It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution vs.Creation End of discussion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Could it be? Could the wishes of so many of our members finally be coming true?
I've done some reading on this lately. I find myself in agreement with the Idea that our belief systems
and science should never be talked about at the same time. Since God isn't going to be poked and prodded by
some lab technician. The only thing science can prove is science. That is the total futility of any discussion
debate or arguement that mixes the two. There may be many people here on ATS who already knew this or some other variable of this general idea. To them I say, WTF? you just had to let me learn for myself right?
You could have said something ! I might have listened!

Any way what I'm saying is, with this in mind ( I finally get it.) I'm announcing the end of any and
all debate that mixes science and religion on ATS. By the authority vested in me, by me, ................................................at least as far as I'm concerned.

Randyvious

I know, took me long enough right? I never said I didn't have a hard head.
Anybody up for some debate on this issue?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
We're getting no where arguing so what's the point? lol
I'm shock to see people believe in God and also evolution!
Times change and ideas change.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

We're getting no where arguing so what's the point? lol

Ya Ya they do change. Sometimes they even morph.huh Rebel?

Just greeting the sun myself,

edit on 27-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes, the whole quarrel about existence of god is totally irrelevant. I would love to see it end.

Theism or atheism should be purely personal choices, which both should be strictly unpolitized. But the sad fact is, that people see these choices affecting their wielders capability to act in certain contexts. You don't want highly religious scientist, nor do we want highly secular priests...

O what a soup this is

-v

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Lean and mean greasy machines lol.
I'm just waking up lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'll just leave these here:

"I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details." - Albert Einstein
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." - Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It has to be one thing or the other - Did the whole show start by a freak accident or chance or is there a benign higher Intelligence behind it.
True philosophy is not a doctrine - It is the coming together of minds to discuss deeper truths.
Ancient Egyptian Philosophy (Not Reigion) states - The true persuit of Science will lead one to an eventual feeling of awe at the Creation.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Then what God(s) or and Goddess is real?
All God figures are a copy of one another. There is just to much similarities.
www.usbible.com...
www.livescience.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Then what God(s) or and Goddess is real?
All God figures are a copy of one another. There is just to much similarities.
www.usbible.com...
www.livescience.com...

You mis understand what the ancient philosphy was about by thinking in terms of gods and godesses - Let me explain - The word god or godess referred to Natural Law and not to god or godess as we percieve it - It has been mis interpreted by westerners who only saw the ancients Egyptians as pagan mumbo jumbo believers.
Of course the way of true philosophy was over run by the way of religion and worship of graven images.
All mythology is is a story to explain and encode deeper truths about our human condition and is not literal.
Story telling is a way of preserving information in this instance.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Story telling really takes away from a Godly being then. Contradictions, translations and so on.
I don't believe in God because the concept with what we got now makes it seem that God could be so much more.
The books from various religions paint an ugly picture of a creator.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Evolution vs.Creation End of discussion

Let's see... you create a thread and by the very title, declare the end of the discussion. The thread is DOA.

Do you see something wrong here?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Do you see something wrong here?

As a matter of fact there is something wrong with you putting to much on anything I declare. Even secondly I believe you must of missed the line, "as far as I'm concerned". You shouldn't strain yourself looking for something to critisize.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So is this entire thread just about you coming out of the closet of ignorance?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Great reply!

Seems to me, that depends on your powers of perception.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Good to know

As I've said a million times over the years: Evolution can coexist with religion just like any other science can.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Great reply!

Seems to me, that depends on your powers of perception.

Well I'm glad there won't be any more of this evolution vs creationism nonsense.
But that just means you're going to focus alot harder on atheists, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Well I'm glad there won't be any more of this evolution vs creationism nonsense.
But that just means you're going to focus alot harder on atheists, doesn't it?

I swear, if that isn't one of the funniest damn things I've ever seen out of you chippo.

You should lighten up more often. Have I ever tried anywhere that you know of to convert anyone?
The answer is no, cause I have never done that period. You crack me up with all this worrying.
Ease up.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Here is a simple question huh is creation or evolution? But that is not the question.
That is not even the point of this tread.

The questions are what is belief, what is faith, what is a theory, and what is truth and how all these relate to each of us and society as a whole.

This discussion will not end until we humans have no one left to talk to. If it did we would no longer be human but have evolved into or had a “divine” intervention and became something else.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Ignorance arises when one becomes "for" or "against" this or that. When you hold onto belief 's you soon skew reality to suit them.

Religion, and science are simply terms meant to describe the same thing, the universe and ultimately god itself. Do not think that god is seperate from the world, in fact he is all of it.

Religion is primitive mans attempt to understand dimensions which science can still only speculate upon.

Use them if they suit you, yet "knowing" is the road to spirtual death.

Forget everything you know and let the universe reveal itself unto you, enlightment is attained through oblivion.

edit on 29-9-2010 by IntastellaBurst because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
It has to be one thing or the other - Did the whole show start by a freak accident or chance or is there a benign higher Intelligence behind it.
True philosophy is not a doctrine - It is the coming together of minds to discuss deeper truths.
Ancient Egyptian Philosophy (Not Reigion) states - The true persuit of Science will lead one to an eventual feeling of awe at the Creation.

You ask:

You mention freak accident or chance as opposed to higher benign intelligence.

Do you mean to say that freak accident or chance are agents or doers? for I am certain that you understand higher benign intelligence to be an agent.

I think you mean by freak accident and chance not as agents but as situations or events.

Pachomius

<<   2  3 >>

join