It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could it be true?? is ATS "run" by the Gov't??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
OK.. so the title may be a little over the top... but maybe not...

I was in the middle of reading the thread on "Above Top Secret is invaded by people who work for the government" and just as I am getting into the thread...as Emeril Lagasse would say "BAM"... 404 message.

At first no big deal, I have seen it before, only usually connecting to an external link. I tried to go back to the home page but the thread was gone from there... then went into the General Conspiracy forum and sure enough there was the thread but I get the same message when I click on the link..404.

Could be nothing but just seems awful coincidental that just as the thread is getting interesting... gone.

Maybe I'm spending too much time here

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakinup13
Maybe I'm spending too much time here

Yes, quite.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wakinup13

There's tons of threads like these, and yes it is a government based project. Tavistock Institute, google it.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I have thought this also. There seems to be more 'hiding' things for whatever reason!

Could just be me though!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

So... you're saying we should tolerate lies about the operations and owners of the site?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

absolutely not... I am not saying anything like that.

I have seen how ATS generally responds to threads which are questionable at best. Generally a mod will post a comment with why they have a problem and then delete the post and or close the thread. All of which I have no problem with.

This one was handled different.. it just disappeared even though it had been there for sometime...

Aren't we supposed to ask questions??

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by SkepticOverlord

absolutely not... I am not saying anything like that.

I have seen how ATS generally responds to threads which are questionable at best. Generally a mod will post a comment with why they have a problem and then delete the post and or close the thread. All of which I have no problem with.

This one was handled different.. it just disappeared even though it had been there for sometime...

Eh? You sure it was the same thread? The one I was reading, had Mods all over it stating what was what, and it was the OP's insistence that he continue to question forum members that had the thread closed.

And why oh why do we need to rehash this ever single time.... Oo

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why would the government need to run it?

Anyone can come and read what is written here.

I don't care one way or the other. The site owners have done and do a top job of running what is
essentially an open air nuthouse. Their private lives, motivations etc are none of my business.

Is it owned and run by the Gov? Don't know, don't care. You've got to watch what you say wherever you are.

And when these threads crop up and people start trashing the owners and their partners, as has happened in
the past, they have the right to 404 owt they see fit. OWNERS.

I can live with the mystery, life's more interesting.

edit on 19-10-2010 by Sam Vimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Questions were honestly answered... and the honest answers rejected by a few.

No point in supporting that.

For example, someone made up lies about my background to support some strange nefarious agenda. The T&C does not tolerate the posting of false information.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

...I had just started to read the thread and hadn't got to where the mods were on the OP... so what you suggest makes sense...

thanks for the intel..

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If you think teh big bad fedz run the place, you're free to leave.

Simple as that.

-TheAssoc.

top topics

join