It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter Moon Conjuction 09-21-2010 & BLUE MOON or is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Original Posters Comment:

My friend and I decided to try to capture the Jupiter Moon Conjunction on September 21, 2010 since it is the closest Jupiter has been to the earth in about 50 years. We set up the tripod and started clicking away. We noticed this blue round artifact in the lens. While clicking, each successive click showed the blue artifact to be in a different place around the moon. No one was touching the camera it was all using the shutter cord. We cleaned the lens several time but each time this is what we got. We even filmed the session with an Iphone not touching the camera and we got the same effects. It doesn't look like a lens flare, there is a couple photos with lens flare and the object in it together. The blue artifact seems to have texture and the features do not look look like the features on our moon. In fact, the earthshine and sunshine was intense, so intense no features could be made out on the moon that night. It seems to have texture and 3-D qualities.

I am posting this because of course as always, I want to learn from our better educated brains around here.

I did write the poster of the video and ask them if these pictures we see in the video are in sequence. I think that would probably make a difference of some sort. Not sure how, but the way it jumps around, if it had hours to do its thing, then yes maybe it, whatever it is would have time to move around. If it is in sequence, then it is very very interesting.
Is it just to " perfect" to be real? If it is real, what the heck is it?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It is a lens flare. The Moon itself is overexposed, showing no detail. The lens flare (internal camera reflection) is dimmer as a result of bouncing of the interior off of the camera and is not overexposed. Compare the reflection to the image of the moon here:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/579588ca4818.png[/atsimg]

The reflection moves in direct relationship to the position of the Moon in the frame. When the Moon is in a different position, the reflection is in a different location relative to it. That is how lens flares behave.

edit on 10/9/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think this was photoshopped...

Take a couple second exposure of the full Moon to get the "bright object." Take a second image of the Moon using a lunar filter to give the detailed picture. Overlay one over the other and move them around. It would explain the same size of the Moon and the "bright object."

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Thats why I come here to learn from the big dogs!

top topics

join