advanced extraterrstrial race!

By far the latter is the most likely explanation!

Mankind gradually advancing in his own? learning to build pyramids, buildings, cities, making discoveries about the world around us using our natural curiosity and science, developing new and better methods all on our own? Such a travesty of thought, such BS of extreme BS magnitude! Infact its such BS that in order to measure the BS'osity of it you need to use a logarithmic scale!

No, indeed, the idea that we are too far stupid, and that intelligent aliens had to carry us through it all, is likely the superior of the two ideas. So what if it doesnt have any true evidence behind it save the ravings of a few psuedoscientists whos ideas couldnt pass review, what does real science know anyway?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

Yes, the BS were taught growing up! Oh the extreme BS! The BS that mankind slowly developed more and more advanced societies and technology through a process of gaining knolwedge gradually to eventually become what we are today,

from the pyramids built by ancient egyptians to modern sky scrapers.

Yes, because the view that mankind has advanced over the years by ourselves is such BS compared to the alternative,

that really mankind was too far stupid and dense to accomplish anything on his own, that no, even the most simple of tasks (such as stacking blocks to make a pyramid) was too difficult for stupid man without the intervention of a highly advanced extraterrstrial race!

By far the latter is the most likely explanation!

Mankind gradually advancing in his own? learning to build pyramids, buildings, cities, making discoveries about the world around us using our natural curiosity and science, developing new and better methods all on our own? Such a travesty of thought, such BS of extreme BS magnitude! Infact its such BS that in order to measure the BS'osity of it you need to use a logarithmic scale!

No, indeed, the idea that we are too far stupid, and that intelligent aliens had to carry us through it all, is likely the superior of the two ideas. So what if it doesnt have any true evidence behind it save the ravings of a few psuedoscientists whos ideas couldnt pass review, what does real science know anyway?
The great pyramid is of such an advanced design we cannot even begin to replicate it today even with our modern technology. The great pyramid is also the oldest of all the pyramids at Giza, all others were failed attempts at copying the great one.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

ever been to las vegas?

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I just saw the first episode of the new season (I haven't seen anything from the previous one I think). I enjoy the different stories / myths they depict, but I don't really care much for them stacking questions on top of questions, without forming conclusions, or a more tangible answer in the process; they more or less skip over the tricky parts to get into more depth. The people they interview also say some rather odd things, making it sometimes seem as if they present them as facts. Though I agree with a previous poster who said that it is good entertainment, it can never hurt to see what others think that's out there.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join