It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do american ATS members critizie american foregin policy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
As a european this is something that I have always wondered about. I don't want americans to take offense on this.
But I must ask. You do know that the U.S has been pretty extreme in it's foreign policy. Overthrowing Salvador Allende, training the nicaraguan Contras, the support for Suharto. This is like the tip of the iceberg. So now my question is: How many american ATS members critize this behaviour or at least are aware of it?

A lot of americans, or at least republicans, seem oblivious to the fact that when you have acted like that in the world for the last 50 years it makes you look like this www.finlandforthought.net...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You should read through some of my old posts.. particuarily about bin laden and that dude from Iran..

Also my sig helps..

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallic Monk

I am ashamed of my country.

I still love it, more or less, but boy am I ashamed.

It's like a having a child that ends up being a murderer, you still love the kid but damn, he is a murderer!

(I am beginning to think my views are more unique than I first assumed, so I might not be a good example of an American.)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I think the best example of the worst foreign policy was when obama and his team condemned the honduras military for protecting their constitution by throwing out President Manuel Zelaya..

And then they tried to call it a coup

Zelaya tried to break their constitution and establish himself as permanent ruler, but the military defended the countries constitution admirably...

For obama to do this is the single most extreme slap in the face for everything America was founded upon..

A lot of people will never forget that he did this against our American traditions and beliefs in freedom..

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I've never agreed with the United States foreign policy.We treat the rest of the world badly. To put it mildly the people running the state department are nincompoops. I'm sure the Bilderbergs, the Tri-Lateral Commission and the CFR approve of the way things are being done. The people of the United States sure don't have any say in the matter.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
As a US citizen, I am TOTALLY ashamed of the old US of A, and the pain, misery, and murder she has brought (and continues to bring) to the rest of the world, and her own people. But, I do like the Green Bay Packers....

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

well as a european how did you feel about these events..................

the spanish conquest of the americas?
the french conquest of the americas?

germanies conquest of its neighbors and the millions of extermination of its own citizens
japans attack on the us, and china and the millions in asian and south pacific that died........

how did you feel about the hundred years war with france and english fighting each other and killing......

how did you feel about the rapid spread of communism that led to the deaths of over 100 million people?

point is here im trying to make if you look in the greater historic context there is no nation on this earth who hasnt done something to someone somewhere else..........

there is not one country out there that isnt without sin not one...............seems to be the favorite pasttime of many people of the world to self hate themselves and hate america.............me nope i know what has been done and i have no problems with it..............

simple fact the world i live in right now has all been shaped from conflict without it you and me and everything we know and take for granted wouldnt exist.............

and there is a price that has to be paid for this and if it wasnt paid i would cease to exist you would cease to exist................................

ask yourself what would the world be like if my country the us never existed at all what if we never done nothing at all..................

ponder that..........

no matter what you people want to beleive the us hasnt done anything near the levels of past countries not even close.....................there are tons of you who will disagree with me............but open up a history book and open your eyes and read........................
edit on 10-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I wish America would use its military to defend its own shores and leave the rest of the world to their own devices.

If we weren't always trying every other country how to do everything, we wouldn't need to spend such a disgusting amount of money on our military. We would also have a lot less enemies if we weren't always sticking our noses into everyone else's business.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

It's like a having a child that ends up being a murderer, you still love the kid but damn, he is a murderer!

(I am beginning to think my views are more unique than I first assumed, so I might not be a good example of an American.)

Your views are not unique.

OP, you only registered in the last day or two. Take some time to read before asking this question. You will find that many here are true patriots, and believe that questioning our government is our duty.

Peruse my blog. I am fiercely critical of law enforcement and the government (the mafia and their goons).

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well... it is very difficult to claim that the US of A is not the current reigning champion of death and destruction in the world....but, you are correct, we had quite a 'play' book to study from...Too bad we don't choose to learn from history, but have decided perpetuate it...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

No, your views are hardly unique, especially at ATS. Many I know here feel the same way or worse. Some are ready for war, they are so upset with all the lies we've been fed, and the barbarian way our government's foreign policy has made so many people hate us. But that's not war against a foreign enemy I am taking about.

And the CIA, FBI, and NSA contain the worst rogue elements in all the 3-letter agencies combined- I am convinced of that. Add to that a touch of MI6, sprinkle with ISI, season with UN and CFR globalism, and deep fry in a hot cesspool of MOSSAD snake oil.

Yep, that about sums it up.

For those that need it in layman's terms: OUR FOREIGN POLICY SUCKS.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thank you!

I was beginning to feel pretty alone around these boards.

I will say, I am proud to be associated with what America used to be. That is worth something, at least to me.

EDIT--
Thank you TrueAmerican too! Sorry, you posted while I was responding!
edit on 10/10/2010 by adigregorio because: Fast fingers McGoo

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Do american ATS members critizie american foregin policy?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but yes I do. But what I think means nothing.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jambatrumpet

and just how do you figure that? 100 million dead from communism reigns supreme

i have no doubt you think america is the great satan............like i said you said you read history you would know better

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Right, we used to be awesome!

Now, not so much.

Care to point out our recent awesomeness? All I ever see is disappointment after disappointment, but that could just be me.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I know my history...I just have never been of the mindset that other peoples sins somehow justify my own.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

well a nuke going off in this country is pretty damn awesome in my opinion

another thing that is awesome that no more planes have been flown in to a skyscraper in the name of allah......

disappointment ? really your sitting there still breathing and complaining about your country i say thats another thing that is awesome................

i can go on but whats the point..........you dont like your country and i have no illusions that i will ever change that mindset..............

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jambatrumpet

like i have said before you are here now complaining about your country so has it really sinned?

or would the sin be to do nothing and then some fool offs you someday in the name of allah?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
well a nuke going off in this country is pretty damn awesome in my opinion

Causing mass illness with radioactive fallout is hardly awesome.

Scaring others into compliance is hardly awesome.

Actually, it kinda reminds me of a bully...

another thing that is awesome that no more planes have been flown in to a skyscraper in the name of allah......

What? So protecting ourselves is "awesome"? I thought that was selfishness?

disappointment ? really your sitting there still breathing and complaining about your country i say thats another thing that is awesome................

Ahh I smell military.

Yes, thanks to my bad government I am still alive. The ends do NOT justify the means.

i can go on but whats the point..........you dont like your country and i have no illusions that i will ever change that mindset..............

This I agree with, please do not "go on".

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

no use arguing with blind patriotism..because it is just that. Blind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join