It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 500000 year old Spark plug ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus

if it's not a hoax then atlantis probably isn't made up afterall.

Atlantis was a massive mothership that eventually flew away

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

with the help of members of the Spark Plug Collectors of America

.... Seriously .
Interesting story , Highly unlikely though .

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

What is highly unlikely? That the SPCOA exist?

www.spcoa.net...

Or am I reading you wrong?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

No ... I think a A 500,000 year old Spark plug is highly unlikely .
The SPCOA is just highly amusing , to me anyway

Thanks for the link , very enlightening , I particularly liked the picture of the hard to find Blick Plug

edit on 19-10-2010 by gortex because: ETA

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Well, if it's a Champion, then it should be what? 19mm across the sides? 5/8"?LOL
I find it hard to believe that a spark plug could fossilise like that in less than 100 years

Yes i beleive we've been to this level of tech before, but really, model 'T' 's?
As for colonel saunders on utube, i would NEVER wear a white coat or leave my scope on in the backround like that, it's simply not done, except in toothpaste ads..........

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by gortex

What is highly unlikely? That the SPCOA exist?

www.spcoa.net...

Or am I reading you wrong?

Far more likely a cover up organization set up to verify alien technology as terrestrial. further peddling disinformation among the masses to avoid mass panic.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well, the real conspiracy would then be how the heck FORD was able to design a spark plug that not only looked the same, but used the same exact materials, and was designed the same, etc..

www.talkorigins.org...

Because Windham had chipped the brass top hat off specimen #1, the spark plug revealed a metal shaft terminating in a flared end, presumably to help secure the top hat to the plug's porcelain cylinder. This revelation led to speculation that such a flared tip could also be visible in the original X-ray of the brass hat. And indeed, as shown at left, the flared end of the metal shaft also appears in the Coso Artifact.

"There's no question about it, " Windham replied, barely containing his laughter, "it's a spark plug."

Stromberg asked Windham if he could identify the particular make of the spark plug. Windham replied he was certain that it was a 1920's era Champion spark plug. Stromberg was stunned by the collector's certainty, but Windham insisted that he had nailed the identification. Windham offered to send two identical spark plugs, the only possible but slight difference being the diameter of the packing nut at the base of the plug. Stromberg accepted Windham's offer and a few days later a package arrived in the mail.

Ten days after the phone call with Windham, Pierre Stromberg received a phone call from Bill Bond, founder of the Spark Plug Collectors of America, and curator of a private museum of spark plugs containing more than two thousand specimens. Bond said he hadn't spoken to Windham, but said he thought he knew the identity of the Coso Artifact, "A 1920s Champion spark plug." Spark plug collector Mike Healy also concurred with Bond and Windham's assessment about the spark plug. The fourth collector, Jeff Bartheld, Vice-President of the Spark Plug Collectors of America contacted Stromberg via postal mail on October 18, 1999, and also confirmed that the artifact was a 1920s Champion spark plug. To date, there has been no dissent in the spark plug collector community as to the origins of the Coso Artifact.

If you really want to ignore all the evidence go for it. If you want to believe anyone and everyone who doubts that it is anything more than a spark plug is "coving this up". Go for it.

I'll be watching from the shadows, laughing.

edit on 19-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Facinating subject OOPARTS, I'm surprised it's not mentioned more here on these boards.

Here's a site with a few examples www.s8int.com...

Zorgon, I believe there may be reference to that steel cube in that link I posted.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

OMgosh! I was thinking as I read your post that it will most certainly 'dissapear'... i remember an older thread about this and other such findings, I think back in at least o8, I am just floored by these findings and think that it could be a true sign of timetravel.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I remember first reading of this artifact back in the mid- to late-60s - probably in either one of Brad Steiger's or Frank Edwards' 'Unknown Mysteries-'type paperbacks - and was struck by it enough that I've occasionally thought of, and wondered about, it over the years.

