It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want Free Energy?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

I'd like a higher volume on this too, try using headphones, it improves things a bit.

Here's what's being said;

Hugh Deasy, BA, MSc, PhD.

"Well, I'm a physicist by training, in Trinity college Dublin, and dabbled in pursuit of advanced studies. And went on to being satellite controller at the European Space operations center in Germany".

Craig Coates, Electronics Engineer.

"My background originally was in electronics. I went to college as an electronics technician, and i worked for IBM, (sounds like) Orman and quite a few other big, leading electronics manufacturers".

Phil Watson, BEng, CEng, MIEI.

"I am a chartered electronics engineer, I have graduated and got qualified from both Kevin street (Dublin Institute of Technology) and Cork Institute of Technology"

Hugh Deasy, BA, MSc, PhD. (second appearance on screen)

"We saw 308 (% efficiency) i think at the time wasn't it? (talking to someone off camera) Was it?..306..about 308, which was partly comparable to what i had gotten earlier, about 320. Which pleased us".

Craig Coates, Electronics Engineer. (second appearance on screen)

"We..managed to squeeze 300% out of a toroid..ah..a gain of 300%. Erm..it's quite difficult to say that..but it was 300% that came out of..nowhere really. Then measuring it, and checking and rechecking our data, to make sure we hadn't made any silly mistakes..yeah, the gain was definitely there."

Phil Watson, BEng, CEng, MIEI. (second appearance on screen)

"The gain is so far out of the measurement area, erm..that ah..it will definitely stand over this one". (?)

Hugh Deasy, BA, MSc, PhD. (third appearance on screen)

"Well, i think the fact that they'll get immediate results means we gotta really start thinking, you know, how am i going to use this? What is the application? And we'll really go for that end of it, and i can see a range of plans developed there, for how these boards are going to be used."

Craig Coates, Electronics Engineer. (third appearance on screen)

"The gain is there, and it has to be looked at, you can't dismiss it out of hand. We're not talking silly figures like 101% or 102% overunity, we're talking 200%, 300%, 400%."

Phil Watson, BEng, CEng, MIEI. (third appearance on screen)

"The potential for the 'Orbo' is phenomenal, but it needs the development behind it, it needs somebody to get it by the scruff of the neck, and to just..just develop it into a product."

Craig Coates, Electronics Engineer. (fourth appearance on screen)

"It's there..(shrugs)..it's there! Even before i had your lovely board, i played about with my own home made ones, and i knew it was there, i could 'smell' it was there, i could 'smell' it..the gains. But now..well, measuring it properly in a lab type environment, it's definitely there."

Test and evaluation boards to be released this month...not sure if that's only to signed up SKDB members or the general public at large.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

No. You don't understand. You have your head in the sand. The testing thing has done its rounds, and the disinformation artists have succeeded in proving it is "impossible" with bogus claims.

Any real progress will be done by reexamining the laws we consider to be absolute.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Out of all those people, regarding the ones who tell the truth (if there are any), have no idea how or why. That is the reason their claims are not taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
It is really disappointing, out of all the people in this thread, only one person, spikey, has shown the kind of attitude I'm looking for. Only one person seems to have any actual enthusiasm for testing.
And I think you explained why:

I'm still waiting for Steorn to do something with a WOW factor. Like have a free energy unit powering a car or a house, something like that.
That's what we all expect to see if someone wants us to pay any attention. Selling experimenters kits like Bedini does is not impressive. Powering a house would be impressive.

In the meantime, I think teslaandlyne has a point:

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
I do believe the only the only way to get free energy is from the Sun.
Even if solar panels are only 30% efficient, it's still better than burning fossil fuels in the long run as the sunshine will last much longer than our coal and oil reserves.
edit on 4-10-2010 by Arbitrageur because: fix typo

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

The way i see it is like this;

Human beings have an 'arrogance of the present' intellectual affliction.

It's based on the obviously incorrect assumption, that present day human beings know all there is to know, all there is ever going to be to know about our physical surroundings.

This cannot be true, and is regularly proven to be a falsehood and naive point of view. As new scientific discoveries occur, so rises our acquisition of greater knowledge, which will always and inevitably supercede older and more incomplete versions of what our beliefs are of the physical presently.

The problems to advancements arise, when arrogance of those educated in the knowledge that will be superceded fights tooth and nail to hang onto what they have been taught, to the point of suffering from 'arrogance of the present', and refusing to see the obvious point, that we do not know all there is to know.

If we think of human scientific knowledge and understanding as a jigsaw puzzle, we have an perpetually incomplete and unfinished puzzle, or at least the pieces of the puzzle are not in the correct order to complete the picture. The problem is, the 'arrogance of the present' causes people to think the puzzle is fine and the picture looks great.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Human beings didn't understand how the sun worked until recently...we still suffered sunburn long before we understood why..we don't have to necessarily understand a function to know that it works or has an effect. The function is there, independent of human understanding.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

The earth if radiating with infinite forms of energy just waiting to be used in all ranges of technology.

We can burn trees, we can burn oil, we can capture wind, solar, heat, waves.

These are all relatively low tech solutions compared to magnetism if you ask me.

The big argument appears to be it doesnt generate its own power to start, so what, human beings can be that starting power, even if we just have to ride a bike for 20 seconds to get the initial charge going, if the planets magnetic field continues to spin those magnets indefinitely or even if its just for a short period of time that is an invention that could change the world for the better.

no force is forever, but to be honest the idea of using the magnetic field of this planet for our benefit seems like a great idea, even if we can't apply it to our most dire situations.

