It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay isnt natural

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Sorry I havent read through the 32 pages of comments but I wanted to add my two cents anyway.

The OP fear is that for some reason ALL of humanity might decide to turn gay or over time every one will become gay eventually. That is akin to saying homosexuality is like a virus that will infect every one over time. This is a rediculus conclusion. Now I am no expert but I believe sexual preferance (as well as every other personal preferance) is caused by a multitude of random factors from society, brain chemestry, genes and other variables. For all these variables to all of a sudden make every one gay would be as impossible as it raining elefants. There will ALWAYS be homosexual people, just as there will ALWAYS be straight people. There is no rational argument you can make against homosexuality beyond ignorance or personal bias.

Some people are gay...get over it.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by shyster55

I don't see it is a 'choice' per se as to whether a child/young adult 'accepts' gay and lesbian individuals. At that age, children are learning and developing from the reactions of those around them, therefore, by saying that you don't think children should be taught that it's 'acceptable' to be gay, you are imparting your intolerance upon them in the same way that you protest to others showing their acceptance of diverse families.

Also, you seem to be missing the point that there are plenty of single-parent families out there who only have one gender role model, yet you don't mention this. It appears that you are in fact doing the exact same thing which you condemn in more liberally minded individuals who promote inclusion and acceptance as opposed to bigotary and isolation.

I also question your condemnation of the 'effeminate' male pupil. What is it exactly which disturbes you? It seems like you are making judgements about him based purely on the sound of his voice and his mannerisms. As a teacher I'd imagine that you know more than most not to judge a book by it's cover?

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I was raised by 4 lesbians, my mom and her partner and my grandma and her partner. I was never confused as a child. I would call my self effeminate because of the enviroment I was raised in but I am definatly straight. I always roll my eyes at people who say that a child raised by homosexual parents would turn out homosexual them selves. They are completly wrong and I am proof of that. Sure there is a chance a child might turn out homosexual if raised by homosexuals but the chance is just as high as a child raised by a straight family.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Whatever is created by nature is natural. You really shouldn't be afraid of things you don't understand

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Au contrair. And a little research would have bore this out.

Clearly it is "natural" and found in nature.
Many animals prefer their own gender for cohabitation and to live their life.

In the animal kingdom no one dictates these intimate and personal details of one individuals personal life.
No one tells them who they can and cannot love or take as a partner.

In that way, and in these inhumane and barbaric days of anger hostility and intolerance toward homosexuals, and denying them basic human rights,
these animals are truly freer and more civilized than humans.
This has to be a first. It should be entered into our biology textbooks... before it is forgotten or ignored.

I thought the motto of this website was deny ignorance? Some people unapologetically promote it by suggesting such ill informed ideas and presenting them as facts without doing a little research.
If it is found in the animal kingdom as well as humans, if it does not otherwise affect or impair cognitive and cooperative societal, life, work and functioning...It is natural.

As natural as "handedness."
Lefties are decidedly a minority but to say they are unnatural as the Church tried to do for so many years is wrong and they finally admitted it.

How many apologies is the Catholic Church going to have to render before they are finished with making their hazardous, criminal and life altering mistakes?
But I digress.
michaelscomments.wordpress.com...

A first-ever museum display, “Against Nature?,” which opened last month at the University of Oslo’s Natural History Museum in Norway, presents 51 species of animals exhibiting homosexuality. “Homosexuality has been observed in more than 1,500 species, and the phenomenon has been well described for 500 of them,” said Petter Bockman, project coordinator of the exhibition.

edit on 25-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: bolding

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by YeshuaWarrior
I follow Jesus. I believe Every word in the Bible in inspired by the Holy Spirit, in other words God Himself (Jesus).

You didnt answer my question. Do you believe in Heaven? IF you do believe in Heaven, how do you believe you will get there?

As a christian, you'll know Matthew 25:31-46, right?

So you'll know that Jesus one day separates the sheep from the goats, right?

And you'll know that the "goats" are those who did not care for those in need, right?
And you'll know that the "sheep" were those who did care for those in need.

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

Notice there is not a single word there about religion, belief, or keeping the rules.
You can be an atheist and a practicing homosexual and go to heaven, if you take care of those in need.

You can be a Christian who loves his saviour and prays continually, and works ceaselessly to spread the word, and the Lord will say to you, "depart from me, ye that work iniquity" if you have not done "the will of (his) Father which is in heaven" which, as Matthew points out, is to care for each other.

