It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ventian
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Then there was the business about Obama's name changing in spelling, from "Barak" to "Barack".

This was the same for Osama after the 9/11 attacks. It turned into Usama at some point.

Ah, yes, it did! I had forgotten about that one! I always figured that was to avoid comparison.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

If there explosion took place over solid stone/concrete/ashphalt, and had no particular cavities directly underneath, like a parking lot or similar, there wouldn't be much of a crater. The blast would be deflected in the less resistant directions instead. It came to light during the 22.07 bombing in Oslo, Norway, that it could have been much worse. Breivik unknowingly placed the van over a service tunnel or something, and much of the blast went down there.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Fantastic idea for a thread,starred and flagged!

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
interesting info!!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepestOne
Nice informative topic you have there thankyou.

Seriously they should make a forum about this, so that we get a clear overhead view of lost knowledge.

Anybody knows has someone created a foorum about this? Would be interesting... If not then some webmaster should put it together.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: monkeySEEmonkeyDO
Water Found On The Moon
With only 20 years in service, India's space program finds a large amount of water on the moon. Shortly after, NASA sent out a large bomb to hit the moon's surface b/c they "wanted to find more water under the surface'... Most likely, NASA was clearing out any signs of US military bases before India could find them.
www.timesonline.co.uk...

CDC Admits To Inaccurate and Misleading “Flu Deaths” Stats
The CDC stated that around 4,000 people died from the swine flu, but also admits that the regular seasonal flu kills off around 100,000 people in America EVERY YEAR. The CDC has also admitted to 'fudging' the numbers to their advantage.
hiddenhealthscience.com...

The fact that you include these two in the list renders everything else pretty much worthless. These are incredibly idiotic.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted-

The Brit Hume story on FOX which brought up Israeli spying and 9/11foreknowledge:

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Are we taking time to ensure that these weren't "dropped" because they turned out to be false and/or based on faulty information? Back in my heydey (and when Journalism actually existed) it was understood that there existed a balance between being the first to report something and being able to report with credible sources. The bigger, older media channels still carry some residue of this, whereas much of the newer "alternative media" platforms will publish every unverified rumor as fact, as long as its likely to get clicks (and therefore ad revenue).

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phallacy

I don't think there is any question that TPTB can hush things up with a simple directive.

Remember when the news was Ebola every single day? Then we got an "Ebola Czar". News reports stopped the same day.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

I don't think there is any question that TPTB can hush things up with a simple directive.

Remember when the news was Ebola every single day? Then we got an "Ebola Czar". News reports stopped the same day.

The Ebola reporting was proof to me that if there ever is a massive outbreak of a deadly disease, "they" won't tell us.
edit on 6/27/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Actually...

The Ebola Czar was announced in October 2014
edition.cnn.com...

And news reports were still happening in November.
edition.cnn.com...

In December it was announced he'd be returning to the private sector
www.nbcnews.com...

A more likely explanation: The media jumped on (and hyped) a subject that would attract eyeballs (so as to pay the bills with their advertising revenue). The czar announcement was in response to the paranoia created by the news reports. Once said paranoia subsided, the czar was dismissed.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
cool thread.
A few months ago there was a report on the radio news of a flaming aircraft crashing into the ocean on aucklands west coast in NZ,I expected to hear about it on the nightly news,then nothing?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

They didn't stop the "same" day, but public lost interest in the story pretty fast. If a news story can outlast the 24 hour news cycle and still keep the public interested, it's got legs.

Did you know that the nuclear reactor at Fukishima is STILL leaking? Most people don't, because they lose interest after the first sensationalist headlines that it was damaged in the first place.

Just like the Confederate Flag story from last week. Everyone assumes they got taken down because everyone was TALKING about it and saying it SHOULD be taken down, but none of them have actually come down yet (other than the one that the lady took down in Charleston (Bravo!) ), but the media has moved along and the public has lost interest. In a few years someone will say "why is that Confederate Flag still flying, weren't they all supposed to be removed over some flap or other?"

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: the way
I remember in the early 90's back when BBC news 24 had just started, very early in the morning a story ran about how there had been successful tests of a satellite/space craft that used solar sails to reflect the suns energy back to earth that could be used to ensure good weather for crop growth in small regions back on earth. Although there is a new scientist article produced BEFORE the tests, nothing was mentioned about it again.

www.newscientist.com...

The BBC is especially vulnerable to being told to shut up about a story, as they're Government funded and Government run.

I remember a story about 30 years ago about how they had found the Valley of the Queens in Egypt, which was making the amount of gold found in the Valley of the Kings look like paupers in comparison, and "more details were to come after this break". Now, the BBC NEVER takes commercial breaks. After the fake break, not a single word was said.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

The Confederate Flag cannot just be taken down. There is a legal process involved.

The flag can only be removed from its location in front of the State legislature with the approval of two-thirds of that body. And Haley said if the state's General Assembly doesn't convene on the matter in this last week of the legislative year, she would call up lawmakers to the capital "under extraordinary measures."

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Not sure if it wasn't ever mentioned again or just got dropped by the news cycle, but in 2008, when the convention was only a few weeks away and American Democrats were still deciding between Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama, there was a story that both candidates cancelled ALL of their scheduled campaign appearances, didn't tell their campaign managers where they were going, and disappeared for an entire weekend.

When they came back, neither would tell anyone where they went. Shortly afterwards, Obama was confirmed as the candidate.

This happened in plain sight, right at the highest and nastiest point of campaigning.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: babybunnies

The Confederate Flag cannot just be taken down. There is a legal process involved.

The flag can only be removed from its location in front of the State legislature with the approval of two-thirds of that body. And Haley said if the state's General Assembly doesn't convene on the matter in this last week of the legislative year, she would call up lawmakers to the capital "under extraordinary measures."

Yes, there is a legal process to follow.

However, I bet this gets completely ignored by the news cycle. I doubt they'll cover it anymore.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Off topic
Noticed the OP was posted at 11:11am

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpAndC

I do! Very vaguely but I do!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpAndC

I do! Very vaguely but I do!