It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if ghosts create cold spots, then how do they show up as a heat signature on infrared cameras?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
As simple as that. That's my question. I just want people to take all this ghost hunting seriously. Its people that fabricate evidence and lie to the public for ratings and fame that slow down the scientific process. Paranormal researchers need to take it seriously as a science and not just emulate what they see on television. As far as I'm concerned, there has yet to be proof positive of the existance of ghosts.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh god.....

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
They pull in the energy and use the it to manifest themselves and thus create a "cold spot" where there is less heat. just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
For a ghost to manifest, it has to draw in energy from somewhere, and heat is energy. Drawing that heat energy out of the environment leaves a cold spot. Cameras and other equipment malfunction for the same reason.

Oh, someone beat me to it

edit on 28/9/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Most of the "ghost" heat signatures on ghost shows are latent heat signatures.

For example, if I put my hand on the wall, then remove it...for a short time, with a thermal camera, my handprint will still be there, as it's warmer than the wall.

It's great for tv, but a kick in the head to science....

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Might depend on the mood of the ghost.

If he's ANGRY then it would appear as being warmer.

If it's frightened (remember ghosts were once people) then it might appear as being cold.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLightRain
As simple as that. That's my question. I just want people to take all this ghost hunting seriously. Its people that fabricate evidence and lie to the public for ratings and fame that slow down the scientific process. Paranormal researchers need to take it seriously as a science and not just emulate what they see on television. As far as I'm concerned, there has yet to be proof positive of the existance of ghosts.

Who has proven they create cold spots or that they produce a heat signature? Nobody. Ask yourself this; to pass through a wall a ghost would have to be pure energy right? So why don't they just fall downward? Ahhh they have some sort of mass right? THen how do they pass through walls? Best answer, they are behind a hin dimensional veil. They can see things in our realm but these things don't exist in their room so they seem to pass through them.

So how do they affect things in our realm? Consumption of energy to the point they can penetrate the veil and in their realm where they have mass they come to ours and throw a book or whatever. Or there is a hole in the veil where they can pass through.

Some strong spirits and demons can consume the enrgy of other spirits, the living and perhaps the environment. But energy travels the path of least resistance so they would be absorbing from a high energy source not air. I think some can affect temperature but I haven't found any level of consistency where I can say that they all leave cold spots. The same goes for thermal. We've seen apparitions that don't give off a real heat signature and appear at room temp. We've seen some that do give a thermal reading. But more often than not cold spots are a draft or an equipment malfunction. Thermal hits are most often reflections, animals, other researchers, or residual heat form someone leaning on something.

The only acceptable way to gather evidence is in a thoroughly conttrolled and inspected environment which is sealed and has unbroken consistent camera coverage from multiple points. Evp's are all crap. Radio, tv, cell signals, white noise matrixing, cb's.... Disembodied voices in a controlled environment when heard by multiple investigators and caught on multiple audio sources and not having to be manipulated to produce a clearly audible voice. Acceptable visual evidence in the same environment, multiple eyewitnesses, multiple video captures as well as stills. When you couple those types of evidence with geiger counters, thermometers, trifield meters, thermal cameras... Then you have something. But it can't be a one shot deal. THis has to be done on multiple ghosts with consistent reproductions of results.

The tv shows except for the NGC one are crap. All have been caught hoaxing and none utilize any real science. And paranormal state passing off a prayer of deliverance as an exorcism is horrible. If you want to see how to properly conduct an investigation then u2u me and make a rip to Nawlins.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Evp's are all crap

Okay, you have some very interesting information, until this. Even after this.
But this? Now, now. All EVP's can't possibly be crap.
Take it back. lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
thermal detector use a simple method its called thermic refraction
it measure the difference between the room temperature and a located area temperature in the room ...duh

to make it simple, it detect the variation of temps in the room
so if your ghost create a cold area /hot area in the room, the thermal detector is able to catch the variations of temps

so now could someone please close that thread

edit on 28-9-2010 by OTTOKARMA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Ghost shows on television are not even anywhere near the realm of truth.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OTTOKARMA

Wow. Why so condescending? So, you are an expert in ghosts huh? What are they made of? "Energy" is too vague. There are only three kinds of energy. Kenetic, potential and rest. Which one would a ghost fall under?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

