It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to burn US flags in protest of Koran burnings

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
For what it is worth ( and I am glad about this) The pastor canceled the quran burning... and it only took his actions being condemned by people across the world, Clintion, His old church, The Pope, being denied a burn permit and a visit from the FBI...

news.yahoo.com...

I said it from the beginning, but all this was going to do is cause anger, drama, and further the divide... and that is exactly what it did.. I just hope now we can all calm down just a bit...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

What can we do, aside from giving in to every single demand (and apologizing for every slight, imagined or real) to get along with them?

Should we acquiesce and just reshape our country to be in agreement with them? Will that actually cause them to stop?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
For what it is worth ( and I am glad about this) The pastor canceled the quran burning... and it only took his actions being condemned by people across the world, Clintion, His old church, The Pope, being denied a burn permit and a visit from the FBI...

news.yahoo.com...

I said it from the beginning, but all this was going to do is cause anger, drama, and further the divide... and that is exactly what it did.. I just hope now we can all calm down just a bit...

He is pretty famous now don't you think? and he has a book.

Last I heard Westerners literally eat poo for fame, and risk their lives with stupid stunts for fame, this, whether with motive or not, was and still is just an act.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
He was forced to cancel it by the or to speak by laid by the muslims and in reality they lied to him.

www.cnn.com...

I wont be surprised if the people start to burn down the Islamic center once they build it, remember it was only build by money not by the location or for the reasons why they are building it.

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf is a business man

and like many business man he wont move the center if the us government is funding it or funding him.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They can burn whatever they want to burn. I don't feel very patriotic considering the things the Americans have done to my people. Let them burn the flag. Personally the only holy books I've burned are the Bible and the Book of Mormon.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by caucazoid69

.. i never desired to be a nun ahahahah
i went to a nun school before i went to high school (3 years)
they were not even teaching us
teachers were there for math lesson french lesson english lesson etc etc

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
he's just an idiot who stumbled into some media attention.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well, seems it wasn't cancelled, just postponed as he feels the muslims lied to him about moving the mosque. I bet the federal government does step in now if he plans to go ahead with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed
[more

Do you have a source for this - would like to read it. I read on another thread that a Baptist Church said they would do it if Jones didn't. I have no idea how many threads we have on this now but it keeps changing by the minute it seems.

edit on 9-9-2010 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Check the link........
2nd line

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i believe that what is happening here is that some religious nutjob from nutley is trying to create a stereotype of human beings that have a religious preference and exploit the negative stereotype that many religious people are racists. all i want to say on that is some are and some aren't. this man probably believes that the 9-11 event wasn't staged and that satan brought up al queda from the depths of hell and that burning the koran will make up for his booboos. i'm sorry but if my country is at war with another one, then i will try to understand my enemy by understanding the speech, customs, and perhaps their religious practices especially if it draws any philosophical parallels with the mainstream religion of my country.

"keep your friends close but your enemies closer"
tsun tzu

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, why do all the sane people even care what these looneys decide to burn? The actions of idiots rarely effect me, as i give them a wide berth and seek shelter in some sane corner of the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It's back on.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Well, seems it wasn't cancelled, just postponed as he feels the muslims lied to him about moving the mosque. I bet the federal government does step in now if he plans to go ahead with it.

I'll take that bet. Send me a u2u.

Oh, and jones is the liar.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Fox news' big shareholder helped fund the "ground zero mosque".

Fox news reported on it.

Made money.

Now in the wake of that media-created drama, we have another.

And they're causing controversy and popularity where none is needed; I blame the media for any negative consequences of burning the Koran, since they're the ones making all the money off it. I wonder if Fox news set the tone for this muslim fear-mongering on purpose so that the media will follow in their footsteps and report on things like this that have no bearing on everyday life... just to get people to react... and then the question is posed, why do they want us reacting? To keep us dedicated to war in the middle east? So that the Military Industrial Complex can continue filling up it's gas tank and paying unearthly amounts of money to oil companies to make the rich richer? Call me a conspiracy nut, but heck, that's how the cookie crumbles.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Someone is playing both sides. This religious conflict is being enflamed on both sides by a propaganda machine that never ends. The media could be fanning the flames of hate but every nation has its extremists. The haters on one side are mentally the same as the haters on the other side. It’s all about conditioning the right followers into action. I believe there is a dark presence manipulating matters for an ultimate goal. I don’t know what that objective is but I am sure it is dividing the world.

Learn from the lesson of Palpatine.

starwars.wikia.com...

Palpatine was able to establish his Empire by concocting a complex master plan, which involved starting the Clone Wars, a galaxy-wide conflict that cost billions of sentient lives, and secretly playing both sides, until he replaced the Republic with the Galactic Empire and nearly exterminated the Jedi.

The one thing that comes to mind is the Illuminati.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's all created by the masons to make the public hate Christianity or any religion. People see that religious wars are useless, and eventually start to become atheists.

Trust me, it was all done by the masons.Those faggots will never seize to amaze me with their brainwashing techniques.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Is this preacher an idiot? Yes. Does he have a right to do it? Yes. Everyone was basically screaming in defense of the GZ Mosque "You may not like it, but they have the right to do it so shut the ### up". Why doesn't the argument work both ways? NAMBLA, the KKK, flag burning, etc- as disgusting as they all are in my opinion- have all been given protection under the law. So why is always an exception whenever it has anything to do with Islam/Muslims?
Why are we doing this delicate "PC dance"?
If you say the GZ Mosque has a right whether you like it or not you have to say this guy has a right whether you like it or not: you can't have it both ways....

Just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
So whats new, how many decades have these scumsuckers been burning American Flags anyway?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
2 things:

1 - The flag is no more American than their turbans, which too, are likely made in China.

2 - A special flag burning event? Isn't there one every random day somewhere over there? Who cares!? Burn away, freaks!

Maybe both the pastor and the flag burners should be torched.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join