It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird msg going out over the radio on 105.9 WXRG (put on your gas mask)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
that's the station in hattiesburg... i live twenty minutes away. i read this, turned it on. the count down was at 1 day 18 hours and change, i believe. little radio with bad reception. dug out my mp3, now it's just stactic. guess it is just a format change.
but with all the recent talk on here about disclosure, alien invasions, and false flags, better safe than sorry. right? ok, my bad, i don't listen to the radio, thought it was out of hattiesburg. someone posted it's off the coast... oops.. i'll admit when i;m wrong.

edit on 7-10-2010 by notsofast because: inc pst

edit on 7-10-2010 by notsofast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
whats coming in 18 hours 24 minutes 53 seconds? what a better voice? an actual song? thats just weird, "PUT ON YOUR GAS MASKS WERE GOING TO KILL EVERYBODY" proablly a bunch of racist white guys trying to "retake america"

I dont know why i am still listening to it, maybe curiousity, i doubt its anything, just to make people fear. america is good at that making its people live in fear. so life is proballly a big movie to them.

"something new will be here" yea a differnt voice doing a countdown lol

Construction? the voice keeps saying they are building something, i like the "dont be alarmed because i am a talking computer"
edit on 7-10-2010 by Anthony1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Why does it have to be a bunch of racist white guys?

That seems like a racist statement to me.

Just about everyone knows the Jews control the media

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by Tadarida

Well the key to getting it was to read your post. I know that's not the latest fad, but what can I say? I'm a rebel!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Ok, it now says "T-minus 18 hours 10 minutes 12 seconds and counting"

It has said things like "Action figures sold separately --- My shift will be coming to an end in... --- My big brother will be replacing me in.... --- We come in peace and will give you something grand when this countdown comes to an end --- Don't head for the hills, you will be missing the beginning of something brand new on your radio dial --- The excitement is growing. Something brand new is coming for your enjoyment."

Obviously a new radio station or new DJ is coming, that's all. This happened in my city many years ago to a very good radio station, and when it went off the air there was the horrible audio of constant laughter for 2 weeks straight until a Mexican station took over.

Why is everything a conspiracy to some of you?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Now days ...
You never know.

Could also be a message for AL-CIA-DUH....

It's most likely not but it is intresting to listen too.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I sent you an u2u
edit on 7-10-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: Its personal

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net...
CLICK to directly listen

WOW a COUNTDOWN, I think its a new radio station.. nothing as exciting as a gas attack...
Says "something brand new will be on this frequency" so clearly its a new radio station, this is a Radio GIMMICK...

reply to post by SWCCFAN

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
t- 18 hours .... and counting. I dont know what this is but the time i listen it said "The Mississippi Gulf Coast Will Be His New Home" WTF. also said " something new is coming" "this spot on the radio will be your new home" as it said more it seemed like maybe meant to be funny countdown for a new station or something. Either way i will be tuning in to see in umm 17 hours now.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
WOW!!! DO folks really think there is something sinister going on here...or some plot? If so, im going to leave this site forever....just amazing. Dont you think the authorities would have already checked into this? Seriously???

They did the same thing at a radio station here in NC about 6 months back. They played the same song over and over then they did a countdown: "24 hours until things change forever".

Well you know what happened??? The station changed and it turned into "Rush Radio" yes-Rush Limbaugh (and others). It went from a classic rock station to a 24/7b conservative radio station.

Geez why do folks on here get SO worked up over stuff? You think this radio station is actually saying folks will need gas masks? Or that aliens are coming or something? Good GOD!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Take it for all it's worth

"Listeners who have tuned in to WHGO 105.9-FM, a classic-rock radio station, in the past few days have heard a voice counting down the days, minutes and seconds instead of the music they were expecting. A representative who answered the telephone at the Mississippi Media office said the countdown is marking the time until the radio station, which has been down for maintenance, will go back on the air — Friday at 3 p.m."

edit on 10/7/2010 by Beast4rmDaEast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Save the tin-foil section of your brain for something else... this countdown won't amount to much.

