It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's "Achilles' heel~ homegrown terrorists and other radicalized recruits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

America's "Achilles' heel~ homegrown terrorists and other radicalized recruits

www.cbsnews.com

WASHINGTON, Sept. 10, 2010
9/11 Commissioners Warn of Homegrown Terror
Former Heads of Bipartisan Group Say U.S. "Stumbling Blindly" in Policy to Counter Domestic Radicalization

As a result, there is still no federal agency specifically charged with identifying radicalization or working to prevent terrorist recruitment of U.S. citizens and residents, said the report, slated to be released Friday by the Washington-based Bipartisan Policy Center's National Security Preparedness Group.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
rand.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
USA Domestic Terror Network...
Al Qaeda is training fighters that "look western", says DCI.
PROJECT MEGIDDO~FBI Strategic Assessment of Domestic Terrorism in the United States

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
A quote from the article says;

The terrorists, said the report, may have discovered America's "Achilles' heel in that we currently have no strategy to counter the type of threat posed by homegrown terrorists and other radicalized recruits."

This and other issues with domestic terrorism are not new, posted a few threads I have started on this very issue. Domestic terror threat...

Wake up, or Mogadishu will be your back yard, not sure how it can be any more clear. This is not an issue that the feds are doing any thing about, so it's up to the people ("We The People"), to do so for them selves.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-9-2010 by ADVISOR because: spelling & punctuation

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
We are walking a fine line with this issue. How much liberty are we willing to trade for security and who is to say what constitutes a "radical"? Where would we draw the line and what checks and balances would ensure that a line will be drawn at all? I think that the checks and balances that we used to have, have already failed us... Hence the Patriot Act and HGTP Act.
Today, it will be the Islamic terrorists hell bent on blowing up our infrastructure, though tomorrow it will be anti-government activists and the day after after that it will be any political dissent outside of the cosmetic arguments of the two major parties. One man's radical is another man's patriot and even worse, one man's radical could just simply be his rival.

Personally, I feel that we have far too many laws and policies that supposedly root out homegrown "terrorists". How far do we take it? We have to remember that every time we increase security, we also decrease liberty. Freedom and liberty has a price and sometimes safety or a perception thereof is that price.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" --Patrick Henry

edit on 10-9-2010 by airspoon because: misplaced quotation mark

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Airspoon you made a good point... How much Freedom and Liberty are we willing to give up for security? Now I know you and I don’t always see eye to eye, but I both think we can agree the answer is none.

HBO had a special not too long ago, (working on a thread about it now) but the guy mentioned that Osama Bin Laden has actually one the war on terror. He made America into something 60 years ago we killed NAZI's For.. 9-11 shook America to the Core, and we allowed Rendition, we allowed the Iraq war, we allowed gitmo, we allowed torture. That isn’t who America was, but it’s who we are now.

So yes the government can take their body scanners, there patriot act, there warrantless wire taps, they can shine them up real nice, stick a pretty bow, turn that sum b**th sideways and stick straight up their collective Candy Ass. (in the words of The Rock)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just bumping as a reminder in light of today's event.

It does not help if people are imposing self ignorance and saying it won't happen.
Or that the people who count will be protected, and saved from danger.

No, especially with the Tucson event, people ought to realize the reality they are surrounded by, cares not for their imagined one.

As it has been said;

edit on 8-1-2011 by ADVISOR because: he's too legit to quit...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by airspoon

Airspoon you made a good point... How much Freedom and Liberty are we willing to give up for security? Now I know you and I don’t always see eye to eye, but I both think we can agree the answer is none.

HBO had a special not too long ago, (working on a thread about it now) but the guy mentioned that Osama Bin Laden has actually one the war on terror. He made America into something 60 years ago we killed NAZI's For.. 9-11 shook America to the Core, and we allowed Rendition, we allowed the Iraq war, we allowed gitmo, we allowed torture. That isn’t who America was, but it’s who we are now.

So yes the government can take their body scanners, there patriot act, there warrantless wire taps, they can shine them up real nice, stick a pretty bow, turn that sum b**th sideways and stick straight up their collective Candy Ass. (in the words of The Rock)

Yeah sure, blame Osama Bin Laden on security crackdowns in the US. That's exactly what they want you to think.

new topics

top topics

join