It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff says Mexican investigator was decapitated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Sheriff says Mexican investigator was decapitated

news.yahoo.com

AUSTIN, Texas – A Mexican police commander investigating the reported shooting of an American tourist on a border lake plagued by pirates has been decapitated and his head was found in a suitcase, a Texas sheriff says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
details are hard to come by in this case but...

Ruben Rios, a spokesman for the Tamaulipas state prosecutor's office, said authorities "don't know how or why he was killed. We don't have any details on how he died."

But Gonzalez said later Tuesday that "reliable sources within the law enforcement community of Mexico" told him Flores' head was found Tuesday morning in a suitcase outside of an Army base.

Hartley's wife, Tiffany, said she and her husband were returning to the U.S. from photographing a half-submerged church in Mexico when they were attacked by pirates on speedboats. Hartley was shot and presumably fell into the lake. Tiffany Hartley said she tried to retrieve her husband's body and his Jet Ski but the pirates continued firing and she fled. Gonzalez has said he has an eyewitness who corroborates her account.

Don't let this story throw you Americans are killed on a somewhat regular bases down there...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'd like to thank everyone who has voted against legalizing drugs in the past 30 years for the Mexican cartels we now have...

I appreciate it!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

According to a recent statement by good ole boy H Clinton...
this is no longer a drug war but an insurrection!

Only a matter of time before they send American troops in ya know...

Now if you want the real answer to why the American Gov let's it go...
Look no further than "NORCOM", and the Merida Initiative written into NAFTA agreements back in 2007...

It's never been about drugs....
The U.S. seeks total control of Mexico's security apparatus. With the creation of NORCOM (the North Command) designed to protect the U.S. landmass from terrorist attack, If things go bad down there, Mexico is designated North America's southern security perimeter and U.S. military aircraft now has carte blanche to penetrate Mexican airspace. Moreover, the North American Security and Prosperity Agreement (ASPAN in its Mexican initials) people like the FBI, DEA and ICE now have free reign to operate as armed agents inside Mexican soil...

Na... It's never been about drugs... it is about power and controlling nations
edit on 13-10-2010 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Why haven't the Mexican police rallied around themselves and mounted their own war? I know we often criticize the US police for their loyalty to one another, but every criminal in the US knows that you don't kill a cop! Killing a cop gets you an immediate full-court press and mobilization of power, and most likely you will not survive the "arrest" when you are found.

If a US sheriff was investigating a cover up of a gang-related crime, and something like this happened, the cops would swoop in and shut down that gangs entire operation, there would be casualties and arrests and repercussions.

I understand the corruption in Mexican law enforcement and Mexican politics, but there has to be some kind of loyalty among the police brethren? Where is the Mexican outrage?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by DaddyBare

Why haven't the Mexican police rallied around themselves and mounted their own war? I know we often criticize the US police for their loyalty to one another, but every criminal in the US knows that you don't kill a cop! Killing a cop gets you an immediate full-court press and mobilization of power, and most likely you will not survive the "arrest" when you are found.

If a US sheriff was investigating a cover up of a gang-related crime, and something like this happened, the cops would swoop in and shut down that gangs entire operation, there would be casualties and arrests and repercussions.

I understand the corruption in Mexican law enforcement and Mexican politics, but there has to be some kind of loyalty among the police brethren? Where is the Mexican outrage?

From what I understand its the degree to which the cartels have infiltrated these organizations...

You can't even run for mayor without assuming someone will be successful in killing you.

Mix in the fact that these cartels are commandeering semis etc in cities to snarl traffic to that authorities are crippled....

If this is because of the Merida clause in NAFTA as mentioned before, we need to get into gear and invade Mexico

new topics

top topics

join