This is what I'm getting at.everybody just blindly believes that this cold spot/heat signature thing is absolutely true. I'm not sure if this is another fabrication trying to make people sound like they know what they are talking about. Truthfully, there is no real evidence. No real proof. Zero. I'm starting to believe people just want it to be true because it adds a bit of mystery to life. Do people just want it to happen? Or did someone make it happen?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueLightRain

beside of flagging me as a foe, use your brain cell before.
on Google you can find the the complete manual for thermal detectors and of course it perfectly explain how it work
your childish foe flagging can take the door with you, have a nice day

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueLightRain

Wow. Why so condescending? So, you are an expert in ghosts huh? What are they made of? "Energy" is too vague. There are only three kinds of energy. Kenetic, potential and rest. Which one would a ghost fall under?

You should be asking about kinds of matter, not energy.

There are two types of matter, according to E6xE6 heterotic superstring theory: ordinary matter (includes antimatter) and shadow matter, which is invisible and only interacts with ordinary matter through the force of gravity. Which exactly fits ghosts. The shadow matter universe S is a 10-d space-time sheet that is parallel to the 10-d space-time sheet containing the universe O of ordinary superstrings and separated by a narrow gap extending along the 10th dimension of space predicted by M-theory, which includes heterotic superstring theory as one of its five limiting cases.
Chi, or prana, is the shadow matter equivalent of electromagnetic energy. Real ghosts act like hoovers, sucking up the prana from the shadow matter body of a nearby human (who exists in BOTH S and O simultaneously) in order to gain energy to interact with their shadow matter environment. This drainage is felt as a dropping of localised body (NOT air) temperature. The reverse effect is the heat felt when a psychic healer places his hands over the body and injects his prana into the pranic field of the ill person. In an extreme case, the heat can be sufficient to ignite materials. Unlike its electromagnetic counterpart, chi can be amplified by the will alone.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
stopped reading when i saw that BS

a psychic heale

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I like the ghost shows on TV but take it all with a grain of salt. Not familiar with the equipment they use but I did have an entity visitor and lived in a haunted flat for 2 years - the best way to believe in ghosts is to encounter them. Until this happens to you, you will aways wonder no matter what the experts say. And yes they do produce cold spots.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

So you're just going to read everything you read you sheep? Baaa baaa! Maybe you should use your brain cell and learn some critical thinking and to question what you read. If you're going to be a dip#, stay out of my threads.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If I am reading the question correctly then if your using a thermal camera then your looking for the spot on the camera that isn't registering heat thus your cold spot, and any area around that cold spot shows up as a heat signature. As I don't recall the operators of such cameras to claim ghosts to give off a heat signature but rather a cold signature. I would think they would be useful seeing as you could debunk someone being in the area recently, pinpoint drafts and rule out small animals with it. I think it's a very useful tool indeed. Now my question is are there really such thing as ghosts? I have never seen one, have felt creepped out before but never an honest ghost sighting!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
In my opinion, ghosts cannot be put in a generalized category like Coldspots.

We are dealing with entities here that transcend physical laws.

Mind you when interactions occur between us and them certain things are able to occur depending on the type of entity you are dealing with.

In my experience and teachings regarding ghosts, they are not even beings, rarely are they anything more then left over visual stimulus that has been somehow recorded by the local surroundings. IE rocks, bricks, land, objects.

You will " feel " them more then anything, they are tangible to us because we are more then a digital camera or imaging device ever will be.

Any skeptic who thinks that idea is laughable, well perhaps you should spend some time in an old dark house for a few nights alone, and tell me your senses do not attune to more then your physical surroundings.

We live in a very full universe and they want to say hello sometimes.

Blessings,

-G

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Ottokarma, you allow your ideas to be defined by your obviously limited experience. When he says psychic healer he is obviously referring to a reiki practitioner. These, or any advanced practitioner of tai chi, yoga, or similar arts are often able to project heat or chi through their hands. It is well documented and studied. The practice of accupuncture, also well studied and proven effective, consists of the Dr projecting chi through the needles in order to stimulate adequate chi flow in the individual. Most good Chinese medicine schools have pretty heavy curriculums of tai chi and qigong specifically to developed their own qi for use in this therapy for others.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join