It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US farmer fined $5K for growing too many vegetables

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

US farmer fined $5K for growing too many vegetables

www.news.com.au

AN AMERICAN farmer was facing up to $5000 in fines after officials cited him for growing too many vegetables on his property.

According to WSB-TV in Atlanta, DeKalb County officials claim Steve Miller violated local zoning laws by growing too many crops on his land.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Too many vegetables grown on his property?

Why fine a farmer for helping to feed the local community?

Certainly good things are bad and bad things are good, according to the globalist elite.

They want to teach Steve Miller a lesson that growing more crops than the allowable limit is unacceptable.

You ever heard of the U.S. food industry being a corporate fascist enterprise, not a free market?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
now thats absurd.

though he gets some nice property tax breaks.

they should give him a break, he makes good music.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think Monsanto grows and genetically modifies too big a percent of the world's food. Fine them, and give the money to the farmers so they grow various foods naturally the way it has been grown since agriculture was first discovered. Maybe, then we'll be able to eat and drink something other than yellow corn and high fructose corn sizzrup.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
All I can say is....

Wow.

And.

I hate our government.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

i think earth should stop sending food to Clarkston Georgia altogether. no more shipments of food. period.

Clarkston, Georgia. change your stupid laws.

Where are the vegans for this outrage against eating plants' genetalia?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What does veganism have to do with growing too many vegetables?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This proves the government is out to undermine the people at every turn. PROOF.

Here we have people STARVING and homeless, and they are trying to keep farmers from growing "too much food".

Where are those "overpopulation proponents" now???

How is the world overpopulated if the government has to go STOP people from growing "too much" food?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Any read the article? He's fined for violating local ordanances, not any federal law or regulation.
He's claimed to have had his property re-zoned thus allowing him to grow said veggies.

And lol at the pilfering of plant sex organs.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Now in addition to the war on terrorism and the war on drugs, the govt is launching a war on farmers? It's unbelievable to me that any govt body can nullify a person's income by rezoning their property and dictating what they can and can't do with it. My guess is that developers want the property and he won't sell. So the developers greased the bureaucratic wheels and now this is happening. Hopefully the story will get some wings and the people responsible for this will back off to avoid anymore bad press.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by coder

Government control of food supply? No can't happen,What it has happened? John Kerry's wife must have heard this guy was Taking a bite out of her hunts income! How dare he

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Why would you need zoning crap anyway if you grow stuff? I understand that growing stuff can be done wrong but those cases should be addressed seperately. Stupid

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

There's zoning crap because the elected officials decided to organize things that way; so that areas are hopefully, intelligently grouped together: houses with houses, etc. ... and so that none of them are intermingled unnecessarily or haphazardly. It's called "community planning".

Zoning is part of what keeps BP from building a refinery next door to your house.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I just watched this story on the local news a few minutes ago and calling this guy a farmer seems to be a bit of a stretch. From what I could see he is doing this in a subdivision.

I'm all for his freedoms but I can also imagine how I'd feel about my property values if my next door neighbor converted his yard into a farm.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I just watched this story on the local news a few minutes ago and calling this guy a farmer seems to be a bit of a stretch. From what I could see he is doing this in a subdivision.

I'm all for his freedoms but I can also imagine how I'd feel about my property values if my next door neighbor converted his yard into a farm.

I was starting to think I was the only one that could tell the difference.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Yes, but, if things tank, and food would be hard to get, he would be the first person everyone would run to looking for food, even the idiots that would fine him. Instead of knocking him down, try learning something from him.

edit on 13-9-2010 by FiatLux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yeah I'd be happy too if my neighbours small farm would raise my property values. I wouldn't even mind if some branches would hang on my side or cause shadows to my side. Maybe it's different there

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

That tends to drop values around here.

edit on 9/13/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
This proves the government is out to undermine the people at every turn. PROOF.

Here we have people STARVING and homeless, and they are trying to keep farmers from growing "too much food".

Where are those "overpopulation proponents" now???

How is the world overpopulated if the government has to go STOP people from growing "too much" food?

Remember the motive of the globalist elite: To kill the useless eaters through starvation.
NWO Plans to Depopulate the Earth

Those overpopulation proponents have been heavily influenced by Malthusian crackpot ideology. It is the influencing model behind this global depopulation scheme, and they have been behind it for decades since the end of World War II.

The Backlash against the World Landgrab

County sues farmer, cites too many crops.

The Quiet Invasion of Genetically Modified Crops

edit on 14/9/2010 by ironfalcon because: Added links and images

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Things are different all over. One of my best friends lives in an upscale subdivision and cannot alter his yards landscaping without consulting his community association.

<<   2  3 >>

join