It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC's 'The Event': The secret even the President does not know

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think the people being detained are the ones who know the truth behind 9/11 and are MKULTRA research subjects. And the EVENT is the revelation that 9/11 was conducted by MKULTRA subjects.

edit on 20-9-2010 by boomadatigger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

edit on 20-9-2010 by Sf18443 because: Deleted duplicate post

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by southbridge

Welcome to ATS. I have never been a big fan of any NBC sitcoms, but I do plan to give this one a chance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I saw a pretty good spoiler site on this a few days back, and supposedly, it's about a disclosure type scenario (i.e. the people being detained are aliens (or hybrids)...). Will be neat to see if that is indeed the case.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I read very little of this thread because i don't want any spoilers. I am really looking forward to The Event this evening, and shall be watching it in a few hours. It really looks like my cup of tea, so to speak

Afterwards I will most certainly read this thread to get caught up, and share my views about this program.

[size=10]THE EVENT

what is it about?

-et

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The only thing worth getting our attention here( even to watch the show) is the “BEYOND cover up” statement.
They are clearly saying here that the event goes beyond what we would call the Illuminati or Shadow government, who is “allegedly” behind the world’s mysery.

When the preview says “the cover up is not the event”; a tv show that claims to go beyond that BETTER deliver. The attempt to mimic our present reality with all the conspiracy fever is a consequential buildup. Hollywood entertainment is playing a dangerous game here.

In what category will this fall though? Fierce marketing? Desensitizing? Programming? Disclosure in entertainment format?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

PFFT!
If it was the case, we wouldn't have even herd about the damn show, or worst yet, they wouldn't have been able to produce it.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Why is ATS promoting this show so much? The entire front page is loaded with it? Whats the deal here?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by o0?Wha?Who?o0
Why is ATS promoting this show so much? The entire front page is loaded with it? Whats the deal here?

Advertising $$$! Can you blame them? After all, they don't charge us to be members, so they got to generate $ somewhere. Also, this is a prime website to advertise this show...you know...being conspiracy related and all.

With that being said, I believe this show is getting wayyyyy over-hyped. I will read the "cliffs notes" summary tomorrow and will likely confirm my beliefs that this is simply another in the long line of crappy shows attempting to cash in on alternative topics.

I say bring back X-Files. Now, that was a good show.

P.S., For those that are watching the show.....pay close attention to who the NWO advertisers are

edit on 20-9-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Fifteen more minutes

Hey everyone,
I've been posting on ATS for 5 years. never had a pop up advertisement cover up ATS before, but the advertisement for The Event did just that, and there was no button to click on it to get rid of it

is this happening to anyone else?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
ok. so i'm watching this premier i have been looking forward to for awhile now.

an there is no sound when the president starts talking about something important.

did anyone else lose the sound for about 2 minutes?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Some straight up LOST crazy #.

edit on 20-9-2010 by o0?Wha?Who?o0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I don't know. Toward the end I had a 911 kind of feeling with the plane inevitably slamming toward the building, and then the flash had me like crazy like LOSt wtf. I don't know.
And this # was marketed towards me though?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Yes, it even tries to trick me into clicking on it. Furreal.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The premier was okay - a lot like 'Lost', but with way too much reliance on flashbacks. Will this show be another 'V'? After tonight, I have a lot of questions, so let's see where this show takes us!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow, I just watched and I am still trying to comprehend a few things that I had never thought about. If you do not frequent websites like ATS you will probably will be lost, but if you do, you will understand everything. I am kinda shocked and scratching my head. Everyone has to watch this, and pay attention to what they are saying and if you are not sure of what it means, ask one of us.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
seen it. the event is the elitist take over. elitist still may include other planet beings. I'm right.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Shouldve been a 2 hr premiere, needs better pacing, Its got potential though, and I hope they learned a thing or 2 from flash forward. Bland characters = bland show.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Spoiler, kinda, don't read bellow.
Well, if I read well between the lines and this might be better suited for an ATS conspiracy, what I gathered from this episode was that some family members of professional pilots were kidnapped by the CIA and the only way for the pilots family to live was to crash the plane in to the white house, it also has to do with the secret CIA prisons that exist and if you have been following ATS for a while, you know what I'm talking about. What was said about the prisoners I think that it also has to do with Guantanamo and what was going on with Obama. There is a mixture of conspiracies and you have to know which one is related to what is going on in the episode.

edit on 20-9-2010 by Elieser because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, I gotta tell you, I am a little disappointed with the show. I mean, it has all the earmarks of a great show, interesting topics, and a great cast. I am intrigued by the plot, but not so much that I sat through its entirety. There's just something about msm promoting something such as conspiracy theories that makes it all seem so. . .trivial. I don't know, I guess I will watch it. . .for a while. We'll see. I'm always making quick judgements about shows before I give them a chance. I actually don't like tv.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join