So I suggest you go and look for the log in your own eye instead of worrying about the speck of sawdust in someone else's.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You are obviously not reading(or understanding) any of the words I wrote, just in the same way you dont understand any of the bible quotes that you are quoting. Every Word in the bible is the Word of God, yes Romans too.
Also, I have never once said you get to heaven by avoiding sin. Go back and reread my previous reply posts to you.
We all dont get to the same place, not believing there is a hell, is exactly what satan wants you to believe.
Since your only here to criticize and not actual read the words I posted, I'm done replying. Peace and Gods love be with you.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am a gay man - I have a biological daughter. Being gay does not mean you don't reproduce. Many homosexuals have biological children.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by YeshuaWarrior

[

My opinion lines up with God's, who's opinion does yours fall in line with?

Would you care to answer these questions YeshuaWarrior ........?

Do you have any opinion that does not line up with `Gods` ?

If no , are these opinions manifest in your daily actions ?

And a final question ...... do these actions bring you into conflict with the State you live in ?. i.e its laws.

edit on Sat Sep 25 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed excessive === and added [more]

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

You also have not read or understand my previous posts. I have great compasion for people, for sinners, for I am a sinner also, as previously mentioned. My actions and good deeds will never get me into heaven, for any sin will keep me out of heaven. ONLY my belief in Jesus will save me and makes me in right standing with God my Father.
Are you saying I am not allowed to call sin a sin. I believe murder is a sin, I believe rape is a sin, I believe homosexuality is a sin. So, what your saying is I can not call a murderer a murder because that would offend and hurt the feelings of the murderer and therefore I need to clean the spec out of my eye? If you had read my previous posts, I have said Love the sinner, Hate the sin. I love the sinner, help and pray for the sinner(again I am a sinner). I will not ignor what I believe to be a sin. I dont know if a Christian is a Christian unless he offends people for what he believes. Jesus said we would be persecuted for our beliefs. I must be saying the right things, because I am being persecuted for my beliefs. Jesus so offended people that they crucified him. Thanks for persecuting me and further proving my point.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
why do people bring god into the arguement? first of all the only thing that god wrote for us is the ten commandments and none of them state 'thou shall not be a homosexual' and as for the bible....why doesn't anybody realise that the bible was written by man - human men and NOT god.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Please do not try and justify same sex relationships when it comes to reproduction because logically you will lose. Women cannot reproduce without the involvement of a Man and vice-versa. Fact.
Same sex relationships are based purely on sexual gratification and that is a fact.
I don't have a problem with homosexuality, male or female, what I do have a problem with is people trying to be all self righteous whenever the subject is questioned.
Males were made different to females for a reason. The male genitalia was made to "engage" with the female genitalia to ensure the continuation of the species.
When a male copulates with a female , the sole purpose is to reproduce. Nothing else.
The fact that it is an enjoyable experience is a bonus.
Now, should we wish to use the "apperatus" for sexual pleasure rather than reproductive purposes is another issue all together.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

When a male copulates with a female , the sole purpose is to reproduce. Nothing else.

really, wonder why we created the pill then...and why it is so popular????

maybe I jumped realities again....but the one I am from...there are lots of people copulating and reproduction seems to be the last thing on their mind.....if it's there at all.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

But you can't deny Homosexuality is on the rise. So in some degree it is spreading.

Well the title is wrong

Duck's Unlimited did studies on Mallards... seems 1 in 10 Mallard couples are homosexual... so that would make it natural

They did however discover that when an area was over populated that these figures increase

This one says 19%..

Mallards also have rates of male-male sexual activity that are unusually high for birds. In some cases, as many as 19% of pairs in a Mallard population are male-male homosexual. When mallards pair off with mating partners, often one or several drakes will end up "left out". This group will sometimes target an isolated female duck — chasing, pestering and pecking at her until she weakens (a phenomenon referred to by researchers as rape flight), at which point each male will take turns copulating with the female. Male Mallards will also occasionally chase other males in the same way. (In one documented case, a male Mallard copulated with another male he was chasing after it had been killed when it flew into a glass window.

www.avianweb.com...

Necrophilia among ducks ruffles research feathers

The strange case of the homosexual necrophiliac duck pushed out the boundaries of knowledge in a rather improbable way when it was recorded by Dutch researcher Kees Moeliker.

Ducks behave pretty badly, it seems. It is not so much that up to one in 10 of mallard couples are homosexual - no one would raise an eyebrow in the liberal Netherlands - but they regularly indulge in "attempted rape flights" when they pursue other ducks with a view to forcible mating. "Rape is a normal reproductive strategy in mallards," explains Mr Moeliker.

www.guardian.co.uk...

So it seems your premise in the OP title is false... it is INDEED natural

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Ghost Who Walks
Please do not try and justify same sex relationships when it comes to reproduction because logically you will lose. Women cannot reproduce without the involvement of a Man and vice-versa. Fact.
Same sex relationships are based purely on sexual gratification and that is a fact.
I don't have a problem with homosexuality, male or female, what I do have a problem with is people trying to be all self righteous whenever the subject is questioned.
Males were made different to females for a reason. The male genitalia was made to "engage" with the female genitalia to ensure the continuation of the species.
The fact that it is an enjoyable experience is a bonus.
Now, should we wish to use the "apperatus" for sexual pleasure rather than reproductive purposes is another issue all together.