Im not a physics buff, but I can envision large magnets spinning small motors for trivial purposes to start with, and I think we are going to see a broad range of new technologies form from this.

I'm amazed at all the folks who read, listen, learn from other peoples experience and then use that knowledge to destroy peoples attempts at changing the paradigm.

Sorry folks, your professors and books didnt know everything and until we experiment for ourselves with old ideas tinged with new ideas we are going to keep burning oil.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I too would like to see these units powering something like a car or a house etc. but we have to remember Steorn has always said it is not in the development business. It has always made clear that it want to license the technology to a proper development company (companies) to see it developed further and integrated into useful products.

Hopefully this is in the works.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
This is the latest video from Steorn, the Irish technology company working on it's discovery of an overunity system

Ah yes, the Orbo - proven not to work as Steorn claimed, remember the Jury that Steorn SELECTED THEMSELVES?:
boingboing.net...

" The Orbo doesn't work, reports a jury of scientists and engineers selected by perpetual motion company Steorn to analyze its technology.

Twenty-two independent scientists and engineers were selected by Steorn to form this jury. It has for the past two years examined evidence presented by the company. The unanimous verdict of the Jury is that Steorn's attempts to demonstrate the claim have not shown the production of energy. The jury is therefore ceasing work."

Now they claim that they have a solid state version that works, they ignore the fact that they lied about the Orbo worked as overunity....
edit on 4/10/10 by dereks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Are you suggesting the people in the video are liars or incompetents? It has to be one or the other.

Which one is it?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by dereks

Are you suggesting the people in the video are liars or incompetents? It has to be one or the other.

Which one is it?
I don't know if it's either, I heard them talking about "gain" I have an amplifier with a gain of over 300% so circuits with a gain of 300% are common. That's all I heard them say in the video.

So I can say the output is over 300% greater than the input. However what I didn't mention is that input is not the only input, so you could videotape me talking about a 300% gain too and be competent and not lying. However it may be an incomplete or edited claim.

There's no extraordinary claim in that video.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Which one is it?
It's probably a ratio of both, with some psychological disorders thrown in, too.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I see your point Arbitrageur,

But when Craig Coates said this;

Craig Coates, Electronics Engineer. (second appearance on screen)

"We..managed to squeeze 300% out of a toroid..ah..a gain of 300%. Erm..it's quite difficult to say that..but it was 300% that came out of..nowhere really. Then measuring it, and checking and rechecking our data, to make sure we hadn't made any silly mistakes..yeah, the gain was definitely there."

How can you seriously think he could possibly be talking about increasing the input power, to see a gain?

Why would that be a difficult thing for an electronics engineer to admit?
Why would he check and recheck the data, if it was simply a case of increasing input energy to achieve the 300+% gains they are speaking of?

And surely, a qualified EE would know if they increased the input energy to realize a 300+% gain, where the energy came from, and would not state that the gains appeared to come from nowhere..would he?

edit on 4/10/2010 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

A big problem with solar panels is it takes alot of energy to make them.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
No. You don't understand. You have your head in the sand. The testing thing has done its rounds, and the disinformation artists have succeeded in proving it is "impossible" with bogus claims.

What are you saying? Bedini is a "disinfo artist"?

I do not agree. I think the technology is already proven. The disinfo artists are the ones who are saying it's impossible and it hasn't been proven, when it already has.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for Steorn to do something with a WOW factor. Like have a free energy unit powering a car or a house, something like that.

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
That's what we all expect to see if someone wants us to pay any attention. Selling experimenters kits like Bedini does is not impressive. Powering a house would be impressive.

The "experimenters kits" can be modded to power a house. (Or a car, or whatever)

I think Bedini and Friedrich are just being very careful. If they market it as "HOME FREE ENERGY SYSTEM, UNPLUG FROM THE GRID!" or "PERPETUAL MOTION SYSTEM" they get all kinds of heat coming down on them.

If they market it as just an "experimenter's kit", they can get away with a lot more.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

How can you seriously think he could possibly be talking about increasing the input power, to see a gain?

Why would that be a difficult thing for an electronics engineer to admit?
I think they set a trap and you're falling into it.

That video was carefully edited. They don't really say enough of anything to put what they are really claiming in context.

On the one hand it's supposed to make us think they've discovered something new and amazing, and I agree with you those comments are suggestive of that. But when you really analyze what is said, they really don't make any great claims.

I think it's vague enough to keep them out of jail if they get sued or charged with fraud, but suggestive enough to lure some people into buying their stuff. It's kind of clever actually.
edit on 4-10-2010 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I too would like to see these units powering something like a car or a house etc. but we have to remember Steorn has always said it is not in the development business. It has always made clear that it want to license the technology to a proper development company (companies) to see it developed further and integrated into useful products.

Hopefully this is in the works.

Surely powering a house as proof of concept would instil far more faith in potential licensees than some ropey "web stream" of the supposed technology in action?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

This guy seems pretty close to having a unit power his house:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

What are you saying? Bedini is a "disinfo artist"?

That is exactly what I am saying. And most if not the rest.

I think the technology is already proven.

By Tesla. And Marconi. For a few. The first invented terms and concepts we cannot unravel with our current understanding (ha! pun!) and the second locked the door.

The disinfo artists are the ones who are saying it's impossible and it hasn't been proven, when it already has.

No, the disinfo artists claim it is possible without a complete theory, which is hit and miss. They will keep others searching without ever knowing the truth. The red herrings. The ones who claim it is impossible are debunkers. And you are caught in the middle.
edit on 10/4/2010 by Matyas because: Replaced [ with [ in first line of quote. This is really important everyone knows.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join