It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA caught manipulating photos

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I just found this news article where NASA has been found out photoshopping images.

www.news.com. au

There was a Youtube video there but it has been removed.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Here is the link to the Youtube video.

Thanks to Violet for tracking it down.

Youtube

I don't know what to make of it, NASA's reason does seem to make sense when you see the image, maybe they should have disclosed it on the webpage that contained the image to prevent this.

But then they would be opening the door for people saying " how many other images have you done this to......"

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It is an interesting picture but I am sure it has a more mundane explanation! I am not that good with image manipulation but it is strange that there is red, green and blue luminescence there!

My guess is its a camera fault and for the sake of the photo NASA edited it to look normal!

I mean you can see the moon most nights, When have you ever seen red, green and blue lights around it...
edit on 8-10-2010 by insubordinate because: Add comment

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The photo is clearly labeled a Color Composite.

I guess some people don't know what a composite is.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-10-2010 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

cheers buddy.... nice thread... tnx

don't expect anything from 'Never Any Straight Answers'....

they never manipulate any photos.... NO, NEVER.... "probably just a glitch"

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

LOL, yeah me for one.

I'm not a photographer, so I didn't know it was even a method, let alone had a name!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by insubordinate
My guess is its a camera fault and for the sake of the photo NASA edited it to look normal!

hmmmm.... they seem to always have problems with the colours...

Originally posted by easynow
image #S69-40308 available 2-22-2010 on the Human Space Flight website showed signs that a cloning tool was used in the area around the flag.

credit to DrBunsen for noticing it..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is the picture that was on the HSF site and it is a frame from the DAC imagery

the next day it was replaced with this image

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

That is quite funny that they were so sloppy but also revealing.

What was the purpose of the photoshopping in the moonwalk image - did they do it just to make the image more appealing because a shot of man walking on the moon was too boring?

How many other images have they done this to.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901

cheers buddy.... nice thread... tnx

don't expect anything from 'Never Any Straight Answers'....

they never manipulate any photos.... NO, NEVER.... "probably just a glitch"

Cheers buddy.... nice reply... tnx

don't expect anything from the crew who speculate NASA are totally disingenuous.

they never contribute anything to a discussion except add to the emotional fud going on already.... NO, NEVER... "Never Any Straight Answers" is all you get plus jibe comments

Oh now I feel dirty...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

i'm guessing to almost all lunar pix.... check the other posts in that thread.... the moon is not B&W...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This is not exactly news? I thought it was commonly known NASA was manipulating their images, at least known amongst us on ATS.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Wow I've known NASA has been airbrushing photos for years but have never seen this topic brought out into the light of day like this. Stuff like this seems to be coming out more frequent as time goes on we keep seeing our government slipping up and more of this # is convincing the public there full of it!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
NASA should hire me, i'm a master with photoshop...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
I just found this news article where NASA has been found out photoshopping images.

Erm, how long have you been on ATS? Exuberant1 offers us tremendous evidence in many of his threads on this site that shows clearly that Never A Straight Answer can be trusted.

The same old people will rock up and demand evidence, yet when it is given to them they go remarkably quiet.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Erm, how long have you been on ATS? Exuberant1 offers us tremendous evidence in many of his threads on this site that shows clearly that Never A Straight Answer can be trusted.

I've been here since 6th of November 2009 - a little over 11 months.

I apologise for not reading every thread in that time - I will of course try and alleviate the matter to your satisfaction

P.S. I was aware that NASA was guilty of this before this time, but I thought other ATS'ers might appreciate the fact that it hit some mainstream media.
edit on 8/10/1010 by Krusty the Klown because: brain explosion

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Um...maybe they just wanted to make the photo look prettier? and those specks could be other stars or galaxies for all I know. It's hard to tell. But there's no denying NASA touches up their photos for aesthetic purposes.
edit on 8-10-2010 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Aesthetic? thats like putting out both middle fingers and saying F U god you didn't do good enough the universe doesn't look good enough i can do better! its damn well blasphemous

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
hmmmm
I wonder what was being airbrushed out???
an luminescent armada of UFO ships?
or Planet X, Nibiru ????
any guesses???

or is it some of our own ships
out there that they claim doesn't
exist???

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
I apologise for not reading every thread in that time - I will of course try and alleviate the matter to your satisfaction

P.S. I was aware that NASA was guilty of this before this time, but I thought other ATS'ers might appreciate the fact that it hit some mainstream media.
edit on 8/10/1010 by Krusty the Klown because: brain explosion

Haha touche
, admittedly that it has been quiet on the Never A Straight Answer threads, but here is one in particular you may want to read, not because it was created by me, but because there are many views expressed by many knowledgable members from this site it goes in to great detail how Nasa could be keeping more than we know from us. (for our own protection of course :@@)

NASA STS-114 UFO Footage - Can it be debunked?

edit on 8-10-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join