It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird msg going out over the radio on 105.9 WXRG (put on your gas mask)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

"Do not be alarmed because I am a talking computer, something brand new is coming to this frequency"
"Something brand new is coming to this frequency, stand by"
"Be here in xxxx for something brand new, you will love it"

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Has anyone looked at this outside of some huge disaster, alien invasion, or forthcoming anti-christ. Just from listening for a couple of minutes it sounds like a radio station change, whether that is a genre change or a new owner to that station..etc... It seems to be a great marketing ploy...I mean look, it's got this websites attention and I'm sure lots of others. Job well done to that marketing team.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Same thing happened to our local rock station. They played a similar loop with a countdown. Turned out the rock station turned into a gay 24/7 sports news station.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RavenX
Same thing happened to our local rock station. They played a similar loop with a countdown. Turned out the rock station turned into a gay 24/7 sports news station.

I've seen a few radio stations do similar promotions when they undergo a major format change. Nothing to be alarmed at but they will probably go from playing Led Zeppelin to Lady GaGa

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anything thing is better than classic rock. This sounds ok to me.

They will be launching new schedule tomorrow.

Anyone else see pontypool. If you have not seen 'pontypool' go and rent it this weekend. I promise you will enjoy it after seeing this thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
WOW!

10 Pages

We figured out yesterday it was a fromat change.

Today I got in contact with the station manager and he confirmed the format change.

He said to listen cause they will have some intresting quotes coming up soon.

I still am in dis-belief that there are so many responses.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Thanks SWCC.

I still think there should be some accountability for some of those quotes and no context. I am usually against regulation and nanny laws, but you can't go on the air and tell people on the Mississippi Gulf Coast to get ready to die and some of those other quotes were pretty cryptic and scary. They got you to send out an alert and then have to retract it. It isn't cool to scare an unsuspecting population. Funny is ok, weird is ok, even raunchy is ok, but some things should not be said unless they are in the proper context. As for me, I hope the new format fails miserably.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Think will all the doom & gloom around we are just looking for something that is fun.

It sounds like they might have a contest tied to these pre-change messages. That would be a great post-launch buzz campaign.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well it is importiant to keep in mind that the ownership of media is only controled in the hands of the few.

There could always be something more sinister going on in plane site.

just look at 9/11...

edit on 7-10-2010 by SWCCFAN because: I forgot why

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

This is not unusual. The FCC will nab a radio station's license for failure to broadcast. So, even though WXRG may be renovating the its studio, it is still required to broadcast something.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net...

this is scarry #.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Its probably a Rock Concert in the Gulf Coastal regions somewhere...A new Rock Band...you watch...
Or the appearance of the Atlantians, or something to do with my last dream but IDK lets just wait and see Friday 20.50 gmt.

edit on 7-10-2010 by DreamerOracle because: spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Hi eveyone, i have seen this same thing before and it happened a fear years back. the radio station was in the process of changing locations and changing to a different station so that the mexican station could be broadcast through the old rap station. for 3 or 4 days this went on. it would quote songs and start counting down. like T- MINUS 2 DAYS until blah blah blah. it was very weird. but i dont think your radio station is changing to a different station from what you are saying to us. let me listen to the live broadcast and see what is going on and i think you should call the police and find out what is going on

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnie_walker

WhEN THIS COUNTDOWN IS OVER I AM GETTING DRUNK TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU

THIS SPOT WILL BE YOUR FAVORITE PLACE ON THIS RADIO FOR A LONG TIME. STAY TUNED.

TO THE PEOPLE AND ANIMALS OF SOMETHING CITY GOLF HURST SOMETHING AMAZING IS COMING.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This to me sounds like they are just doing some station upgrades and / or the station is changing hands.. something like this happened 10 or so years back with a local station here .. it went from a modern rock station to an oldies station..

My guess is they are changing format .. and probably just doing station upgrades, there's nothing menacing about it ..

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am amazed at all the posts commenting on this after the O.P. and dozens of others figured out by 6 or 7pm CDT Wednesday

READ the posts

Sorry just had to say

Oh... If the new owners are here... I have 18 years broadcasting experience

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Right.... what Santa Claws said...... This thread is proving to me how many people comment without reading the thread.... sorry to take up more bandwidth to say it, but.... T-Minus 30 minutes until someone guesses that it is a format change for the radio station.

edit on 10/7/2010 by Tadarida because: added line

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Just found the thread and not sure if this has been said or not... But stations sometimes will do things like this while they reprogram the computers for a format change.

Here in Detroit a few years ago a station played R.E.M.'s "It's the End of the World As We Know It" for twelve hours prior to the change. I still can't seem to get it out of my head.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It only took a minute for someone to make that guess again!!! People really don't read the thread!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
It only took a minute for someone to make that guess again!!! People really don't read the thread!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It took one minute... omg, I am really laughing right now!! Thanks for "getting it"!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join