It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 means nothing to me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm very certain that this thread will anger some people and I want to put my thoughts out there.

I do not wish to "remember" 9/11 in any form. I do not buy into the mainstream media and their version of events. I don't buy into the crowd that goes "Never forget!". Perhaps they should never forget the day the USA Patriot Act passed. I don't wish to support our troops in Afghanistan whenever a story like this breaks:

A dozen US soldiers have been charged with a series of crimes committed in Afghanistan, including the murder of three Afghan civilians and the subsequent cover-up, according to documents the US Army released Wednesday. CNN reports that the soldiers from the 5th Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division out of Washington state have been charged in connection with the attempted cover-up of the murder and assault of Afghan civilians, as well as the mutilation of dead Afghans, and drug use. The brigade operated near Kandahar.

U.S Soldiers charged with murdering civilians in Afghanistan

To me, 9/11 means nothing but death and fear at the hands of the "enlightened" ones. 9/11 is the inside job to end all inside jobs.

You won't see me waving a flag tomorrow or playing a patriotic song for that would be buying into a lie.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That's up to you m8.
Me i'll be thinking about all the people who died in the attacks and the still greaving familes.
To me today is not about war it's about peace.

edit on 10-9-2010 by saphic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Clearly it means something to you, enough so for you to make a post about it. To me 9/11 is just another date on the calendar marking when Government murdered thousands of people. The calendar is chalk full of those kinds of days.

edit on 10-9-2010 by harrytuttle because: readability

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
you feel nothing because "it was an inside job"?

what kind of effed up logic is that?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Wow, you're a truly interesting "person"? I've moved on with my life, but on that day I was down there helping transport medical supplies to injured people. Tomorrow I will be watching all the messed up political business down there. It's truly sad.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think we need to stop acting as if it happened yesterday. 9 years after WW2 ended, in 1954, were we going around like "poor me" every year because of the people we lost then? No, and if we did, we would still be picking up the pieces and Europe would still be in ruins.

9/11 was a terrible, ugly event, probably master-minded by an elite secret society in cahoots with part of our government, nearly a decade ago that killed several thousand people who were just going about their business. There's no reason though that we need to mourn the event every year, especially if we didn't lose anyone close to us.

I feel bad for the people who were lost but life goes on.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It might not mean anything to you, but to those of us who have lost friends and family it does......

To those of us who went to war, who witnessed atrocities, who were held under gunfire, who had to kill to keep from being killed......who lost brothers in arms.....who lost sisters, mothers, daughters, fathers......

To us it means everything........you may think it was an inside job, but that doesnt matter, what matters is the people who died when those towers fell.....

What matters is the thousands who have died over seas, and who have given up their lives and their families when their country came to call......doesnt matter if you dont like the military machine.....

What mattered was that we answered those calls......the calls the firemen answered when those buildings when up, the EMTs, the police...

The military , families.....

What matters was that for a brief moment of time this whole nation stood together, strangers helped strangers, and gave their lives for people they didnt know..

On the day of 9/11 the conspiracy theories dont matter, what matters is the sacrifice.....

And as a Marine who served, and as a man who lost friends there.......it matters greatly to me......

Tomorrow I wont be remembering the "who and the why" I will be saying a prayer for all those lost.

Semper Fi

edit on 10-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by saphic

And peaceful is how it should be.
The Sword isn't wrong in his opinion, and I won't be waving a flag tomorrow either. We got duped into a string of events that have taken away more freedoms in 9 years than the attacks on 9/11 could have ever accomplished 10 times over.

On 9/11 I will only honor the fact that my family and friends are still here, and will enjoy life as it comes.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You could just take all the politics and conspiracy thoughts out of it and simply observe some part of this anniversary to honor the people who died 9 years ago. Those who lost their lives through no fault of their own as well as those who died, or who continue to suffer because they had the courage to try and help that awful day.

Tragic terrorist attack? False flag operation? Massive insurance fraud scam? Maybe or maybe not any or all of the above. But that doesn't alter the fact that innocent people died and they deserve to be remembered.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I do not wish to "remember" 9/11 in any form.

Hey Einstein.

Too late, you wrote a thread and are now thinking about the events of that day this very moment.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I couldn't agree with you more. But, I haven't served. My uncle has, and I've seen less and less of his friends come around and could only imagine the things he's been through.I'm Grateful he made it back to see his family again.

