It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members Unofficial Meet Up @ Universal Orlando

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hi All

Are there any ATS members interested in a group meet up at the Universal Theme Parks in Orlando? I thought it would be a great locale for us, lol. It's for kids of all ages, I'm 49 and theme parks are still my favorite getaway. I'm going October 3rd and leaving on the 9th, which gives plenty of time for Universal and maybe Epcot too. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter just opened this summer and sounds incredible, lots of nightlife also. Haunted House season has started and I believe they are opening a scary fright night area. Any takers? I'm not a weirdo or anything like that and this offer is for other non weirdos only, a little bent is okay and encouraged.
Soooo if you're 21 to 100 and ATS proud put Orlando on your calendar and lets go for it. U2U me for info,

STM

edit on 9/16/2010 by seentoomuch because: bad grammar

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I live in next to Orlando between Kissimmee and Davenport literally off of I-4.
I would go to the theme parks but I'd have to bring my compadre (for she is the free ticket in)
and she doesn't know half the things I know and will most likely go off topic trying to
relate everything to the Jobros or her horse. Do you know a place named Old Town in Kissimmee?
It's 2 streets or so from International Drive (where the Ripley's house is, famous nightclubs, and Wonderworks)
I can probably meet up at Old Town at the club during the day (if I don't have class at the college.)
You probably won't notice me if you go because I'm just a kid (19) but I've known about almost every
conspiracy in the book since I was 10, and researched through fact and fiction when I was 12.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hi Snap

Re: Old Town, okay, I'll u2u u just before I leave Austin for more details. Its good to meet someone so up on all the conspiracies. Ufos are my favorite subject along with astral travel and consciousness studies ie other dimensions, alternative worlds, etc. Looking at your past threads I think we would have a good amount to brainstorm on. I'm looking forward to meeting you, if and only if it doesn't clash with your class schedule like you said. It'd be great to get a group together, are there many ATS members in your area? Maybe we should u2u them?

STM

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The group Meet-up.com is being utilized by the Department of Homeland Security. In many cases agents of DHS are psychiatrists and psycholoigists that have been contracted to infiltrate all groups and help build files on U.S. citizens. THIS IS GOING ON IN VIRGINIA.
I am part of one of their "eperiments". They are practicing their craft on anyone of interest.(I guess I'm too curious for my own good.) Many of these same doctors are involved in torture and interrogation of non-citizens as well.
I don't care if I live or die. I know that they can see eactly who posted this. F%$k them!
One of their heartless bitch agents has destroyed my life. They may as well finish the job.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AAGabriel777

So sorry to hear about your problems.

I am very curious how the agent ruined your life.

Hope I'm not asking something too personal.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Have to let me know if you ever do this again, seems I missed this thread first time around.
My wife and I have annual passes to those parks, and try and go a few times a year.

The Harry Potter world there is fantastic...how did you like it?

Old Town is probably a more economical meet up place though for most. (and really is neat for those who haven't been there, some pretty eclectic shops, etc.)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hi Gazrok!

It was the best vacation I've ever had, and yeah, we want to go back again next year
We went to all the parks and at the start I had a hard time walking 8 hours a day but by the end of the week I was doing wind sprints up hill not even feeling it. All my friends go to fancy, kum by ya health spas to chant at the sunset and hike a sacred hill to find their inner child. Lol, I found mine in Orlando.

All the parks were great with the exception of the Magic Kingdom. The sidewalks with filled with little Disney Princesses throwing tantrums, stamping their little slippers wanting a diamond Mickey necklace or the complete line of Disney princess gowns. Everyone could see them getting their makeovers in the window of the Princess Salon. They were mean, mean, mean if you crossed their path, lol.

Had a good time at Epcott going around the world, hung out in London a lot. Ate fish and chips while listening to the Beatles playing in the bandstand. Had a few pints at a pub. In Morocco a young waiter tried to pick me up big time which really boosted my ego.
Shopped in the souks and bought the requisite belly dancer outfit along with some pointy slippers. Spent a lot of time at the Harry Potter World of Wizardry, by far the best exhibit in Orlando. I'm drinking coffee out of my Harry Potter mug as I write.

We met a lot of great people there, mostly from Scotland. Seems they were escaping the cold that had already hit their country, it was in the 70's in Orlando. You mentioned Old Town, is that the same as Downtown Disney? If so, we had an incredible time there but we didn't discover it until the end of the week. We wished we had gone there most evenings instead of restaurants in the city. Had dinner in a ice cave with animated dinosaurs all around us, pretty awesome. All in all, Orlando was by far the best vacation we ever had.

Yeah, let's all meet up next time. Annual passes, awesome, ya'll are so lucky!

See ya there,

STM

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Old Town is much smaller. It's pretty close to everything else in Orlando, but is really only about maybe 3 blocks long, and consists of a street with shops on each side. There's even a little laser tag place that has a small UFO crashed into the side of it (I got a pic of me by it in my ATS shirt, hehe...).

They also have a few small rides, but also have that giant slingshot ride (which is probably the easiest way to find the place). You can see it from outside the Universal area.

Some of the things I remember there:

A crystals shop
A haunted house (that was actually fun)
A weapons shop (really nice knives, swords, etc., and for reasonable prices)
An oriental shop
An old school general store
A leather shop
A magic shop (real professional grade stuff along with the lesser stuff)

So, some really eclectic shops...here's a link:

www.old-town.com...

I'm hoping to take a quick trip to the Harry Potter part of IOA this weekend...we'll see. Luckily, we've got a special deal at the resort hotels where we can make last minute reservations if needed. Depends on how my wife is feeling though.

During the grand opening, there were a LOT of guests from England there. Was pretty amazing actually, how many (and of course, added to the feel of it, hehe..)

edit on 13-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join