It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns of conflict between North,South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Russia warns of conflict between North,South Korea

www.abc.net.au

Russia warned on Wednesday that "conflict" could break out any day between North and South Korea, saying tension between the two countries was at its worst in a decade.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's hard to believe any threats made by the DPRK anymore after hearing a new one on a weekly basis,but now the the Russian deputy foreign minister has come out with a dire warning.
What is the agenda for the Russian to make a statement regarding their former ally? Do they have some inside information that has come to hand or just a blind prediction ,time will tell but i wouldnt run to the hills just yet as the rumours of war have been going on for a long time.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

possible war scenarios
www.aolnews.com...

edit on 22-9-2010 by 12voltz because: because i can

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Not sure what the agenda might be here. I suppose we will have to see what happens in regard to the succession. Maybe the military will take over and they will have their 'sacred war.'

The world is a mess.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It could just be rhetoric, but then again, maybe it's not. Russia has no doubt been able to increase its surveillance capabilities over the last decade or more. What if this information is based on their observance of NATO military force positioning, satellite imagery, and other actionable intel?

Washington has sure learned the ways of deception though, that much is for sure. What if all this time the Iran situation has been intentionally thrust into the international spotlight to divert attention from a secretive planned move to take out North Korean nuclear capability instead?

After all, the concrete, known and immediate nuclear threat is from North Korea. And they are part of the "Axis of Evil."
It's not like it would be that huge a surprise.

The nuclear threat is NOT immediately from Iran- at least according to the IAEA. Iran still has a ways to go- even if they are pursuing nuclear weapons at all- which is in itself questionable. Israel is probably just playing along, guaranteed that down the road Iran will be contained as well. Their problem now is though that they've got a wide-ranging Arab-backed initiative from IAEA member states to get them to sign the NPT.

But really, we can sit here and conjecture all day long. I'd have been SLIGHTLY more concerned if those words would have come from Putin or Medvedev. It's probably nothing.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
North Korea would be insane to start a war. But we have seen them do some pretty insane things like sinking a South Korean warship just a few months ago. Its interesting how the west's response was seriously dampened because of China and the fact that Pyongyang has the bomb. But i wouldn't mind watching South Korea kick their butts for once and for all. How can we ever move forward with global safety with those clowns controlling the scariest weapon ever devised.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Russia are just trying to deflect attention away from their Arctic land grab campaign. If everyone focuses on Korea, then maybe no one will notice when they move in and start drilling for oil.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is a warning from Russia, Russia would not say this if it were not true. Russia is a player behind the whole Iran/NK stunts as they want what we are controlling in the middle east just like China. They need to shut up lil Kim before he does something stupid to justify a nuclear strike by the U.S.. Soon as someone strikes Iran, NK will attack something to distract the U.S.

Things will get very bad for the U.S.,Israel and some willing NATO countries if Obama does not start making Reagan like moves to insure that everyone knows if we are attacked in any way the response will be harsh to say the least. Selling Israel and South Korea some F-117 stealth fighters should make that statement loud and clear.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
Russia are just trying to deflect attention away from their Arctic land grab campaign. If everyone focuses on Korea, then maybe no one will notice when they move in and start drilling for oil.

I highly doubt it. The Russians are pretty open about their Arctic concerns and they WANT the focus on it so they can take it...but hopefully they won't. As a Canadian I think it's rightfully ours, but that's another topic.

As for this piece of news, I don't know what to make of it. I personally believe it's all rhetoric and we have nothing to worry about, however there's always a chance Kimmy might do something crazy.

Is this news article confirmed though? I don't see much of it online. And I remember there was a Russian report that it was NK that torpedoed Deepwater Horizon and I didn't really think that was too credible.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
NK is changing their leadership... They'd be, more then, crazy to attack the South now.

top topics

join