In theory a woman could reproduce, through cloning, without the involvement of a man (which, in my opinion, is a more plausible reality than that of a world full of gays). We all can, and do, have sex wherein the expressed purpose is for pleasure alone and in fact reproduction is an undesirable outcome. Humans engage in sexual intercourse, whether homosexual or otherwise, to express love and to deepen an emotional bond (as a homosexual man I can assure you there's more to it than just get'n your rocks off as you suggest).

Your "facts" are simply wrong. Laughing at your own jokes doesn't make you a comedian and adding the word "fact" to the end of your own opinion does not make it factual.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKnave

I was raised by 4 lesbians, my mom and her partner and my grandma and her partner. I was never confused as a child.

That's very interesting,Knave, their is that companionship thing again.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by assasinforfather
Don't worry, this kind of behavior won't go on for another hundred years, and I agree with you completely. It is immoral and unnatural for same sex union. Have faith and seek truth! Selah!

So something that has existed in the human species since it's inception is somehow going to magically disappear in the next 100 years? Truly, your delusional state certainly MUST require medication! Either that, or I would suggest that you pull your head from the sand and become better informed. Deny Ignorance does include denying the ignorance within as well as without....

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Being Gay is against Humanity and Nature, our core objective as a species is to reproduce, to keep our species alive, there is no such thing as an immortal organism. They all die, and to continue the survival of the species they must all reproduce before they die. To keep the species stable.

It doesn't matter that Earth is overpopulated, if everyone suddenly woke up Gay Humanity would be extinct within 50 years.

People forget, we are surrounded by technology, social trends, but deep down, really we are animals, animals with basic instincts, to survive, to reproduce, for some reason our society is losing its instinct to reproduce, 1% of the UK see themselves as being Gay or Lesbian, not much, but what will the figure be like in 100 years time? 10%?

I know i have probaly offended a lot of people with this thread, i don't intend to, i just want to understand where has the instinct to reproduce with the opposite sex gone?

I am entitled to my opinions, again i mean no disrespect to Gay, Lesbian, Transexual people.

I just want to understand

Thanks

edit on 23-9-2010 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2010 by Haydn_17 because: (no reason given)

Ahem,

(..I will help you undestand - if that [the truth] is what you genuinely are after..)

1. All species that are in nature, show traits of homoerotic sexual expression. Which is a fact - not to be discussed or speculated upon.

One might ask therefor - Is it not most natural, to follow that similar trait as the rest of the animal kingdom?

2. Sexual energy is a natural thing, and sexual expression also. Due to the situation we have in our society, after inquisitions and reformations that led into a wholistic sexual denial in the human society - is it not most natural, to find outlets for this sexual energy, be they masturbation or homosexual activity (since even chimpanzees, squirrels and giraffes do that)?

3. The substance of the soul - is not discussed upon in any scientific literature - due to the fact that it is so hard for most people to grasp the idea of free will, that requires techically speaking a multidimensional soul.

There are female and male energies, in peoples souls, that manifest in multitudes of ways in their lives.

(..this will happen regardless of the gender of the body - no matter what one would want to argue - it is a fact..)

I'll put just one link, though there is plenty of literature and research, as well as videotaped data on the subject - Incase you truly are hungry for the truth - and only the truth. www.youtube.com...

Therefor, homosexuality is simply a way of making love in the nature - which is pervert to deny as part of wholesome humanhood.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

ONLY my belief in Jesus will save me and makes me in right standing with God my Father.

You have just proved you are not a follower of Jesus because he said only caring for those in need will get you into heaven. (Matthew 25)

Are you saying I am not allowed to call sin a sin. I believe murder is a sin, I believe rape is a sin, I believe homosexuality is a sin. So, what your saying is I can not call a murderer a murder because that would offend and hurt the feelings of the murderer and therefore I need to clean the spec out of my eye? If you had read my previous posts, I have said Love the sinner, Hate the sin. I love the sinner, help and pray for the sinner(again I am a sinner). I will not ignor what I believe to be a sin.

Again, you are arguing against the words of Jesus because he said to remove the log from your own eye. When you're no longer a sinner you can start throwing stones.

Thanks for persecuting me and further proving my point.

Being persecuted = having the bible quoted at you after you began haranging people about Christianity?
That sounds more typical of the devil than a Christian.
Hope that cross doesn't burn too deep.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
You can be an atheist and a practicing homosexual and go to heaven, if you take care of those in need.

Umm, the Bible says different.
John 3:36b
"and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

1Corinthians 6:9
"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders"

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join