It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burn the Quran Day' protest: Terry Jones effigy set on fire in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

What i don't understand is this.

watch how easy they burn a mock person up..with the american flag.

and why are we suppose to care in all honest opinion about if this guy burn there book?

you burn my book i burn you and your flag and maybe your mother?
is that all islam has left?
just asking cause if so it's all pathetic.

Secondly why burn the flag?
Did America as a whole threaten to burn all the qurans? NO 1 man did.

So if you see my point here...they over react like a teenage girl told she isn't allowed to stay out past 9 pm anymore.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Burn bible's i would have said go for it...eye for a eye ..
But they go for a flag and a man..when you talk about burning a book lol

The muslim guy says if he burn the book's..it will get alot of innocent americans killed when muslims happen to see there American..
obama has even said so...
I will add this....
If he coward's down to YET ANOTHER muslim threat..which is terrorism... by that guy saying that on tv in the video..was a threat in my book.

He deserves to have his butt kicked lol
For being a coward and letting punk's tell him what he can and can not do in AMERICA..it's his country not there's in iraq or iran.

If muslims wanted to burn a bible go for it..i bet millions of them have already in there life.

In conclusion i do not see what the big deal is here.
some will burn them some will burn the other's and life will go on.

I haven't heard 1 word from Christians saying if they burn the bible they was gonna go on a killing spree like the muslim guy said on tv....if he burnt the quarn or how ever ya spell it.

well i just wanted to add my 2 cents worth to the subject ..

peace to all people..
when we die later in life i will laugh cause god was a combination of all the religions.

And you was fighting for nothing but human stupidity.
lord knows i have enough for us all in that department llol

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Thats pretty disgusting.

But what you have to remember is what the media are saying in this whole thing.

US PASTOR BURNS KORAN.

The afghans read this, and start spreading the news "The AMERICANS are burning the Koran"

It's like a game of chinese whisphers, it keeps changing as the story goes along.
What the Afghans don't realise is that the majority of Americans are against the entire idea!

The taliban use this to there advantage, they portray it how they want to.
The majority of Afghans don't have televisions, so they have to take the news by word of mouth.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

And i have to agree that Islam is the most oversensitive religion in the entire world.

You so even make a slight joke and they are out on the streets burning flags and demanding blood.

But of course NOT ALL muslims are like that.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

well i am not against it..cause as a american he has a right to do so.

But i can see there point allso somewhat.

But common dope heads in America use the bible for rolling paper... we don't stone them to death for it lol

that is where reality set's in for me.
Cause it's hard to fathom it's ok in America for us to burn the bible when we want..but if we threaten to burn a quran we all must die.

i thought whats good for the goose is good for the gander?
who knows.... logic seems to go bye bye when you deal with religion anyways.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
so because of thie A-hole. My wife who is deployed in Afghanistan has been recalled on her day off because of the constant mortar/rocket attacks that have been going on since last night and this morning... Screw this guy!!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
so because of thie A-hole. My wife who is deployed in Afghanistan has been recalled on her day off because of the constant mortar/rocket attacks that have been going on since last night and this morning... Screw this guy!!

The problem is them not him lol
Don't you see?

It's more Islamic hissy fits all it is.

We have jesus chirst superstar lol and jesus christ vampire slayer lol
But if A guy draw's a cartoon strip of muhomed or what ever his name is they behead innocent Christians for it....

So what your saying is because that guy drew a cartoon it's his fault those people died?
No it's the Islamic faith...they do the killing..

If you can't see that the media has done warped your mind my friend.
Btw i hope your wife is ok .

Btw ..i won't hold anyone's hand i tell it how i see it.. my intent is not to anger you all but to show you what i see.
We all have opinions just like we all have bumhole's we all have them

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The media isn't warping my mind.... I have been in and out of Iraq/Afghanistan since late '01. I know what these people do, how they live, what they think, etc etc. Yes it is not only his fault that this is happening. But it IS his fault for the escalation in the attacks in the recent days. Over 700 Afghanis were outside Bagram Air Base yesterday protesting this A-hole burning Qu'rans. 700!!!! They were burning bibles and torching America flags. So I am 100% sure that this is his fault because they normally do not do this sort of thing.

The religion of Islam is not a peaceful religion by any means, but not every muslim is a terrorist and wants to kill anyone that is not muslim. So by your statements it is your mind that is being warped my friend. Because not all of them are bad/terrorists that want to kill Americans.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
So wow, he made it to the big time. Don't they only burn effigies of political leaders etc? Seems thanks to the media this little guy got moved to the big stage. Just because of burning a book? Seems the muslims burned a bunch of bibles yesterday, but once again, this is o.k. Let the animals do what they want, just don't upset them. This whole episode from the beginning has shown how truely weak our administration is, and how favored these animals are over the very people Obama was elected to serve.........All in all, it's been a very eye opening experience. World leaders, religious leaders and muslims have had their collective panties in a wad over a bunch of 12th century living idots reactions to things they do on a daily basis..........simply astounding. One last thing, amazing how our media acts, and then acts totally indignant about being culpable for the very acts they report on.....these uneducated animals overseas didn't read the paper, they heard it from their friends who do read and write who saw it on CNN. The world truely is crazy.............

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
looks like they already got a jump on things, and nothing was burned...
Yep, a bunch of overly sensitive man child savages the muslims are...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I SOOOOOOOOOOO Don't care!

The hypocrites over there get all hissy over anything and then wonder why many of us think they are a bunch of morons. Screw 'em all .... the media-whore 'pastor' and the idiots burning him in effigy.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Not so sure he's as big a media whore as being portrayed......he was selected because he's an easy target Phelps and them have said they'll do it today regardless, and they have in the past....yet I don't see the government on the attack with them. I think the media was very selective about keeping him in the spotlight, no experience on the big stage and frankly seems easily swayed. Ah well, we'll see what happens I guess.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It's gotten WAY! out of hand now and become another media inspired game of playground he said/she said.

What we have on both sides of this charade is a textbook example of how the media manipulates people, there are no winners in this game except the rolling news..

The whole debarcle is like a big Glenn Beck teardrop, it's designed to sway opinion to the darkside...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Does the man have a right to burn a book if he so chooses? Of course he does.

Do people have a right to go out and kill others because he burned the book? No, they don't.
But they do anyway.

It is what it is.

Just because another group of people act in ways that propagate hatred and show no value whatsoever for human life, plus appear to be hugely lacking in what by U.S. standards is intelligence, doesn't mean we have to respond by behaving the same way.

There should be laws in place against placing our soldiers in danger during times of war. This includes the media. Each individual and writer on the news shows who "hosted" this story should be fined heavily for contributing to this fiasco.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
They were burning bibles and torching America flags.

Funny how they are doing what the west isn't allowed to. The Pastor did cancel his burning session, yet they still burn bibles. I honestly couldn't care less but that sort of thing really does piss me off.

Originally posted by Haydn_17

And i have to agree that Islam is the most oversensitive religion in the entire world.

Religion, yeah. Though the regime in Israel deserves honourable mentions for also being intensely sensitive.

top topics

join