It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Delegates Walk Out Of Ahmadinejad Speech at UN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

US Walks Out Of Ahmadinejad Speech

ne ws.sky.com

Breaking News

9:27pm UK, Thursday September 23, 2010
US Walks Out Of Ahmadinejad Speech

Delegates from the US walked out of the UN during a speech by the Iranian President, after he suggested 9/11 was the work of America to save Israel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23/9/2010 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

edit on 23/9/2010 by Mirthful Me because: Title...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
OK So maybe this is the start, more to come obviously on this. Some would say he speaks the truth unfettered by the hand of the elite. Others that he is just pushing his luck!.

Either way this can;t lead to anything good, given the current climate, I am sure this will lead to further diplomatic wrangling and saber rattling.

Couple with the fact that US forces were apprehended inside Iran recently. I feel this is just a further escalation in the charade that is global geo-politics

ne ws.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23/9/2010 by JakiusFogg because: spelling

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

edit on 23/9/2010 by Mirthful Me because: Title...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
From the video that is embedded, is anyone good enough at Farsi to translate what he says. I always find the media skew and distort his words. So would be interesting to know exactly what he actually says.

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This has become entirely predictable, and isn't this the second time its happened?

The United States doing what is always does when its under pressure = ignore. In this case having the disrespect to walk out on a member of the UN.

+45 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Trouble in Little Chi
This has become entirely predictable, and isn't this the second time its happened?

The United States doing what is always does when its under pressure = ignore. In this case having the disrespect to walk out on a member of the UN.

Yes, this is the 2nd time recently that the US has walked out on Ahmadinejad. Even if they don't like what he has to say, it shows a lack of maturity and only portrays the US as unwilling to listen. It's a disgrace really.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I am sure this will lead to further diplomatic wrangling and saber rattling.

Diplomacy doesn't appear to be on Ahmadinejad's agenda, does it? I'm not sure he even knows diplomatic speech and behavior exist. Anybody knows not to go into a foreign land and be so harsh with unsubstantiated claims and accusations. He's an arse, but what do you expect from someone who denies the holocaust happened? Not surprising, really.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
From the video that is embedded, is anyone good enough at Farsi to translate what he says.

I am a little familiar with farsi, and I don't think that is the language he is speaking.
en.wikipedia.org...

As for walking out of the un assembly, I currently have no comment.

-ET

edited to add:
Question: Why weren't subtitles or a translation or interpreter provided?

Answer: Because someone did not want others to understand what was being said ??

edit on 23-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: Add Q & A speculation

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I particularly like the part where the Rep from Belgium see the to Americans leaving and quickly follows suit!! heheheh

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I am sure this will lead to further diplomatic wrangling and saber rattling.

Diplomacy doesn't appear to be on Ahmadinejad's agenda, does it? I'm not sure he even knows diplomatic speech and behavior exist. Anybody knows not to go into a foreign land and be so harsh with unsubstantiated claims and accusations. He's an arse, but what do you expect from someone who denies the holocaust happened? Not surprising, really.

One cannot help but think of Iraq when that is read .

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Trouble in Little Chi

respect uhh its iran ?

they respect no one and are promoters of terror and or just bein an ass..le cause i know i know america is the terrorist

this whole world is fd and i gurantee that iran takes over iraq the day we are finally out watch and see

edit on 23-9-2010 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Well I do, Is it not double standards, when the US makes speeches, everyone is expected to stay put. But no when the Leader of Iran makes a speech, the US Walks out. Nothing like being a big bully who has had his nose bloodied.

Pathetic really.

Isn't Ahamdinejad, stating what, Citizens in America thinks, that the US Government were involved in the 9/11 attacks. At least he has the balls to stand up to the US and make such accusations.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

No doubt he is an arse, and very abrasive, some discount him as just stark raving mad, however I feel that there is a level of shrewdness in his actions, that warrants close watch. Plus I have seen it live on CNN during a previous speech where they took exactly 30 second to misquote and para-phrase his words.

I am just interested to know exactly what was said that made them get up and walk out, which doesn;t come from the hands of the Murdoch editorial team.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Breaking News 9:56pm UK, Thursday September 23, 2010 US Fury At Ahmadinejad's 9/11 Speech * Share * * o Share * Katie Cassidy, Sky News Online Delegates from the US walked out of the UN during a speech by the Iranian President, after he suggested 9/11 was the work of America to save Israel. In his address to the General Assembly, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said some of the world had questions about the 2001 attacks. The Americans left the auditorium after he suggested "most people" believe 9/11 was the work of a terrorist group backed by the US government. He said there was a theory "that some segments within the US government orchestrated the attack to reverse the declining American economy... and also to save the Zionist regime

Source Sk y News

More on this now: I am more certain that ever that M.A. is now an ATS member and has been reading the 9/11 forum. This really could be lifted straight from this site.

If this is actually what he said. he is stating truth. that people including in the US DO believe this. Surely this is no reason to get up and leave!!

I;m confused.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Not everybody buys in to the "truther movement".
The man is a loose cannon. I don't see it as testicular fortitude, I see it as utter stupidity. I have much fondness and respect for the people of Iran, but not for their leader. He's way out of place trying to participate in world politics. He is doing the country of Iran a disservice in his representation of them.

Had I been there, I would have left also. In no way would I have felt obligated to sit there and tolerate being bombarded with his offensiveness and the repeating of an idea which amounts to no more than gossip at this point.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Oh! Ain't this a shame that US delegates show so much disrespect to a man so many here on ATS beleives to be a man of peace.

The real question of the entire matter is how in the world was he allowed to come to the United States in the first place? He's made his anti-Western and anti-Israel sentiments known to the world, yet it seems that the present administration embraces him. I don't care what Hillary of Obama says. Behind their charade, they love this guy.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Ahhh well you have me there. I could have sworn that the official language of Iran was Farsi. Oh well live and learn.

But anyway, does anyone have any idea what he actually said.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wasn't Obama's pledge to run an administration that would speak and listen to the country's enemies?

Ironic, isn't it, how much like the Bush administration Obama governs.

edit on 23-9-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have to wonder....why did the US show up for his speech at all? I mean, we all knew they were going to walk out on him just like they did last time. So it must have been for show. STAGED...for the media

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
In their own ways, Hitler and Stalin were Genius. but it did not stop them from being cruel evil murdering scum! The same I think applies here. He may be a loose cannon, he may be a radical. But it seems that he is one of the few that operate outside the normal spectrum of politics.

Just because you don't agree with someones view point it only means that you ignore and discount them at your peril.

The maxim holds true. Always overestimate your enemy.

As for being a man of peace. I am not sure about that, the evidence suggests not. However, as a head of state, could this not be a window in to the diplomatic world of secrecy that most here struggle in vain to interpret and see into. But it is discounted by the MSM and sheeple as the ramblings as an anti west nutter.

A good source is a good source. Not matter how bad his hair style.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Hmms and what is Obama doing for his country?

Can you not the Hyprocasy of it all?

Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize, ums is that not a joke or something, he will not even hear his enemies out. Who is sailing who's country down the river here?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join