It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If enough of us believe Aliens are arriving, they will arrive

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Given the number of possibilities for alien life beyond our intelligence, it would not be unfair to say that there are some of these aliens watching us develop as a planet. If these aliens have taken interest in us and see that we are ready to meet them peacefully and collectively... it could spawn an arrival. This is just merely an idea. With chaos all things are possible, we may or may not be a supervised planet and aliens may or may not be friendly. who knows until it happens...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Every single person in this world could wish for aliens to contact us but unless they want to contact us nothing will happen.
All the positive thinking in the world won't change that.

There is a huge difference between wish, and belief.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by Freeborn
Every single person in this world could wish for aliens to contact us but unless they want to contact us nothing will happen.
All the positive thinking in the world won't change that.

There is a huge difference between wish, and belief.

Second line.

hmm. this is something that has crossed my mind a few times throughout my life. i read an article recently, it was a sort of self-help type of article that said that one of the best ways to succeed at what you do is to think about it all the time. to believe you will be successful. it got me thinking about philosophy and the notion that we make our own reality as a whole. i don't count it out to be honest. if that were the case, we would never know.

that being said, we can never know.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by StarrGazer25

One thing you have to remember, the power ball is much broader than you think, for you to believe you are gonna win the power ball might not necessarily work because it effects other also, the company, other people playing the games etc.

So if you can convince more and more people who will wholeheartedly believe you can win the power ball, you have more chance of winning than those you are competing against

Try testing it.

It would be a very interesting experiment.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Although I hate the guts of peter pan, this theory is similar, except you don't see things appearing and disappearing in front of your eyes, that is a little over exaggerated and over simplified so kids can understand it.

Hopefully you don't make conclusion based on a Movie designed and produced for kids.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yeah its true that if you focus on something hard enough you will find it. but only because you are looking for it.

Here's a quick test you can all do at home right now.

- Please look around the room you are in and count to ten, as you are counting I would like you all to pick out as many things you can see that are RED,
results see below

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ok have you all looked around the room?

How many objects did you see that were green?

Just because you are thinking of things does not make them appear, it only makes you notice when they do.
Its like the classic phenomena when people always seem to look at the clock at a certain time, they look at the clock countless times a day but when they glance at it they dont register it, but when they see 11:11 or my fave radio station 10:17 it stands out.

The maker of this thread will not let you argue this he will merely patronise you and brush you off, If we get first contact tomorrow he will take credit, if it doesnt happen its our fault for not believing, kinda like religion.
How its gone three pages is beyond me , I call for a closed topic to let other more interesting debates take place.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Jesus once said that 'because of your unbelief' no miracle would occur. I forget the exact passage. I am sure it's easy enough to find. OK it was the mustard seed thing, Mathew 17:20. Then he controlled the weather, or rather, he asked God to do it, because Jesus recognized God as being 'good' and not himself.

So maybe there's something to this. On the other hand, since most Christians I know consider aliens as demonic...and would probably try shooting at them....

edit on 3-10-2010 by starless and bible black because: edit

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

Thought is possible, when we believe it is possible we pursue it and get.

Something which is impossible can't come to our thought, therefore to us, impossibility doesn't exist.

I can imagine some arrogant foul in the past claiming having arms made of metal which is controlled with our brain is impossible. Yet the belief drove us to get it.

I looked around the room, and found 3 red things, I was kinda worried I might not find anything red, at the beginning because they are not visible, one was in the rubbish bin, an empty packet of chips, the other was behind my head, couldn't see it, a bottle with a small red logo, and I had two IT books hidden from my view.

Very interesting.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thought is possible, when we believe it is possible we pursue it and get.

this is my point

Something which is impossible can't come to our thought, therefore to us, impossibility doesn't exist.

I can imagine having the ability to walk through walls and fly down to the smallest detail, i can go inside my mind and make it as lucid as a normal day so much so that i actually feel what it would be like to physicaly fly. So if i can believe that should i be able to do it?

I can imagine some arrogant foul in the past claiming having arms made of metal which is controlled with our brain is impossible. Yet the belief drove us to get it.

What device is this? I might be being slow here but im unaware of anything controlled purely by our brains, I know we can target objects with eye targeting systems but not so sure about thought controlled arms yet.

I looked around the room, and found 3 red things, I was kinda worried I might not find anything red, at the beginning because they are not visible, one was in the rubbish bin, an empty packet of chips, the other was behind my head, couldn't see it, a bottle with a small red logo, and I had two IT books hidden from my view.

Very interesting.

and how many green objects did you see when you first looked

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

What device is this? I might be being slow here but im unaware of anything controlled purely by our brains, I know we can target objects with eye targeting systems but not so sure about thought controlled arms yet.

Artificial arms, it is connected to our nerves, and controlled with our brain, just like a normal arm.

scientists at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago described a procedure to surgically transplant nerves from the shoulder to the upper-chest muscle of a woman who had lost her arm in a motorcycle accident. The rerouted nerves then grew into the muscle, which amplified the messages once sent to muscles in the arm and hand; those signals are read by sensors on the prosthetic limb and translated into movement.

www.technologyreview.com...

This is nothing, this is the current technology, the future technology I can imagine which could evolve through this one would be control of specially designed objects with our brain, from far distance.

If we can control metal through our brain by signals, which are sent through nerves, we can do it without nerves, hence wireless.

I can't wait till that day comes

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

yeah well technically thats connected to the nervous system and not controled by thought alone,

Good luck with your thread , like i said you cant lose. If you ever need work you should try scientology they use this all time

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Man there are some jerks running around here easy guys. Actually there is tons of evidence showing that either deep concentration or mass concentration changes probabilities. Look up the Global Coherant Project. I also saw a show on the science channel a few years ago and they described how experiments were carried out that showed very clearly that computers with dice spinning and slot machines were being manipulated by people locally and even in other countries. It was amazing. The funny thing is that what if this works with things like the christians coming, 2012, WWIII, or Destruction of the US. Any thing is possible and science can show us that. Do your research people. SF

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Hopefully you don't make conclusion based on a Movie designed and produced for kids.

It's from a book.

Whether you believe that to be the case or not.

C Wot I Dud Thar?

-m0r

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Not long ago close minded individuals such as you claimed it was impossible to watch the world through a box

By the way, did you read the book first, or watch the movie?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Book first. I rarely watch anything cinematic or from television.

Not long ago close minded individuals such as you claimed it was impossible to watch the world through a box

I can't speak for those individuals who you claim hold a similar mindset to my own however I can tell you for a fact that leaving the cave with the shadow puppets on the wall and experiencing the outside world is a real eye-opener.

I'd recommend you try it before you slate it

-m0r

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

You reading books for such a widely available movie gives us hints of your age, I would prefer watching the movie, much more entertaining.

You went from cave to outside, I came from outside to the cave, I enjoy the cave as much as outside.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The collective consciousness of the Planet needs to direct it's attention at raising the frequency of the planet RIGHT NOW! How do we do that? Positive, benevolent action, thought and deed. Meditation. Create a burning desire for spiritual advancement toward becoming ONE with everything. Get ready for graduation people! If disclosure does happen, they may be wolves in sheeps clothing. Discern for yourself, listen to your intuition. Feeling any unatural feeling may indicate a psychic manipulation. Discern. You can't tell a book by it's cover. Discern with that divine in you, the divine that's in all of us.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join