It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Be Great, be Powerful Beyond Measure."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
On the internet, specifically on ATS, we try to leave our world behind. We come here to escape from the day-to-day, and to reflect and reason with one another.

All of us, everyone one of us, have problems in life. Some more than others, but all are effected.

Some have problems with financial issues. Others have medical handicaps. Others are trapped in a bad relationship. Some feel like they have no relationship with people around them. Some are stuck in a job they don’t enjoy, and others just wish they had a job.

Point being: all of us have rough spots in life. For some, life even seems to be one big rough spot.

Hopefully, this thread will give you the motivation to keep moving forward … or even to do a 180 and start moving forward.

First, please watch the following video:

What is the difference between those who are happy in life, and those who are not? Does it have to do with the amount of money they possess? I don’t think that is the reason, seeing how even big business tycoons commit suicide occasionally, suffer divorce, and are diagnosed with depression.

Is it being secure in life? Does having property, a car, and a job mean you’ll be happy? I don’t think that is the reason either.

No, I think the reason why others are happy in life, while their fellow man may not be, is because those who are happy persevere through the hard times. They look at the trials of life to be experiences to build upon, while others may see that as reasons to give up, or to quit for a little while. It is a lesson that everyone should take to heart.

Here are some philosophies to remember when life gets tough: (note, I just found these floating around the internet, you may recognize some of them)

Only doubt holds you back.

If something stands in your way, tear it down.

Forge a plan, change life.

Failing is not defeat, not getting up is.

Fear is a reflex, confidence is a choice.

Depression breeds depression, effort breeds success.

The world is dark when you’re depressed: you have the power to invent your world.

The mind always fails first, not the body. The secret is to make the mind work for you, not against you.

As you think, so shall you become.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ec59199d977.png[/atsimg]

I hope that reflecting on the above will inspire you to be great in all you do. To strive for excellence in everything. To be all you can be.

And when life knocks you down, when the tides turn against you, when you feel it is more than you can bare, I pray that you will keep going. That when you reach your limit, you will take a step back, get a good look at things, and plow through them. Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.

Lastly, here are a few questions for you to ask yourself:

What is the best thing you could be working on, and why aren’t you?

Would the child you were be proud of the person you are today?

and finally

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a60598eabd13.jpg[/atsimg]

It’s your turn: go be all you can imagine.

edit on 19-10-2010 by gatorboi117 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well put. I needed to hear that. A bit of affirmation never hurts. Words worth living by.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Wonderful. Thanks for the lift.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScRuFFy63
Well put. I needed to hear that. A bit of affirmation never hurts. Words worth living by.

Originally posted by NorEaster
Wonderful. Thanks for the lift.

Thanks, I'm glad you both enjoyed it! This is a worldview that I have adopted only within the last several weeks, and it has really begun to impact my life for the better! I truly hope this is taken to heart by many on ATS.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the good message it really spoke to me. You couldnt know how much I needed to hear that as my life is becoming a galaxy in the midst of great change, war,
and transformation. The Angel One thank you

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
In every area of our lives we are taught to become, when really, we already are. We need only come to a realization of the power we are born with and stop being so self-deprecating, self-destructive, and self-chastising. We are born and trained to feed and live off a hyper sensitive guilt reflex that serves us little use, accept to further wire our minds to follow an inescapable spiral into self-loathing and co-dependency on people or systems that we don't actually need. The sycophantic systems we need as crutches to help cover up the symptoms of not living with clarity of mind due to the ignoring of the natural world around us, spur us to find the wedges that most efficiently separate us from the earth and the natural and ultimately more sadly, those wedges that separate us and make us different from our common man. They help us find solace where solace is not. They give us a reason for close minded and weak spirits. When the evidence is there and we simply discount it because it doesn't fit into our view of what we believe to be true, it is truly a sad and lonely existence that leads to a skewed and warped view of the life we have been given. As a result we live our lives looking for the way out. We miss out on a great deal of day to day blessings because we are so intently focused on the intangible and unattainable. We dedicate our lives to pursuits that only lend to ostracize us from our blessings because what matters most is what comes after this. Waiting for death.
edit on 23-10-2010 by no1elsebuttme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Great thread, wise words.

Here's a speech that is on the same level, that I also found to be inspirational.
From the movie Rocky Balboa

edit on 23-10-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join