It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which political party will represent my interests?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I desire a space ship capable of intergalactic space travel.

A big one, not a rinky dink tin can.

Me and my family should be given a fair chance to be among those who get a chance to leave the planet.

We also desire a cabin with a window so that we can see the planet disappear as we leave the solar system.
edit on 24-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I would say you should go with the 'Fantasy Land Party', it's perfect for people living outside of reality.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

I would say you should go with the 'Fantasy Land Party', it's perfect for people living outside of reality.

Are they left wing or right wing?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i believe the Republicans may be your best bet.

As i recall bush was talking about colonizing mars or some such something, so i suppose they could be convinced to help you out.

Vote Republican in 2010 to Protect your Right to Choose Interstellar Travel

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
i believe the Republicans may be your best bet.

As i recall bush was talking about colonizing mars or some such something, so i suppose they could be convinced to help you out.

Vote Republican in 2010 to Protect your Right to Choose Interstellar Travel

The race to space led by Republicans?

Where do the Democrats and Tea Party stand on this important matter?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Join the Tea Party. With Palin and Beck their ideas are as out there as this is.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

As usual with fantasy politics, it's on the right.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Join the Tea Party. With Palin and Beck their ideas are as out there as this is.

~Heff

I'm not sure the Tea Party will endorse such a project.

They seem to favor smaller government projects not massive spending which would be required here.

It's not like I'm asking for a whole intersteller fleet.

Just gimme one damn ship.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

So the left doesn't want to go into space I take it?

I would have thought the left would endorse such a venture since it would likely create tons of jobs.

Think of it as a jobs program on steroids.

Once we're out you can have the earth.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I've got to say OP, I'd support a party that made your interests a priority, that would be beyond cool!

There is a legitimate point in all of this though, the cutting of manned space exploration is deplorable in my opinion, and an America without a manned program is something I shudder to see. I am sure there will be some who say that we have to fix things here on earth before we look again to the heavens, but I would counter that the moment we give up upon the stars, it will be a generation or more before we go back. That's a horrible amount of lost time.

If Russia, in all of their economic insanity still takes space seriously there is no reason for the United States to stop. It is amazing where we have come in a short half-century: From looking longingly at the night sky to the point where an orbiting constantly-manned space station is a reality.

This is a curve of progress that must continue, and has the potential to bring about things unimaginable now within a lifetime. The stars are there waiting for us to visit, and I do firmly believe someday mankind will do so. However to make that time come within any reasonable time we must not stop trying today.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

So the left doesn't want to go into space I take it?

well, kennedy sent us to the moon, right?

Once we're out you can have the earth.

i've never understood the appeal of the 'leaving earth' fantasy.

this planet is snipping awesome!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Depends upon the fantasy really Misoir. Given that much.....probably any party at the moment will support your cause to get to outer space OP.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy

I've got to say OP, I'd support a party that made your interests a priority, that would be beyond cool!

There ya go

Two votes so far to the party that supports my spaceship project.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You might want to take a look at "The Rent is Too Damn High Party". If they get into office and can't lower the rent, they'll probably look at alternatives such as what you've suggested.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Depends upon the fantasy really Misoir. Given that much.....probably any party at the moment will support your cause to get to outer space OP.

I'm not loyal to any of the traditional or even newer party platforms so my vote could be bought by the party that promises me the biggest, fastest, shinest intergalactic star cruiser.

I wouldn't think that would be too difficult for our politicians to do.

Just one damn spaceship.

Come on I dare ya Washington. Sell me a damn spaceship.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
You might want to take a look at "The Rent is Too Damn High Party". If they get into office and can't lower the rent, they'll probably look at alternatives such as what you've suggested.

Priceless

Why does the MSM crowd these guys out?

He's got some damn good ideas.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Forget about the Parties, just support Ron Paul. He is about as kooky as you are.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Forget about the Parties, just support Ron Paul. He is about as kooky as you are.

Is Ron Paul for or against the starship program?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

i suspect ron paul could not find justification for your personal starship entitlement program in his interpretation of the Constitution.

i'm thinking you may need to collaborate with other lobbies in order to gain enough votes to sway the powerful in your direction.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

i suspect ron paul could not find justification for your personal starship entitlement program in his interpretation of the Constitution.

i'm thinking you may need to collaborate with other lobbies in order to gain enough votes to sway the powerful in your direction.

Do you have a list of corporate entities that might be interested in a spaceship entitlement program?

If I could find enough people to fund my election and bribe me I could push such a program.

Elect me and I promise to throw some lavish get togethers and parties for all corpoarte interests who wish to partake in the project.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join