It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Analysis of an Aerial Disc Over Costa Rica 1971

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Άδης
I am not trying to be a tool OP but I have no idea what I am looking at in the original photo you posted. Can somebody please explain what we are looking at or is it the whole picture in general.

Thanks in advance.

I thought we did look at this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a28f0452de48.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo Cropped Blow-Up

www.nicap.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Thank you!

Edit: For some reason the photos did not load when I tried to look at the orginal pdf.

edit on 16-10-2010 by Άδης because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
To me this "UFO" looks like some small debris impacted the glass window on the camera housing leaving distinct "craters" in the glass or plexiglas. I have a few example photos below.

-Ryoken

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryoken
To me this "UFO" looks like some small debris impacted the glass window on the camera housing leaving distinct "craters" in the glass or plexiglas. I have a few example photos below.

-Ryoken

After looking at your photos, thats not a bad explanation. The best i have seen so far. But my only problem with this, is they would have known this if they were taking many photos, as this would appear in all of them. I guess there is no way of knowing how many photos they took, if the camera was damaged after the flight.

But looking at those photos, then it does look like the three photos you posted, and i guess in black and white, i could see these photos looking very much like the origional photo.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

-Ryoken

Now this is impressive to say the least. Here I am thinking someone's button

popped off!

Looks pretty similar Ryoken. You may be on to something!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

-Ryoken

If that would have been the case, how come that the object was only projected in frame 300, and definitely not on 299 and 301?

We are pleased to state that through the efforts of Peter Sturrock, Jacques Vallee, and Ricardo Vilchez in San Jose, Costa Rica we received three connected frames (No. 299-301) of the original black and white negative on February 1 1, 1990.

The oval disc image is present in the same relative location on frame 300 as already described in our first article.

Therefore, it must have flown into and then out of the field of view of frame 300 within a 20 second period of time or otherwise become invisible.

www.scientificexploration.org...

edit on 16/10/10 by spacevisitor because: Add some text

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Thats a very good point spacevisitor. I guess this is not the explanation, but its the best explanation i have seen so far for the actual shape of the object, but frames don't lie.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Thats a very good point spacevisitor. I guess this is not the explanation, but its the best explanation i have seen so far for the actual shape of the object, but frames don't lie.

Well Jay-morris, Ryoken did surprise me also with his pictures, they have indeed an impressive resemblance.
But as said in that report, the object was only projected in frame 300, and definitely not on 299 and 301.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
Agreed. Debunkers are only interested in things they can debunk. Things like this which (IMO) are pretty much solid 100% proof of a UFO craft, will never be touched by these people because it will shatter their precious "Earth is special
& only planet with life" world view. Great find. S &F. Keep fighting the good fight.

You completely and utterly misrepresent the skeptical viewpoint. We're all skeptical of something, so I wonder how hard on yourself you are when something does come along that you don't accept at face value.

As for this case, I love it. It has pretty much everything you need to rule out hoaxing and foul-play, while having what looks like a clear picture.

I found some stuff on this picture on Forgetomori and they basically agree with everything that's been said in this thread. Many experts who've looked at the film and negatives think it's a film defect, and there wasn't anything physical actually there due to the object only appearing on one frame, but it's unknown what caused that defect, if that's what it is.

This is the classic UFO (Unidentified Flying Object, not Alien Spacecraft). It's unfortunate that it's unidentified and we can't do much of anything to actually identify what it is.

Good thread, Zorgon. Well-timed, too.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Very impresive... is it there more info related to this case in Costa Rica?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon.....

S&F! .....I'm glad you posted this photo for discussion.

I was actually thinking of doing that myself during the next little while.

I am looking forward to working through all of your materail & all commentary in-thread in detail.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

not just alien, that's why there are so many gringos here

I'll be heading in that direction soon, I might take a look around this lake.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Άδης
I am not trying to be a tool OP but I have no idea what I am looking at in the original photo you posted. Can somebody please explain what we are looking at or is it the whole picture in general.

Thanks in advance.

The object is at the right side of the photo.

You will have to use the bottom scroll bar to see it.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

If we are looking for comparisons maybe this would be a good one.

From.. www.ufologie.net...
On April 19, 1978, police officer Mark Coltrane was on patrol in the vicinity of Colfax, a small town with a thousands of inhabitants in Wisconsin, USA. At midday, he decided to stop the car to eat something, in a small isolated area. He noted that his radio was emitting crackles. He then noticed a metalic looking disc raising towards the the sky at a short distance from the parking space. While the object seemed to move towards him, Coltrane picked up his Polaroid camera, came out of the car and snapped some photographs. The object was so close in one of the images that it is possible to notice some details of its lower surface.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnarkill1529
reply to poolst by KIZZZY

I find that very odd....those cant be pryamids....tell me they arent pyramids!!!

Swamp gas.
2nd

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

The second pic that Spacevisitor posted has an altered
aspect ratio. See the link for the original.

As for the contrast, I suspect that it was altered by
the same routine used to alter the aspect ratio, ie,
by this website.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I must say I'm a bit taken aback by people's unwillingness to comment on this one... If nothing else, I would have to say it proves that the disk shaped aerial phenomenon exists. Or, rather, that people actually are seeing disks. Not a clue to what they may be, however.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It is clearly a balloon photographed from above.

Muhahahahaha.

(I don't know what it is)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
looks real to me!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reconciler

I dont understand the composition of the photograph. What is the cigar-shaped object in the upper left corner , and what is the white object in the bottom left ? Is this a tree or foliage and the photo is a negative ? How do you know the disc is coming out of water

I asked this a few pages back , but no-one answered cos you were all coo-cooing over the photo.
Can anyone answer ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join