It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to appear on tv show Mythbusters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I do agree that some of the demonstrations on the show are heavily based in science, although none of the cast members are scientists with the exception of perhaps Grant. Robotics does deserve a place in the science realm. It wouldnt be a bad idea for some of the experiements to be shared in the classroom as a way to teach science through special effects as it is becoming increasingly difficult to garner interest in the field to our 21st century students.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I never understood why science wasn't more popular when I was in school. What other classes do you get to slice up dead animals, blow $h!t up, and make all kinds of cool chemical interactions take place? The study of the solar system, the creation and evolution of Earth. Its all so interesting. I'd of spent all day in my science classes. I guess that's why I was finished with my science courses by my sophomore year.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I mean honestly, we are going to knock on Obama for a PSA?

Thats really what it is, and I'm happy he's involving himself in children's interest in science.

Mythbusters is a great show, it's not so much entertainment as it is a learning experience, any teacher will tell you that.

Sure, there are a lot of pressing issues going on, but I don't see a problem with him taking time out of his day to support children's education, have you seen the state of the US educational system?

It's a joke.

Any help is good help.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I see it the other way then the rest of you. The more that man is away from Washington the better, perhaps we could get him a regular spot on a soap or something, something that has a daily show and would monopolize more of his time.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
I see it the other way then the rest of you. The more that man is away from Washington the better, perhaps we could get him a regular spot on a soap or something, something that has a daily show and would monopolize more of his time.

Bush spent 487 days at Camp David, and made 77 visits to his ranch during his reign as King of America. Trust me, being absent from the White House doesn't do anything to keep a $h!tty president from doing $h!tty work. I'm not rallying behind Obama except to say that promotion of education is an awesome thing. I think You, I, and everyone can agree on that.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

No your right, and thats about the only thing I have been behind Obama on. The man is a geek and loves anything technological which is pretty cool. Just like Bush though a little bit of wishful thinking with the absences from the post.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0596004e5cb.jpg[/atsimg]

Sock it to me?

I think it is completely appropriate for the POTUS to encourage science education in America. Science contributes to the general welfare of the commonwealth, and he has sworn to uphold the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Good one.
I completely forgot about Nixon appearing on Laugh In.

I had to check for a time line to see if was sitting President during the filming.
It's close but no cigar.
Richard Milhous Nixon (January 9, 1913 – April 22, 1994) was the 37th President of the United States from 1969 to 1974

During the September 16, 1968 episode, Richard Nixon, running for president, appeared for a few seconds with a disbelieving vocal inflection, asking "Sock it to me?" Nixon was not doused or assaulted. An invitation was extended to Nixon's opponent, Vice-President Hubert Humphrey, but he declined.[2] According to George Schlatter, the show's creator, "Humphrey later said that not doing it may have cost him the election", and "[Nixon] said the rest of his life that appearing on Laugh-In is what got him elected. And I believe that. And I've had to live with that."[3]

wiki

Appearing on Laugh In got Nixon elected so maybe Obama is still in campaign mode.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ah people's blind hatred for Obama.

"Obama does (X)" (where X = absolutely anything at all)

Obama haters = [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/895d786980d4.jpg[/atsimg]

Dr. Phil's Advice To Candidates: Come on My Show

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

way to go mr whatukno great choice of words "blind hatred"

means peoples problems with obama arent based on his skin tone see they are all blind

way to go!!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Good point, thanks. I just couldn't resist!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Yahoo News Link

Apparently President Obama will be appearing on an upcoming episode of Mythbusters. However I don't think they will be addressing the Kenyan birth myth. It seems that he is doing a PR appearance on the show to raise childrens; awareness to science. What are everyone's thoughts that a sitting president is appearing on an entertainment based television show when there are many more pressing issues at hand in the world?

My thought is that he will do anything possible to get on television. I think somebody needs to do a study of presidential air time and see how many thousands of times higher Obama is compared to other presidents.

For the past month I have gone next door to a little cafe to eat lunch everyday. Everyday he is on TV giving some type of speech or update. For the first week or so I thought it was just replays, and then one day I started watching and it was LIVE!?!?
So, everyday I go over there intent to see if he is on the television, and everyday I have not been disappointed. He is on morning shows, news shows, evening shows, cable shows, talk shows, and evening news! When does he have time for presidenting?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
He needs to spend less time stroking his megalomaniac ego, and love for the spotlight, and start taking care of whats going on in this country.

I swear ive never seen a president more in love with his own self image, so much so that he ignores the issues in the country, and the job he was elected for.....

i bet he makes out with himself in the mirror

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

i love how the dems have the majority, and they are still trying to pass the buck to the other side of the isle and deny responsibility......classic.....

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I expect the two will test the myth of the birth certificate..

Busted? Plausible? or Confirmed?

edit on 18-10-2010 by timski because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You can't state the obvious racial reason that some people just cannot stand this president. Because if you do, then people get all butthurt about it and start crying race card.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

That looks like the same equation for Obama adoration.
Since X is a variable, Obama Lovers will get the same result.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Promoting science on a television show seems like a job for the first lady and not the POTUS.

Line Deux

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It would have been nice if they would make it "viewer's choice" for the myths to be busted while the President is there. Global warming would be interesting. How about testing the myth that a passport could survive a plane crash where two black boxes couldn't. Maybe an empirical test on the effectiveness of waterboarding to produce reliable information. Maybe they could revisit the idea of testing RFID chips again. Wouldn't a surprise "Special Guest" appearance by Jessie Ventura be fun!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
MythBusters is hardly a "science" show more than it is just a "blow everything up and shoot things with high-powered weapons" show.

The majority of their programs have been explosions, guns and crashing cars into things. They have the odd rocket science bit, and then on the other end of the spectrum they'll get drunk to "mythbust" the breathalizer test.

I think it's a great show, but really.. just sayin'..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join