It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Police Seize 22 Tons Of Explosives From Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Afghan Police Seize 22 Tons Of Explosives From Iran

www.myfoxny.com

AFP - Afghan police said Wednesday they had seized 22 tons of explosives stashed in boxes marked "food, toys and kitchenware" that were imported from neighboring Iran.

The discovery was made Tuesday in a customs office in the western province of Nimroz on the Iranian border, deputy provincial police chief Mohammad Musa Rasouli said.

"We found these materials hidden in a 40 foot shipping container that had come from Iran. The explosives were disguised as merchandise like food, toys and kitchenware," he added.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So, i would like to hear from all of the people that claim Iran is a peace seeking nation. You can spin this anyway you want, but the fact remains, those explosives would have been used to kill coalition troops. I can not wait for that dirt squirl running Iran to get ousted or killed.. I am ok with either.

They say they want to help the peace process in Afg. but yet they are supplying the Taliban with weapons. I would think that Iran would benefit from the Taliban being over run. They could then gain a foot hold in the politics of Afghanistan. The Taliban will not allow Iran to dictate policy to them. I think that any Govt. formed in Afghanistan (other than taliban rule) would welcome Iranian support...

Their involvment in this confuses me..

www.myfoxny.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Not the first time. Sep 22:
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

So, i would like to hear from all of the people that claim Iran is a peace seeking nation.

And I'd like to hear from all of the people that claim the USA is a peace seeking nation.

We the people are, but our damn government is anything but. And I might remind you that no evidence has been shown here that the Iranian government is responsible for this, or the other shipment. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this is more work from the CIA/MOSSAD, trying to frame Iran.

Manufactured evidence.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You say and assume that it's from the Iranian government. PROVE IT.

The Iranian markings, flags, language etc printed on the weapons and explosives are a big clue. There is also the fact that EFPs are very difficult to make and the only press in the region capable of producing them is in Iran.

These activities are not new, they started in Iraq and Afghanistan c. 2003 but Iranian weapons and explosives only started being discovered in significant numbers c. 2005.
edit on 6/10/10 by Soshh because: Bollocks-ed up the quote box thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

for years iran has been helping the foreign fighters in iraq and the taliban in afghanistan that have killed american lives....

FOR YEARS............................everyone knows the iran connection but noone wants to do anything about it this is proof of what i have been saying an others have been sayin.

iran needs to be delt with in a more effective manner than what is currently going on........

when i see articles like this and when i know americans are dying from it it INFURIATES me to a level of what you people wouldnt beleive.

sooner of later the iranian government will get whats comming to them.
edit on 6-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Why would you rather accuse your government and it's security / intel services when there is absolutely no evidence to suggest their involvement than believe the evidence that suggests elements within Iran were involved?

The US is NOT responsible for all the world's ill's.

And you call yourself 'TrueAmerican'?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well I hope you will back up your fury with the willingness to sign up for the military. Because there's nothing worse than warmongering armchair generals that have no idea what it actually means to go to war with Iran.

I'm not supporting Iran's actions, I just want you to realize what you're asking for.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

You say and assume that it's from the Iranian government. PROVE IT.

And would you be on here asking for proof if the same news source said the weapons/explosives came from the U.S.? No doubt you'd automatically accept that as true.

True American?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarrok

as per ats terms and conditions i cant elaborate as to what i will do can do and am capable of doing.

armchair cowards are another thing that infuritate me for the simple fact that we can all sit here in our own little safe worlds is because of the men and women in uniform its thanks to them all those who came before them and those who are in harms way now and those who will be in harms way agian.....

make no mistake about this sir those people lives are the onlys ones that matter to me some armchairs coward isnt.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
my question is this:
why would Iranian arms shipments go through
customs offices in Afgh and this other place
mentioned? When they can get scud missiles
into Lebanon to fire at Israel without
getting caught ????

If it was truly Iran responsible.
I highly doubt you would find 2
arms shipment so close together.
Both highly publicized and both
in Customs Offices in US Allied
territory.

Remember Iraq ??? We claimed they
had WMD's and invaded and later couldn't
find any.

Well here is your CIA/MOSSAD set-up
to invade Iran due to weapons ....
delivered right directly to your
puter screen on a silver platter.

enjoy the propaganda

edit on 10/6/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarification

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Just like I can not verify that this is indeed 100% true.. You also can not verify that what you said is 100% true!..
Why can't everyone just be like OJ Simpson and Bill Clinton and just tell the truth.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If our troops weren't over there in the first place, the market for IED's and explosives in that region would be low to non-existent. This war created that market... like a good businessman, they played on the supply/demand thing.

Good catch for the afghans/USA finding these explosives tho.
edit on 10/6/2010 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

LMFAO....ROFLMFAO.... Was that meant as a joke? Yeah, the US is what caused the violence in the middle east... How incredibly funny.. You my friend, are a funny funny guy!
edit on 6-10-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

what is the US gonna do with all
that confiscated explosives?
Write on it "This one's for Betty"
and drop it over Tehran?
Just trying to understand the
reasoning here.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

you know your observation is funny. You accused the US of causing the violence (Which i didn't even say BTW). All i said was that the USA being in the region caused the market for weapons to go up. doesn't that happen during war time? weapons prices and what not go up? think about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I am confused

What do you mean? What are they going to do with the confiscated explosives? With 100% certainty, protocol is to wire it and blow it. If that is whats going to happen, who knows? I am confused as to what it matters what the US does with confiscated explosives..

But, Boon, I know where you stand on all issues America.. You probably have us blowing up school children with it. Or giving it to Israel so they can blow up a "peacfull" HAHAHAHA flotilla.

All joking aside... Didn't it say the Afghans Confiscated it? Where did we come into play? other than assumptions and opinions?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Could easily be a false flag operation. Why would Iran try to sneak explosives into Afghanistan through a shipping port rather that just drive it across the border in some remote area, or air drop it? The two countries share a huge border, most of it remote and primitive.

This stinks of "planted evidence".

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Well here is your CIA/MOSSAD set-up
to invade Iran due to weapons ....
delivered right directly to your
puter screen on a silver platter.

enjoy the propaganda

What propaganda? You seem pretty certain of yourself considering that your post is full of questions and assumptions.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

How exactly do you recommend they air drop it?? With a catapult? Or a really big water balloon sling shot? Iran is a little off their rocker... But they are not going to fly into NATO controlled airspace! Period!

I agree.. it seems silly for them to take normal shipping routes.. But who knows.. this could have been a very successfull route for them, and this is the first one that was found..

Also a little food for thought.. Just because this came in from Iran.. does not mean that the Iranian Govt. sent it.. Or Iran for that matter..

The manifest hasn't been shown.. this could have come from California, routed through iran..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join