It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the US fear?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is exactly what the US fears:

"Iran is the center for bolstering security and solidarity among the Muslim countries," Suleiman said in the meeting held on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York on Friday.

english.farsnews.com...

The US fears the Iranian challenge against US influence of the region.

The influence is already growing, the Unity among the Arabs on the issue of Palestine, coincides with the Iranian position, which has already pushed the Arab opinion closer to Iran. The Arab governments are also sympathetic towards Iran, very few because of the heave American presence in the region and many American puppets to counter any challenge against US dominance, and monopoly of the region.

What do you think will happen? Lebanon now, who is next? Countries will slowly move towards Iran, because Iran plays a more moderate role, and is more balanced in regards to its foreign policy.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
As an American, the only thing I fear is my government.........
And I don't see that changing any time soon.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
As an American, the only thing I fear is my government.........
And I don't see that changing any time soon.

You fear the US government, and the US government fears a stab on its agenda of world domination.

I fear the US government also, because they can even come all the way to NZ and take me to bagram base and torture me and lock me up indefinitely. Anyone would fear such a government.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I don't think they fear that so much, as the American people. They started wars, and didn't finish them, they wasted American lives and alot of American money for no clear objective. I think they are now trying to figure out how to gracefully bow out and rethink their strategy without looking too bad (if that's possible). We could have ended both wars we are in now quickly and decisively.......if we didnt have the ROE that we have and acted like everyone else does. It seems the money is too good staying there for decades on end.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I personally think they don't fear the American people at all. I mean common, Bush is charged with War Crimes, what are the American people doing about it? Nothing, because they can't do anything, and that is exactly why they can continue doing what ever they like without any fear of consequences.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Americans don't act like they are fearful but I am here to tell you underneath all the cockyness, false self confidence, and arrogance...they are terrified.

They just dont know it....

Yet

As for Iran and the president...I actually like the guy. He has a better s*** face grin than Bush. Oh wait...Bush had a smirk

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The US fears the Iranian challenge against US influence of the region.

You've seen my previous posts and know where I stand, but I have to wonder about all this Iran stuff..

Is it real or staged?

I ask after hearing that Iran is allowing 4 major US Banks to setup in Iran...

It does make me question all the rhetoric coming from Iran,Israel and the US..

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hey, you might be right..

Everything in life is politics, you know..
And this does seem like a dominance thing- Iran is provoking the US, the US "puts its foot down"..

But America isn't alone in this, Europe is worried too about losing its grip on the middle east...

When you have an area that's so volatile, no wonder Israel is considered a strategic resource...

But it doesn't seem to me like this is going to go any further.. Iran has its allies- Syria, Hezbollah, Hamas, and recently Turkey (who got rejected from the European union and is thus throwing a fit), but that's it.. Who else is there? I don't see Lebanon going with Iran- Too much bad blood between it and Syria, and Hezbollah..

edit on 25-9-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Even if US banks are setup in Iran, it has to follow the Islamic law, hence no interests.

In that sense, how else is the BS American banks gonna make money?

“If they can work according to Iran’s banking law, they will be allowed to open branches in Tehran and other cities.”

www.vosizneias.com...

But this news seems to be kind of old:

April 18, 2009 10:29 PM

Tehran - Four American banks, including Citibank and Goldman Sachs, have applied for opening a branch in Iran, an Iranian daily has reported.

www.vosizneias.com...

Did it get accepted? Cause it says applied.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

[quote]Even if US banks are setup in Iran, it has to follow the Islamic law, hence no interests.

That is not correct..I spent many years in Malaysia and believe me, the Banks charge interest to everyone including muslims..

Yes, the applications were approved...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Malaysia is not an Islamic country.

There are Islamic banks in Malaysia, and non-Islamic banks, non-Islamic banks can't compete, hence, who would wanna borrow money, or give money to a non-Islamic bank which charges interest?

Malaysia is a federal constitutional elective monarchy. The federal head of state of Malaysia is the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, commonly referred to as the King of Malaysia. The Yang di-Pertuan Agong is elected to a five-year term among the nine hereditary Sultans of the Malay states; the other four states, which have titular Governors, do not participate in the selection.[39] The system of government in Malaysia is closely modelled on that of the Westminster parliamentary system, a legacy of British colonial rule.[12]

en.wikipedia.org...

I wouldn't give my money to a bank which gives me 2-3% per year interest, but when I'm in a bad situation and ask them for money, they charge me 20-30% interest per month.

But I can come to terms with the fact that a lot of people have been fouled.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The US government fears the citizens of the US. That is why they've spend generations misleading us, dumbing us down, appeasing us, fattening us up, and misinforming us.

Iran is just about business.

The US is the hit man. Who is paying the hit man?

That's the question to ask.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

oozyi I never worry about being proven wrong and thanks for the info, but,

do you really think these American/Israeli banks would setup shop without the conditions set so they could make a profit??

Companies do not spend vast amounts to setup overseas offshoots unless profit is gauranteed...
Thats a fact.....

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Muslims, Atheists, Arabs, Mexicans, brown people, red people, people with accents that are not British or Southern US, compassion, sense of community, gay people, not being in the spotlight, not being feared, each other, themselves, their government, education, literacy, science, thinking for a moment, introspection, bugs with more than 6 legs.

That is just what I gather from reading ATS threads though.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Exactly, it feared US citizens, my point is, that they don't fear it anymore because they have set all these obstacles to block US citizens from calling for accountability.

That being said, if the US still feared its citizens, it wouldn't have the balls to lie in front of their face and expect to get away, hence Bush.

Yes Iran is a business, but Iran can expose the corrupt government of the US, because it is independent, and doesn't allow world powers to pressure it (bully it).

Iran is the only country around the world which is calling for accountability, I mean common, who else has called for independent investigation in regards to 9/11 attacks?

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Can you post a link where it says it says there wishes have been granted by the Iranian government? Are they already in there building the banks?

I still don't have that info, the only info I found was in regards to the banks wanting to go to Iran, but it was pending for approval. Has it been approved? Are they going in, are they already building?

top topics

join