It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vatican Says It Would Baptise An Ailen!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I know i know, it sounds like something from a tabloid newspaper, but i read in the Guardian today a UK Broadsheet paper that reported on an interview with a high up Vatican official that an ET would be baptised into the Catholic faith! Full article below

Vatican Welcomes Ailen Baptism !

But has noone considered the fact that ailens might have belief systems of their own and that in fact they may very well be closer to understanding God than we are right now? Anyhow i thought i would share this with you. Would be interested in your thoughts on this.

Oh and i think this is another indication that Disclosure is comming. On two counts that firstly this is even being announced by the Vatican and secondly a well respected broadsheet is publishing this story seriously and is not making fun of the issue.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Nothing has been "announced by the Vatican".

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yeah I can't find where the Vatican backs that statement. It was an off the cuff comment from a Vatican astronomer.

Brings up a point though. Did Jesus die for humanity's sins or for the sins of all life in the universe? Not sure how his salvation would work for some alien.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
SO, if the Vatican would baptize a soul that isn't human (i.e., alien soul). Then why are the souls on Earth limited to humans? Maybe I'm wrong, but they don't baptize dogs do they?

Just sayin'

edit on 17-9-2010 by Aggie Man because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If aliens are as advanced as I hope they are then to be baptized by any organized religion would be unnecessary.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Everything is just fine over there at the Vatican. There's no whispers at all in it's halls about aliens.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

The Vatican Says It Would Baptise An Ailen!

And why not? As long as they give generously at collection time so the Pope and his cohorts can maintain their luxury lifestyle..

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
But what will they do if the aliens are allergic to water, like in the movie "Signs?"

Perhaps they could bless some other liquid - Holy hydrogen peroxide?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
MOD--

Where is my post?
It showed up on the New Posts lists, but it is not on this page.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
LOL I'm sorry but that title is funny as.. well um...sounds like "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse"

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If Aliens come to Earth, I am getting baptised by them!

Sheesh

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Originally posted by kinglizard
Brings up a point though. Did Jesus die for humanity's sins or for the sins of all life in the universe? Not sure how his salvation would work for some alien.

Good question. Reminds me of a short story by Ray Bradbury called "The Man"...

A group of space explorers land on a planet to find the population living in a healthy state of bliss. Upon investigation, they discover that an enigmatic visitor came to them. Further description leads the two spacemen to believe that this man is Jesus (though he is never named, leaving room for other religious personas). One decides to spend the rest of his days on the rejoicing in the wake of the man's glory. The other continues in his spaceship, "chasing 'him' always a step behind, never fast enough to catch up to him, constantly trying to achieve the unachievable." Other members of the crew decide to stay on the planet to learn from the contented citizens, and are rewarded by the discovery that "he" is still on the planet.
source

I don't know the real answer, but I kinda dig his take on it.

-TheAssoc.

edit on 17-9-2010 by TheAssociate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I know i know, it sounds like something from a tabloid newspaper, but i read in the Guardian today a UK Broadsheet paper that reported on an interview with a high up Vatican official that an ET would be baptised into the Catholic faith!

Such an event would require a creature with the intellect of Gomer Pile. Why else would any alien want to join a self-destructive cult on earth?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I guess I am just an idiot because something like this shows clear and blatant writing on the wall to me about the vatican...I guess it is just me....

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Of course the Pope would be down for baptizing an alien.

He IS an alien.

Why do you think he needs such an enormous hat?

top topics

join