Whether what's happening over there is right or wrong I am still grateful for those who served for the right reasons. I'm not a religious man, but my heart goes out to you and yours, and everyone who has a missing piece in their life since 9/11.

edit on 10-9-2010 by patent98310 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

Thanks to your family as well, and thank you for your support.....

Thats all any of the vets ask for is support.......and to remember those who died on that day, its BECAUSE of that loss of life that day, that we took up arms to put our lives on the line to prevent it from happening again.....

Whether you agree with it or not, thats why myself and so many others served with a clear head.....

It wasnt politics, it wasnt a conspiracy, it was love of our country, however misguided the politicians may be....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I wouldn't exactly say 9/11 gives me patriot feelings but I sure feel for the families who lost loved ones and I feel respect and honor for those who were on the scene to help save lives - the police, the firemen and all good citizens who tried to help. And please don't let a few vets that did the wrong thing smear those that served their country to protect you from harm!!!! Yes its always the head of govts that start wars but its your brothers and sisters that clean up the mess.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You don't have to buy into anything.... Regardless of who is telling the truth, who is responsible, and all those conspiracies, the simple fact is, 3,000 innocent people died.

3,000 innocent people. Needlessly. Yeah we can all spend our time worrying about the conspiracies, or who really did it. But the bottom line is 3,000 people died.

You don't have to go wave a flag around... I wont do that.... But I will be thinking about the events of that day. The people who died, the friends and family of those people...

9/11 created a huge wound and is the date that I started to view the world very differently. It hurts to think about the events of that day. But I still do. I agree it is silly to have people going around saying to never forget. How could I possibly forget it?

Just think about those people. You remember the people who jumped 90 stories? can you imagine how horrible that must be? Your only two choices are staying in the building and facing certain death, or jumping and hoping for a miracle... Just horrible.

9/11 is not a day to worry about who did it and why. It is not a day to point fingers or to get all patriotic. You don't need to do that, and quite frankly I am surprised you think you need to...

You don't have to do anything, but ultimately, the only thing that matters, are the 3,000 innocent men women and children who were killed. Just... think about them... Nothing else. And if you think nothing of those people... Well, then quite frankly... Well, there is no way you are not affected..

Simple as that.

edit on 10-9-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Some very mature and dignified replies to the OP's apparently intentionally inflammatory post. All I want to add is a thanks to the peeps that served.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I for one, don't remember what I was doing / where I was when 9/11 happened.
It didn't touch me then, it doesn't touch me now. Sure, sad, some people died.
A lot of innocent people die EVERY SINGLE DAY. Heck, more innocent people die every single day than died in 9/11.
Where's all the threads for those who die out of hunger daily? Where's all the threads for cancer patients, HIV patients et cetera et cetera?
Oh yeah, they don't matter since they didn't die in a "terrorist attack".
Please, dislike me all you want - I'm just saying how I feel.
Then again, this is something like Stalin said once;
"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."
Somehow, the victims of 9/11 are labeled as more important than the way bigger number of people who die every single day thanks to real terrorism and what not.

And if you read this far, let me just say something:
My heart goes out for all the people who lost family/friends on 9/11. Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling the lost lives insignificant, I'm just reminding that there's something we CAN do about the people who die daily, but nothing we can do about 9/11 anymore.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGonzo665

I should have known that I'd meet scorn and ridicule with such a thread.

Heckuva job, Brownie!

I don't mean to take away from YOUR memories or the fact that YOU were there on that fateful day. What I'm trying to say is that I'm not going to get all caught up in the tribute stuff.

Thanks guys for not resorting to name-calling.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
To: ManBehindTheMask, Hefficide, and GimmeSomeTruth
Thanks to all 3 of you for your posts (and Hefficide this should mean alot to you because I usually disagree with about 75% of what you say on this site :lol

They were thoughtful and powerful (at least to me) and summed up pretty much what I was going to say so I won't be redundant by saying them again but I just wanted to give you guys some recognition

It may be too much to hope for, but maybe tomorrow we could have a 1-day moratorium on some of the some of the purposely inflammatory threads......

edit on 10-9-2010 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Wow, what a way to judge someone that you don't even know.

I've never seen the "Loose Change" or "Zeitgeist" movies, I don't know how thermite works and I certainly don't buy into the hologram theory.

Though if you blindly believe the official story, that's just as dangerous as NOT believing it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join