Listeners who have tuned in to WHGO 105.9-FM, a classic-rock radio station, in the past few days have heard a voice counting down the days, minutes and seconds instead of the music they were expecting. A representative who answered the telephone at the Mississippi Media office said the countdown is marking the time until the radio station, which has been down for maintenance, will go back on the air — Friday at 3 p.m Read more: www.sunherald.com...
Emphasis mine.

If you do just a little Googling, you'll find that the station is owned by Triad Broadcasting Company, LLC. On their news page, you'll learn that they have a number of new corporate officers. The most interesting of which is the new Market Manager for Biloxi/Gulfport, which is where the WHGO station is located.

If you read this news article you will see the following:

Triad Broadcasting Senior Vice President and Director of Operations- Eastern US, Steve Fehder, announces the appointment of William G. West as the new Vice President / Market Manager of Mississippi Media Broadcasting, LLC for the Biloxi-Gulfport cluster.

West will oversee six stations including 96.7 Hank FM, 1490 AM ESPN, 1640 WTNI talk radio, 105.9 GO FM, 107.1 FM The Monkey, and 97.9 FM WCPR Rocks.

My guess is that this guy, who is mentioned to have a "proven track record in creative marketing" came up with this cheeky countdown idea to generate interest about a new format or station personalities.

If you are still freaked out, I advise you to call one of these guys from the broadcasting station (105.9 WHGO).

V.P./MARKET MANAGER
Bill West (228)388-2001

SALES MANAGER
Ricky Mitchell (228)388-2001

OPERATIONS MANAGER
Kenny Vest (228)236-1081

PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Wayne Watkins (228)236-1084

OFFICE MANAGER/HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Michelle Shortridge (228)236-1083

CONTINUITY/COMMERCIAL TRAFFIC DIRECTORS
Michelle Shortridge (228)236-1083

PROMOTIONS/NEW MEDIA DIRECTOR
Mindy Patton (228)236-1080

SOURCE: www.1059whgo.com...

edit on 7-10-2010 by DamaSan because: Looks like Beast4rmDaEast beat me to that one quote!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
God how bored are we on here when the changing format of a radio station gets so much attention. Even worse here I am posting and adding to the garbage. But as I said I am just as bored you the rest of you. Could these morons who are supposedly in control hurry up and get on with whatever the f there supposed to be planning. So we can half all these threads and get onto some new material.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Why is everyone on here so damn paranoid, it's obvious it's just for their dumb radio station prob going to switch from classic rock to some gay indie rock. Nothing mysterious, dark, or sinister going on here, people need to quit looking for any reason to put their tinfoil vagina hats on.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Dont feel bad man. Im not really bored, but more frustrated-thats why i post. Its just CRAZY how folks get worked up over nothing on here. I wish ATS was a more "serious" website. I like the premise, i like the setup and toipics, i dislike MUCH of everything that is posted here because 99.9% of it is a hoax, 99.9% of the time said hoax could have been proven as shuch if the original poster just did a little research.

But hey, wild topics and long threads sell right? I guess folks on here are just doing their part to contribute to the "system". The same "system" they say they are against LOL.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

WHGO countdown

16 hours until the party begins with a new sound. They must be changing the format. Stay tuned.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i wouldnt worry
a station where i live did the some thing similar a few years ago
they played (its the end of the world as we know it) non-stop for a whole weekend
all they did was change format

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i wouldnt worry
a station where i live did the some thing similar a few years ago
they played (its the end of the world as we know it) non-stop for a whole weekend
all they did was change format

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
"Please remain seated until he arrives."
"The beginning of something brand new."
"The spot on your radio will be your new home."
"Something brand new is coming."

These are just a few quotes of what is being broadcast. Sounds like nothing more
than a marketing ploy for a new station format.

Although, the first quote is kind of obscure?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Format change. Pure and simple. A old alt/rock station played REMs' "End of the World" over and over for days before they switched formats.....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join