It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

keepingaopenmind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicgoddess

Thankyou cosmicgoodess For you very kind words, And it is a pleasure to meet you, I believe Once anyone opens their mind, the same thing will happen, I feel that once we connect ourselves with the energy, we realize the energy actually controls us, not our mind controlling the energy. I like to use my new saying which is, "you are not your mind, your mind is not who you are, but your mind would love for you to think that"
, Take good care, and now you have interested me to read your intro, and threads you come up with
Take very good care

Love and peace

Rick

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!!!!

You have good rules in life. They may help along the way here.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

Thank you very much for the welcome, Lucidclouds. Interesting online name you have for your self, very thought provoking. We all can only try our best to live by certain rule's, And definitely not perfect, and I am still learning so much more as each moment passes. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance
And I will see you on the threads, Take good care

love and peace

Rick

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by keepingaopenmind

Hello Ricky, I offer you a fashionably late welcome.

I hope you choose to hang around ATS for a while. I enjoyed reading your introduction, and I thank you for sharing you experiences, understandings, and beliefs with us.

I am seeking. I am searching. I am trying to understand. I am here. I try so hard to understand life, existence, consciousness, reality, purpose, and experience.

Believe in what you want to believe. In the end this is what will keep you strong.

I do not know what to believe. I follow a religion, I gain peace and bliss. I find a new religion that seems more true, more correct... my foundations are shaken, then I again find peace and bliss in the new. This pattern repeats with another religion, a philosophy, an idea, a theory, a discovery, a research, an opinion, a feeling. No matter where the "belief" originates from, I only find temporary stability until something new comes along. I even recently believed that all "belief" originates from the same Source, that my thoughts create and manifest my reality. That the supernatural "powers" and teachings of The Matrix and Star Wars were based upon this Source, as all religion, philosophy, and spirituality does also. But like always, I find myself in a new doubt, searching for my next high. I experience paranormal and supernatural at times when I can manage to hold onto that temporary peace that eludes me. I am tired of going through this cycle of learning, understanding, believing, gaining peace, manifesting "power", discovering something new, losing peace, then starting the cycle over again. I want to KNOW. I want STABILITY in my KNOWING. I want ever-long PEACE....

The religious tell me to have faith in god. The philosophical tell me to question, seek, and learn. The spiritualists tell me to find unity in all. The enlightened tell me to look within. I have tried, but I still am trapped in the "cycle" that I explained above. I feel "accomplished" for learning and understanding so many different paths. I don't want "accomplishment"! I want my Peace. I want to finally Know and have stability on MY PATH. It eludes me....

How can my beliefs keep me strong, when no matter how sincere, how humble, how I search and ask, how honest I am... my beliefs keep changing? Each time my belief changes, it strips me of my Strength and Peace. With each fall, I am finding it harder to ascend. I even tried to back-track to my previous paths, but once I leave a path and try to re-walk the path, I feel emptiness and cold where I once found Peace.

As you warned us that you ramble, I often do also, and I apologize for this lengthy reply.

May Peace be upon you my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join