It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska reporter handcuffed by Active Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Joe Miller's security detail, who handcuffed a reporter asking questions at a public meeting, included active military personnel. We've gone beyond the pale.

Link to Anchorage Daily News article...

www.adn.com...

Glenn Greenwald analyzes situation...

www.salon.com...

Sorry I posted this in the wrong category. Please move as needed.
edit on 19-10-2010 by erumisato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

after reading and watching all I can say is WOW!!! overzealous private security and a candidate that willingly projects being elitist. Also I think the soldiers saying they are in trouble is the understatement for the week

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
According to military directives, the soldiers taking part in this should be fined, and possibly discharged and imprisoned. With our new 2-3 tiered rule of law in this country, I am not holding my breath.

www.dod.mil...
edit on 19-10-2010 by erumisato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
And yet when Al Gores thugs do this it's no big deal?
Eh, if this is the worst in that campaign, I just don't see the big deal.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
From the onset, you can tell that those morons had no real authority and knew that they should not have been there in a formal capacity...they refused to identify themselves and provided no documentation (lease agreement) that this was a private function. I am certain that the military will punish them accordingly.

P.S. I loved their knock off secret service earpieces.
PRICELESS!!!
edit on 19-10-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If these stooges get court martialed, I hope that the proceedings are publicly broadcast - as the actions were enacted in public, on public property, and against the public.

Won't hold my breath for that one though.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You know I think if I had to read "Tony Hopfinger, founder and editor of the new magazine website Alaska Dispatch" one more time. It's almost like he wanted to get in trouble just to advertise. It seems he has to make sure everyone knows who he is. Granted the soldiers stepped way over the line.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
And yet when Al Gores thugs do this it's no big deal?
Eh, if this is the worst in that campaign, I just don't see the big deal.

What did we learn today kids? Palin is fit to be president because Michelle has a lot of staffers.
Sharon Angle is crazy but its ok because her opponent is a Democrat.
Christine O'Donnell is ignorant but that is ok because Obama said something silly once.
This deal here is ok because of something that Al Gore apparently did.

Official Tea Party line-
"Hey, that guy did it too!"
edit on 10/19/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Now, reverse the parties and you've got the Obama administration...................
Blame Bush, seems to be the lefts creed, this incident is probably his fault too, they just haven't figured out how to spin it.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

found this video on utube

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
this guy followed Joe into the bathroom
and harassed him and while he was
on stage put a camera in his face
and wouldn't let anybody else participate
in the town hall meeting.

If you ask me, it was the reporter
who went Nazi, not Joe.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Official Tea Party line-
"Hey, that guy did it too!"
edit on 10/19/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

And the Democrats run on the platform that "We aren't Republicans."

System's broke on both sides.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
SO while i was in the military i worked as a bouncer/security many times.
Back in the 1970s it was hard to find clean cut young guys to work security except military.
most others where long haired hippies.

For me it looked good on my resume and got me a job as a security officer on a navy base after i got off active duty.

Working security is one of the common off duty jobs for military personnel.
And the secuirity companies know they can get clean cut drug free people in good physical shape for evening and weekend jobs.
In fact some military personal even set up as security contractors and use military guy in there units as employees

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555reply to post by Curiousisall

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is of course the lie. There are already threads on this you can read to get the facts without the political spin.

That Reporter crashed a private function after being informed he was not welcome. A security person from a "Private" firm overreacted to his misbehavior. None of it had anything whatsoever to do with Miller. The school where he rented the facility for his "Private" function required him to hire the security. I've also rented facilities from local schools and had to do the same. That man did not work for Miller.

Not correct at all. They claimed that renting the school made it a private function. Unfortunately that turns out to not be the case. Please see why no charges were filed by the real police. He did indeed rent the PUBLIC SCHOOL but Miller failed to take the steps necessary to make it not a public place during that time. What did the reporter do aside from ask a question that he was lawfully there asking?

Attempting to blame him for the actions of a security guard that was not his employee is so transparent, only brainwashed Party Fanatics fell for this. Old news; already covered.

Why? He was right there. He saw it happening. They were his employees. How does he have nothing to do with it?

Why not attack him on issues rather than engage in this kind of dirty, filthy politicking and slander? Debating issues is legit, this is just dishonest and dirty.

Reading posts about how Palin and O'Donnell are "awesome cuz they piss of librels" all day kind of got me thinking I was using the wrong tactics so I tried what I am learing from that ATS Tea Party presence. I forgot to add an empty personal attack though, sorry. This actually is an issue. When you feel reporters should be arrested for asking questions here in the USA and you are running for office, for me, THAT IS AN ISSUE.

I won't be voting for Miller but I don't have to lie or fabricate to come up with a reason. He is clearly a good man; I just don't agree with him on some issues. He is too extreme in some of his views to suit me. See how easy it was to discuss why I won't vote for him without the drama and lies? I did it without trying to destroy him also.

I never lied about Miller once. So saying that I did would make you?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Yeah but I was talking about the Tea Party, not the Republicans.
Both sides? Are you admitting that Tea Party is really just the GOP or did you mean something else?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Now, reverse the parties and you've got the Obama administration...................
Blame Bush, seems to be the lefts creed, this incident is probably his fault too, they just haven't figured out how to spin it.

I have video of Republicans blaming Clinton up to and AFTER Obama's election so yeah, get over Obama. This thread is about Miller.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Yeah but I was talking about the Tea Party, not the Republicans.
Both sides? Are you admitting that Tea Party is really just the GOP or did you mean something else?

You love trying to paint everything Tea Party as GOP but no; like I said in a different thread, the Tea Party label was stolen, that doesn't give them affiliation with what the Tea Party stood for and still (in the minds of those who understand what happened) stands for.

You referred to the Tea Party by naming a bunch of Republicans, so I simply ignored the label and addressed the truth of what you said; Democrats and Republicans as political parties are broken.

Not everyone who claims to be Tea Party is GOP, just like not everyone who'll vote D agrees with everything they do and not everyone who'll vote R agrees with everything they do.

I take issue whenever someone points out one sides issues (perhaps you aren't as biased as you come off, but from the posts I've seen of yours lately, you're as anti-anything-labeled-Tea-Party as they come), the level of discourse in the country is next to nil; all we have anymore is mudslinging and insults and that needs to change.

edit on 10/20/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You love trying to paint everything Tea Party as GOP but no

OK.

Pretty sure that was you. Read the thread. Tell me what you see. Stop playing games. You connected the two, not me. I questioned it. Let's not be so silly.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Try reading the rest of the post.

You are the one using Republicans who falsely label themselves as Tea Party to illustrate the Tea Party.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
at most, those two guys will get article 15's (nonjudicial punishment) or counseling statements in their personnel jackets
They were stupid admittedly, but the bottom line is their job didnt effect their military job, so the army wont punish them

top topics

join