It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

watch this without flinching and youv got balls let alone doing it yourself.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
EFF THAT....HELL TO THE NO.

My palms are sweating...my own balls feel all funny and tingly and are hiding somewhere in my stomach area...I feel dizzy like I might fall...and I'm on solid ground.

These guys should be paid MILLIONS of dollars...if they aren't from their company they should set up a donation website...I would donate for sure.

If I HAD to do that...I would need a few items. I would need some Depends (cause I'm gonna piss myself...that's a given), I will need multiple safety lines, I will need a parachute, I will need an Angel flying next to me to catch me in case I fall, and I would need about a billion dollars waiting for me at the top. Then maybe...MAYBE...I would climb it.

It's just nuts

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

sticking with the topic.

French guys climbing crane and doing crazy stuff without protection!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

No Frickin' way man.... I would literally sh** myself

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

get aload of this, fastes rock climber without ropes.

He died, you know how?

Dan Osman died November 23, 1998 at the age of 35 after his rope failed while performing a "controlled free-fall" jump from the Leaning Tower rock

How ironic, he climbs rocks without a rope and when he does use a rope it fails on him, makes you kinda wonder.

edit on 15-9-2010 by colloredbrothers because: plus info

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Must admit that the first comment that reads:

'good job your wearing a helmet incase you fall'

is bloody hilarious too

I honestly crapped myself watching that. The guys that do that are insane!!! Bet it pays well though....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Man, I just went rocking climbing and know the feeling of 40ft and thats ALWAYS being secured.
This guy is just crazy!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

free climbing

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
That is flipping terrifying and I only watched 3 seconds from around the 1.50 mark. Feels like my chair is moving but it's not. Why do I always get this "jump and get it over with" feeling?

I've always had this fear of heights because I get the "jump" thought. Is that vertigo? Obviously heights are dangerous but so are knives but I don't sway and worry and gag when I see one. What is this fear?

I'll watch this later when my son comes home. He's actually worse than me. I might feel a tad safer while I'm laughing at his reaction.

edit on 16-9-2010 by wigit because: Crikey, just clicked play again and the film's vanished.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I like how the narrator guy says,"There's no quick way down". I'm all, what the?

This kind of thing isn't that bad once you start doing it. Just put it in your head that it's all the same after the second floor. You let go ? You die.

Credit Oz for the flag.

edit on 16-9-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I worked for 7 1/2 years for a radio group and we had a 1,000 foot tower parked right at our front door. During my time there the tower had an HD TV antennae installed at the top (that was cool!), then went thru a structural update. The dangers of tower work is not just from the climbing, hence the hard hats. Anytime we had tower work going on we had to divert anyone from coming in the front door. Tools, bolts anything falling from that height can seriously injure someone, if not kill them. The year before I started working for the company, an employee's car was damaged when a bolt fell off the tower and crashed thru his convertible top. There were even days when driving up the hill & past the tower was dangerous because of ice falling!

These guys are simply amazing. The tower workers I met, always took their jobs seriously. Also, I learned tower work was more than just a job. All of the workers I met travelled around the country doing repairs and upgrades.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't say I am scared of heights, our house is 3 stories and the roof is fun to be on.

The state of mind these guys must be in to do this shows amazing self control.

It made my stomach jump a couple of times, and I dont think I would go to the top, but would definately be up for a climb, 2 safety hooks for me though thanks, imagine how long it would take...

55 MILE view is awesome.

I wonder how cold it is up there, and how windy.

I had the opportunity to ride a crane hook up to the 5th story roof on a building site my dad was working on and that was awesome

Once I get over the initial 'weak at the knees, take deep breaths' I'm fine. I get the same feeling in a plane, but it doesn't go away until I land.

MM

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

I've always had this fear of heights because I get the "jump" thought. Is that vertigo? Obviously heights are dangerous but so are knives but I don't sway and worry and gag when I see one. What is this fear?

I have the same feeling, I think I would have a thought in my head that would tell me "let go". I know what you mean.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
F*** every bit of that! If I had the choice of being unemployed or having to do that job, I'd live in my mom's basement. WOW!

No amount of money would be worth doing that for a living, one mistake and you wont be living for very long!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow, crazy stuff! I kept thinking they were going to conclude with a base jump or something! Thanks for the thrill!
Here is another "edge of your seat" viewing excursion:
Crazy Mountain Motorcycling:

spec

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ill try to make this thread as scare and awsome as i can.

check this.

thats just really awsome how they jumped #.

edit on 16-9-2010 by colloredbrothers because: vid

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
climbing antenna and then jumping it.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
Ill try to make this thread as scare and awsome as i can.

Keep em coming! All these vids are quite awesome!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow.

I've worked in a sheet metal processing facility (exceptionally dangerous job), handled venomous reptiles for an exotic animal broker, driven a truck, been a doorman (bouncer) in a biker bar, and operated a turret lift forklift as jobs over the course of my life. And I would curl up like a little girl before I'd do any of the things in these videos.

Absolutely insane!

To be fair though, my only phobia is of extreme heights/flying so that probably explains my little girl curl up fetal ball statement!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers

sticking with the topic.

French guys climbing crane and doing crazy stuff without protection!

Not enough money in all of the entire world to make me do that. Absolutely nuckin futs. Terrifying.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

Those pull-ups were the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. I can't even imagine.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join