It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media Boycott for 9/11 Justice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e259e30015cb.jpg[/atsimg]

An activist group is calling for a complete boycott of corporate mainstream media, starting on the 9th anniversary of 9/11.

According the group’s facebook page, “Mainstream media networks have barely touched the surface of what happened… Through their negligence, they have made a mockery of the unanswered questions held by the victims’ families, and greatly dishonored the 3,000 people who died on 9/11. This must change.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: 911truthnews.com...

I think that boycotts can and do work, if only we could get people to stick to them. Even if our message isn't clear due to not enough participants, we are still withholding vital business that they need to propagate their blatant lies. I have, for the most part stopped patronizing MSM all together, though on occasion I do visit a website or two.

Anyway, I have always said that the truth movement isn't going to make any kind of progress until we organize. Without organization, we matter little and our effectiveness is effectually non-existent. With that being said, the most we could ever think to accomplish without true organization, would be a boycott. If you believe that the MSM aided in the cover-up of 9/11, I urge you to participate in this boycott. It is not only the right thing to do, but it is also your duty as a human being.

In closing, I leave you with a theme song:

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i think for this to work you would have to have another a reputable and easy to acces news source. mainsteam meadia is easy, you just come home flick the t.v on and the reporter tells you how it is. no need to check sources. and if your lucky a so called expert comes on to give you his take on events all this followed by a story about puppies or something cuddly. good idea but we need to lay the foundations first.

edit on 8-9-2010 by danielhanson420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2010 by danielhanson420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You would need to be more specific than that, and establish that you have a large enough following to matter, if you want to affect anything.

First you need a core group, signed up, with addresses, if you want to be taken seriously.

Secondly, you need a way to inspire larger numbers of people to go along with your plans. You will need very large numbers, as the advertisers think in terms of millions.

Next you need a focused demand that can reasonably be met, such as that a particular station show a particular educational "truther" video. And it had better be good. Don't bother asking for prime time viewing; you won't get it.

Boycotting even just one station won't work, too many people are addicts to their favourite programs.
However, boycotting a major advertising sponser for a week will affect the station. You would need to let that sponsor know they are being boycotted and why, and also let other advertisers know. You must have a measurable impact on sales for that week, or you will be laughed at from then on.

Once you prove you have muscle, you can ask a large advertiser who seems co-operative to pressure the station with you, on the understanding you can reward them with additional sales. Choose well dressed, well spoken representatives and arrange meetings, learn how to win people over and how to negotiate.

Remember, advertisers are the media's life-support, the Johns who support media whoredom. Show muscle, very nicely and sweetly, to these Johns, if you want to affect any media outlet.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Anyway, I have always said that the truth movement isn't going to make any kind of progress until we organize.

You also need to get your silly conspiracy theories straight.

So was it a disguised military aircraft carrying pods, firing missiles, also being a hologram, that crashed into the buildings whilst being remote controlled, with nano thermite going off, at the same time silent explosives going off, with beam weapons being fired at the towers also not forgetting the use of underground mini nukes that result in no radiation, with the Joos running it all

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Your sadly mistaken and one of those silly conspiracies is that 19 Arabs armed with box-cutters got those most breaks in history to defy the laws of physics. Oh yeah, did I mention that they knocked down 3 skyscrapers (not all in a row) with two planes?

Furthermore, the only story we have to get straight, is that one of the silliest conspiracy theories of all, the OS, is obviously wrong.

--airspoon

edit on 8-9-2010 by airspoon because: added wrong person

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

It's not my gig, nor my plan. There is a link up top that should bring you to the list where you can sign up and look at the details. Lol, I didn't just expect to pull off a full blown boycott over a couple days only by posting a thread on ATS.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

You also need to get your silly conspiracy theories straight.

You'd have to know who started all those "silly conspiracy theories"

It's SOP in many organisations and alphabet agencies to "muddy the waters"

Like Airspoon said, the best option is to ignore all the theories except the OS...

Just dissprove that one fairytale...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
Just dissprove that one fairytale...

Which no truther has been able to do, unless the introduce their silly conspiracy theories!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

What no "truther" has been able to do so far is see a fair, unbiased investigation into all the events of 9/11..

BTW, that all most are asking for...

new topics

top topics

join