It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Farms Could Soon be Illegal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Senate Bill S510 Food Safety Modernization Act has been on the table for quite some time now.
And is about to be soon past.

Another bill that is made to benefit corporate interests under the shadow of 9/11.
' American people must be protected from potential terrorists attacks on their food '

So under the guise of Homeland Security , people growing their yearly summer crops of veggies. will
be subject to licensure , and inspections for their own produce on their own land.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Many threads here ask...What is your breaking point? When will you make a stand?

Well...this is where I make my stand. When some government agent comes on my land and tries to confiscate my livestock and property, and fine me for growing and raising my own food, I will then become an outlaw...

If ye live by the sword, ye shall die by the sword.....vengeance is MINE sayeth the Lord, for verily if a man breaketh into another man's house, ye shall have his own blood upon his own hand.... give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's...and I will...and give unto the Lord, what is the Lord's. Ye shall reapeth what ye soweth..... for thine iniquities and they whoredoms, ye shall perish.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
They pretty much are illegal anyway already, if they are competing with the big corporations. In fact, if you own a local farm you either have to be lucky or you are taking your place at the trough, doing business with the devil anyway. I think everyone has seen the movie, "Food Inc." and knows about Monsanto. So, whether you think you have a private farm or not, you are still accountable to the elites, as they are the ones who really own us and not just with farming. Without a revolution, things are only going to get worse and sadly, the American people are disinterested in a revolution. If some celebrity somewhere isn't saying, they aren't going to listen and even if a celebrity did advocate liberty, it would just be ignored. Sometimes, I just think to myself how unreal this all seems. Ladies and gentlemen, we are part of the failed generation. "Generation Fail".

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I don't see how something like this could be enforced.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
One of the things regarding this might not be as sinister as it appears. Here in Florida things like Citrus Canker can quickly decimate an entire vital industry. So yes the State will inspect your solitary Orange Tree in your back yard with the same level of concern they would an entire commercial grove. If you have Citrus Canker on your tree, they are absolutely going to make sure it's cut down and burned right away.

Things like mad cow disease and citrus canker can spread, and potentially infect the food supply rather quickly. They are on gaurd for certain pests and disease and I can't honestly say that's a bad thing.

Now could such a bill be abused? Probably, yes. Could it lead to perhaps making it more difficult or expensive to grow your own food? Yes. Will they use it to absolutely prevent people from growing their own food? I highly doubt it.

No politician or party wants to raise Income Taxes so they are always looking for ways to indirectly tax people who do anything out of the ordinary, do you smoke, do you drink, do you grow food, do you drive a luxury car, do you want to have a yard sale, the list goes on and on. These all become income opportunities for the government where they can raise additional revenue without actually having to raise income tax.

If you don't drink, if you don't smoke, if you don't grow food, or drive a luxury car, or have a yard sale, you don't care, just the people who are do. So they typically then find a way to sell it to people who don't do these things by telling them how it's in your best interest that these people who do these things, pay an extra tax or fee, based on some added safety, security or benefit to you.

The health care bill was not about providing poor Americans healthcare, it was about how the government can profit more off the health care business. To get some float off that money, to collect some fees, and penalties, to raise money without raising Income Tax.

The government is never going to outlaw things it can make money on. They are just looking to make money.

Nothing to see here, move along, just make sure you pay the nothing to see here entertainment tax first, and the general inquiry tax too.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

That bill really sucks. It is another way for the government to intrude and control who grow the food. The big corporations love this bill because it kills competition and they make more money with their poisoned GMO food. I hate this bill, the none GMO food from small farmers tastes the best. I like getting fruit from backyard trees after I ask if I can have some. People who support then bill must love having their freedoms taken away.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I sincerley hope Canada does not follow suite on this, I mean, if this bill passes then what every single farmer will be forced to do is to - waste money on gas to drive to and from the grocery store every 2 weeks. (roughly)
- buy food that's more than likely already over priced.
- if the farmers want to grow any of their own food, then they would have to pay for a
bullcrap licence in order to do so.
- pay to have soil and water samples done ( let's say once or twice a month) to make
sure everything's "clean".
That's just from the top of my head, and if it's not the case then I will graciously take all the "I told you so's" you can give me. But if this does happen, even if a small part of what I said might happen then we are all in deeper trouble than we are in now. Just a question........ Was anyone raised on cow's and goat's milk while growing up? I was and it did me no harm.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blade The Hunter

You're spot on. It was only natural. We already can't harvest animals on our own land. It doesn't matter if we have 100 acres. We have to have a license for that. I've been saying for a while that gardens were going to be next as Monstanto kept growing and pushing it's boundaries.

I have my own garden. I will not be licensed. I will not be fined. Anyone enforcing this upon me will not simply be "doing their job" they will have participated in a violation of my human rights and be dealt with accordingly. This is my line in the sand.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have relatives that have their own farms, mostly growing wheat, barley, oats, cattle, pigs, and chickens. I just hope they won't wimp out and bow down to these government creeps. I was mostly raised on food from the garden...... carrots, peas, potatoes, dill, corn etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Of course, you could always just claim that they are "ornamental" plants. That'd be like them asking you to have a license to have trees in your yard. Uh oh. I just gave them another idea!! =X

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blade The Hunter

It would never be enforceable in Canada. I used to live in BC. There are things that province is known for that can't be enforced very well. There is no way the cops would want to start looking for illegally grown food also.

Plus, look at the size of Canada, and our population. Lots of land, and not enough people to enforce it. Grow your vegies and flowers together, wild like, and you need a trained eye to be able to see what is food.

To grow organic, and sell it, then we need soil tests, that's just to keep that market honest. For personal stuff, it doesn't and won't ever matter. Canadians have learned to hide whatever we are growing, be it vegies or whatever.

There has been a couple of things they tried up here, one was to not be allowed to save seeds, and the other was the church bake sales were to be stopped. That idea didn't even make it a month. Many peed off elderly women put an instant stop to it, and we still have our heirloom seeds, and our bake sales anywhere we want. There is no way they could take away our gardens. :shk:

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The way I see it, it's another way for the government to say to the people B.O.H.I.C.A. (Bend Over Here It Comes Again). Enough money and power is never enough to some obviously.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You have a point snowspirit, the R.C.M.P helicopters don't have a "veggie" setting on their F.L.I.R camera lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
What ever means necessary, their going to take your land(no matter how hard, farmers unite).

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The Canadian version of this is Bill C-36, which has been re-introduced from the ashes of C-6. That was the third time it's been put down! Bill C-6 had no less than eight breaches of our constitution. Both S-510 and C-36 threaten to link our respective countries to the Codex Alimentarius, although it looks like they are bound and determined to see that happen one way or another.

I've been covering the C-6 issue a while now if anyone wants an overview. The latest posts are in regards to the newer bill.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join