It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Collection Of Facebook Logins Go Public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Large Collection Of Facebook Logins Go Public

www.techeye.net

While the popular view of hackers and those behind phishing scams, at least to the general public, are ubergeeks or teams of IT conmen in far flung countries, the simple fact remains that the equivalent of the script kiddy is still around.

GFI announced today in a blog that a large collection of stolen Facebook logins had gone public. At first the company believed that blank save for the fake login was a "bland FarmVille phish."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hummm....

Check your facebook logins? What is up, dont use the same password anywhere.

While it couldn't confirm these logins were obtained via the FarmVille phish there was a good chance that many of the users on the list use the same passwords for their email accounts as their Facebook login..

www.techeye.net

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
yes, never use the same password, also don't use your real namer or put any information on your facebook. Mine is just to communicate with friends and family who don't live near me. Why would anyone put their education or work history or their real name? lol.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

Agreed, this is sad, scary, and worriesome all at once.
Yes, Virginia, there is no Santa Claus.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Truth is, all of our personal information has always been bartered, sold, used and abused, and sometimes, stolen.

Only difference is, we know about it now.

...anyone who has ever had any kind of insurance, a mortgage, credit or anything else has an industry file, worth money to the holder. And you can bet that when you applied for a mortgage, the bank's mortgage insurance company checked your medical insurance records to determine your health and ability to keep paying - and always has. And that your medical insurance company analyzes your use/uptake for early signs of chronic disease (for example) - the info goes into your industry file but not back to you - to limit your future coverage. ...and so on down the line...

On occasion, some disgruntled employee with access to those files pinches them to negotiate a better package or to secure a new job.

What's more dangerous? Some kid-hacker getting that info? Or some sociopathic executive who controls your physical well-being and financial freedom?

Are we really better off if only industry executives and file clerks know our secrets?

There is no personal privacy. Never has been.

edit on 16-9-2010 by soficrow because: clarity

edit on 16-9-2010 by soficrow because: changed word

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think people should watch that epi from South Park.. "You have 0 freinds" That is how i roll.. I dont understand having 3 million freinds and only talk to 2 if your lucky..

People tell me well i talk to bla from school from way back.. So get a email or instant messenger.. Not hard..

I think from all the negative bs in the news about fb everything people do on there and get thier data mined deserves what they get.. They have been told a million times that fb sells info down to the minor details to how many people are conservatives or whatnot..

Anyway I will never ever get a fb acct... screw that.. To the others who have face book you should look at that south park epi.. I am Stan in that episode..

Videos to see..

And
www.southparkstudios.com...

edit on 9/16/2010 by ThichHeaded because: Added a comment to something i should have added before so if I added this comment I wouldnt have added this comment to the edit comment section to comment on why I edited this comment.(Comment much?)

::EDIT AGAIN!!::
This post in ATSNN about 100 million users accounts being mined and published..
Details of 100m Facebook users collected and published

Originally posted by Extralien

Details of 100m Facebook users collected and published

www.bbc.co.uk

Personal details of 100m Facebook users have been harvested and published on the net by a security consultant.

Ron Bowles used a piece of code to scan Facebook profiles, collecting data not hidden by the user's privacy settings.

The list, which has been shared as a downloadable file, contains the URL of every searchable Facebook user's profile, their name and unique ID.

On the Pirate Bay, the world's biggest file-sharing website, the list was being distributed and downloaded by more than 1,000 users.

edit on 9/16/2010 by ThichHeaded because: I love this commented edit thingy.. It makes me so happy to edit comments to ad comments to these comments that i edit..

edit on 9/16/2010 by ThichHeaded because: Had to edited a word in the comment area.. Happen to Happy.. wtf was I thinking..

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Anyone wondering why ATS is trying to look like Facebook more and more everyday? Now we are linked to Facebook and the CIA.
They want everyone on Facebook to share their thoughts here so they know who is on their side and who is not.

I think this was the plan from the start. FYI to the owner and ATS, the site looks like you let a child loose in a winery. What an unorganized mess. I know for one, I will not be posting anymore good info here unless its a dire warning to all and I am not worried about my own personal safety.

Dump Facebook or i am out.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

How hard is it to create a fake facebook page? not hard

How hard is it to not use the same password elsewhere? not hard

How hard is it to not put your personal info out there? depends on intelligence

Its not hard at all, maybe the internet is not for everyone, especially paranoids.

I could care less. Here is my UN and PW for fb.

username is ~ [email protected]
password is ~ youmustbecrazy007

edit on 16-9-2010 by earth2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join