It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Khazarian Jews ancestors the Israelites of the bible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have recently come across information that suggests that not all jewish people are israelites. I understand that anyone could convert to judaism, but specifically the khazarian jews. Is this allegation true? Are sephardic jews the israelites of the bible and Khazarian jews a turkish race that converted in the 9th century. I came across alot of anti-semetic sites when researching the topic, so my initial thought was that it was BS. But I also found a well sited history of the people on wiki. Anyway, I'm not sure what to believe as this is new to me.
I'M NOT LOOKING FOR ANTI-SEMITIC ZIONIST ILLUMINATI RHETORIC HERE, rather a genuine telling of the history. Once the history is established, and if proven true, i would like to know opinions on the claims to israel. I have also heard that sephardic jews are treated poorly in Israel. Is this true?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 14-10-2010 by dangerish because: trying to find how to change to proper area...my bad...where do i change it

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey! That's my race!!! My father's parental side is Sephardi Jews. If I could some how take a picture and compare it to other Sephardi Jews you'll we look just alike. I don't know much about Biblical geology. I believe it would be difficult to find out who is related to whom.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Thanks romantic rebel. There are people who believe your ancestors are the israelites....same race as Jesus. Until now, I had know idea there was a difference of race between jewish people, except of course those who converted from another religion. I don't know if these claims are true

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dangerish

Well I wish you well on your search! It's going to be hell! trust me! Don't go to any sites by Black Hebrew Israelites.
Because they will try to claim Whites are the devil and are evil. Which they would also claim Jews of today are false.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hey Mods, can you change this thread to the conspiracies in religion forum?...I don't know how. I don't know how it got to aliens and ufo's to be honest.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dangerish

Don't worry! They'll move it in time.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Here is what I have come across for sephardi jews so far......... en.wikipedia.org...
Says they are from the liberian peninsula until thrown out in the 15th century

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
From what I can tell, Sephardi are not same as Khazars,
so the thread is confusing a little bit.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I'm not suggesting that they are the same. Just the opposite....Khazarian jews, from what I understand, are the majority of modern day jews. whereas sephardic jews are a minority. The two are seperate races. they have very different appearances in skin color and facial features. Not the same....this is why the subject peaked my interest as sephardi jews look arab and kazarian jews look caucasian.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There's a grain of truth in the idea.
The Khazars were a people of southern Russia just north of the Caucasus, and they are supposed to have converted to Judaism
If they have any descendants, you would logically expect them to be found in, or come from, that region.
But only the "conspiracy theory" version of history expands them to include non-Sephardic Jews in general.
I believe most Jewish groups are supposed to have entered Europe by going north from the Mediterranean, and then drifting eastwards.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think the Biblical relation is nominal. The truth is, European Jews are a mix of Middle Eastern origin populations and the host population. This is obvious as Jews generally look somewhere in between Arabic and Nordic.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Maybe people interested in your thread should take a look at this link.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NichirasuKenshin

Thanks for that. Would also like to here from the other side as well. Ashley had a good thread, but the fact remains that the two groups have very differing features.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NichirasuKenshin

Also, the claims made in the link are totally unsited. Not that I'd be able to prove or disprove genetic research as I have no experience or desire to do so, but the rest of the claims are undocumented as well. Where did any of the info come from. I'm looking for people who are of either ethnicity to give me some input....thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So why is this nonsense in the UFO and Aliens forum?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

The thread author already admitted to accidentally posting in the wrong forum, which you would know if you read the thread.

Now why is it nonsense? The author is simply asking a question?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Also it's pretty well documented that even around the first few centuries AD and before, there were large groups of Greek Jews throughout the entire Mediterranean, including Rome as it became powerful. The Israelite Jews (or the Judean Jews) have to some extent been a diaspora community since the time of the Babylonian captivity. All of this, of course, took place well before the conversion of the Khazars. I would imagine that strictures on marriage outside the Jewish group came and went many times over 2000+ years, so it makes sense that a lot of modern European Jews look, well, European. Because they are.

And let's not forget the Ashkenazim!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by serialnick
Also it's pretty well documented that even around the first few centuries AD and before, there were large groups of Greek Jews throughout the entire Mediterranean, including Rome as it became powerful.

The documentation is about Greek-speaking Jews. We musn't confuse language and ethnicity.
Exiled Jews naturally took to the language of the world around them, just as European Jews took to German (hence Yiddish) and American Jews have taken to speaking English.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

You are, of course, correct. My apologies for being a little unclear. I was referring to not only Greek speaking Jews, but also to Jews in exile who adopted the manners and customs of the Greek communities they joined, becoming over the course of x number of generations, Greeks (at least culturally). The point being that the exiled Jews were joining future European communities centuries before the Khazars made the scene. In short, I think Jews in exile were a small part of future Europe for a long time.

new topics

top topics

join