I find it amusing that - from some perspectives - the minimal Occam's Razor answer might be a time travel event. Goes to show that the equation must hold the correct (complete) facts for the result to be both practical and acceptable.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

Well to me that would be more plausible than say an ancient civilization now extinct with little to no evidence to support that theory. I do think that there have been other civilizations here on earth preceding this incarnation of man, but I do not see them using the same technologies.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Thanks for that link
It has a different image of the hammer and that pomegranate vase from Solomon's Temple is one I didn't have yet

edit on 19-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The basic problem with most of this stuff is that the circumstances surrounding their discovery is usually very unclear. Most of these things weren't uncovered in controlled archeological digs, but just "found" by people. That doesn't make it easy to date things. All you have is a story.

I'm not an expert when it comes to how things get encapsulated inside rocks or coal, but it wouldn't surprise me that as a result of some chemical interaction some things end up with rocks surrounding them a lot quicker than you'd expect. And again, without a good archeological dating of a site, then it all boils down to guesswork. Carbon dating? Sometimes, for any number of reasons, it just doesn't work.

Why do these things have a tendency to disappear? Because after the hoax has been uncovered, I imagine most hoaxers just get rid of the things. Nice try. Better luck next time.

It would be nice to find a simple, clear and unambiguous example of advanced technology where it shouldn't be. But I haven't seen such a thing. There's always something hinky about the thing itself, or somebody's interpretation of it.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Blue Shift because: Hello.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

OOh, your post made me think about experiments like the Philadelphia experiment, what if it were lodged during one of those type experiments and that is why it had to be whisked away so as not to detail a present day object embedded into an ancient artifact...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Model T Ford you say? Hmmmm

I KNOW what happened...

Professor Ned Brainard of Medfield College flew his Model T to Washington DC to show the U.S. Government that has patent worked. Professor Brainard's entering restricted airspace sends the Air Force into a fit and almost causes the first ever shoot down of a flying car!

So perhaps the good Professor also dabbled with some time experiments and while in the past tossed an old spark plug out during a tuneup

www.youtube.com...

Well... it could have happened that way...

edit on 19-10-2010 by zorgon because: ArMaP did it!!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
The basic problem with most of this stuff is that the circumstances surrounding their discovery is usually very unclear. Most of these things weren't uncovered in controlled archeological digs, but just "found" by people. That doesn't make it easy to date things. All you have is a story.

Well if archaeologists would stop hiding odd finds because they don't fit their pet theories, MAYBE we would learn more... but most of those things get buried in some basement and then later seem to disappear all together sa all that is left is stories of what once was haed evidence...

Then along come the skeptics to doubt the story is real and say "Prove it where is the artifact? Oh it 'disappeared'? How convenient"

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We are talking buried objects here.
Not too difficult to imagine during the eons of tumultuous cosmic
events the Earth withstood until -600 BC when the calendar
stabilized, well the Earth encountered no more cosmic events.
Whole lands being overturned and cities destroyed even after
the Flood perhaps the first recorded cosmic event that washed
many artifacts around the globe.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Morning all I'm just revisiting my thread to see if any progress has been made on the spark plug in a rock riddle. It would now seem that the evidence does indeed point to the artifact being a old spark plug. The question is why is it encapsulated in rock. Have any tests been carried out on the rock itself to establish what type of stone it is ? Granite, sand stone or my hunch LAVA or maybe even a very hard clay. It has to be a type of clay or lava IMHO because if its real rock then that does throw up some uncomfortable questions like how the hell did it get inside rock that takes hundreds of thousands of years to form.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

Also, there was conclusive evidence that it was a 1920's spark plug.

Do you have a link to the "conclusive" proof please.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
en.wikipedia.org...

An investigation carried out by Pierre Stromberg and Paul Heinrich, with the help of members of the Spark Plug Collectors of America, suggested that the artifact is a 1920s Champion spark plug. Chad Windham, President of the Spark Plug Collectors of America, identified the Coso Artifact as a 1920s-era Champion spark plug, which was widely used in the Ford Model T and Model A engines. Other spark plug collectors concurred with his assessment.

Source: ncse.com...

Gosh dern! I was hoping it was a Titor sparkplug ....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join