It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Mars

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by christine76
The more I read the more I believe that it is highly possible/probable that WE are Martians.

Im interested in the idea that a few survivors of a huge war or disaster migrated from Mars to Earth, founding a new civilization.

Somewhere I read that the word "Adama" (as in Adam, first man) is connected to Mars. I have to look into that (or maybe someone reading this will).
Interesting to note perhaps that the meaning of the name Adam is associated with the colour Red as in red man or man made from red earth etc (probably been bought up elsewhere in this thread but I know I'd forget to post if I carry on reading

Etymologically it is the masculine form of the word adamah meaning ground or earth and related to the words adom (red), admoni (ruddy) and dam (blood)

edit on 3-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I see nothing.

How do you suppose these animals live in the presence of lethal blasts from the Sun? How do you suppose that there can be "crowds" of them in areas with no vegetation? If there was life on Mars, it couldn't be "crowds" even. It'd be like the most parched of the parched deserts. The coldest nastiest arid tundras. With lethals sun blasts regularly.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There was and still is life on Mars, just like the moon

edit on 3-2-2011 by Treppon because: xD

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

well whatever you are doing to see those animals in your posted pics.....might be illegal

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Treppon
There was and still is life on Mars, just like the moon

edit on 3-2-2011 by Treppon because: xD

But ProtoLichen isn't nearly as exciting as humanoids.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

I see nothing.

"seeing and believing" could be very wrong too...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

i12.photobucket.com...

i12.photobucket.com...

i12.photobucket.com...

i12.photobucket.com...
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a221/jlehane3/MarsFaveMartianSandmarieLive2288674949_e7b9d6cb5c2bBW2aBSBIG2Sepia7CropBIGFACE300SizeGray.jpg[/im g]
i12.photobucket.com...

i12.photobucket.com...

Aeon,lets see how well your vision detects signs of life.When you say you see "nothing",do you mean all these pics of Mars above just look like ROCKS to you? I have looked at some of my pics on other peoples computers and they look just the same to me.Before I answer the rest of your questions,can you and others say "yes" I see something that could be evidence of life on Mars,or "no" I see nothing in these pics that even remotely could be evidence of present or past life on Mars.I gave it my best shot here,so I am sincerely trying produce my best evidence.If you also could respond by pointing out which,if any pic does look like something at all to you ,I'll elaborate on that one to explain as best I can what I see there.Thanks for your attention.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The trouble with all the rock faces etc is that they can just be coincidental, a very quick search brought this up... Its SNOW on a mountain in Iceland and it does look like a face, as it is in snow no-one can claim it is in any way ancient.

If this face was seen on Mars I have no doubt whatsoever that it would be presented as evidence for an ancient humanoid civilization on Mars.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f9facc6fe5e.jpg[/atsimg]

Added to which it would then be coloured and burnt a bit just to help people 'see the face'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/652a7aaf08f2.jpg[/atsimg]
s&f for the thread skyfloating

edit on 4-2-2011 by Versa because: to add s&f for the thread skyfloating

edit on 4-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Your best evidence kinda sucks, and defies sense.

You'll need to try harder.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

As I said in other occasions, I see most of the things you see, but I don't see them as signs of life, just as rocks or other geological features.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for your responses.I can tell that you are all pretty unconvinced by my best try evidence.Some of these same shots appear in google searches for"Mars Face" or "Martians" or "life on Mars".They are usually NOT on the first or second page,but in the top 10 pages.My most popular pics are not exactly what I'd pick as the "best" or most representative of life signs/evidence. Maybe there is a bell curve for people who can see these images as life signs.When I was born I had a veil over my face,a membrane that occurs in about 1 per thousand babies ,I'm told.It is supposed to be a sign of having the gift of second sight.
now turn this image upside down.
To me this looks like a claw,like a bear,bigfoot,big sturdy foot with long claws.Originally it just reminded me of Darth Vader from Star Wars.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

two things why i posted these pics...
1. the clear image of an artifact on the right side
2. the blotched images/shadows on the right and nearby areas.
which gives an indication that it is not a play of pixels but of real imagery.
at a viewing distance of 6 meters i'd say that the artifact imagery is with fair clarity. it looks like a gadgetry or instrument panel with an "operator" next to it.
it is just approximately 1.4 meters x 1.4 meters in 2 sides.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/248444a55280.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b808916191f9.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 19-2-2011 by alphaMegas because: photo edit

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaMegas
at a viewing distance of 6 meters i'd say that the artifact imagery is with fair clarity.
That's the problem, there's no such thing as "viewing distance" for photos taken from orbit.

You can only judge the photos by what they show at full resolution, if you zoom further than that or if you see the images in perspective you are in fact seeing things created by the software you are using (in this case, Google Mars).

Even if they look clear they are not real, they are just software artefacts.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

at a viewing distance of 6 meters i'd say that the artifact imagery is with fair clarity.
That's the problem, there's no such thing as "viewing distance" for photos taken from orbit.

You can only judge the photos by what they show at full resolution, if you zoom further than that or if you see the images in perspective you are in fact seeing things created by the software you are using (in this case, Google Mars).

Even if they look clear they are not real, they are just software artefacts.

as ive written before, "viewing distance" is a term i coined as my own benchmark...
i love to show a full resolution imagery on these but dont have the means....
and my emphasis was on the clarity of the image as compared to other blotched images nearby.

i think there is a subtle difference of what is "real" and what is "real imagery" and that comes with how we
interpret the data...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't know whether this questing has been brought out before, but I'm not gonna read the whole thread so here it goes. People say that all those ancient references to Mars are due to its color. Though some people say Mars isn't even red. But let's pretend it is. Is it possible to see the color of Mars without a telescope? Wouldn't it kinda appear as a slightly bigger dot of light?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
The fact that the objects were spaced 800 feet apart says that some
person was there with math skills, planning skills, and higher thinking abilities. Based on that alone, it verifies the pyramids and the face. The pyramids match the Pleides star system with their lay out. So the persons either came from Pledies, or left before the asteriod hit Mars hopefully. The water came to Earth, someone mentioned somewhere that we have more water on our planet than in ancient times. If Mars had all that water they had more atmosphere and were closer to Earth's orbit and temperatures orginally. I think the Mexican Sun/Moon pyramids are also laid out to match Pledies. These are worth going to see, I climbed the Sun Pyramid in 1984. It was an inspiring place! I wish they would just go over to Mars and explore it... what are we waiting for? Especially, if they have one of those capture downed UFO space ships. I would love to see Mars
and investigate al those anomolous areas, how much fun that will be for some astronaut!

The beings that currently live in the Pleides (The Plieadians) said there was life on mars about 175 thousand years ago. they also said they were wiped out by an unfortunate cataclysmic event..such as the asteroid. the more and more i go through this site, the more and more things start to connect from every angle.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamelukkikala
I don't know whether this questing has been brought out before, but I'm not gonna read the whole thread so here it goes. People say that all those ancient references to Mars are due to its color. Though some people say Mars isn't even red. But let's pretend it is. Is it possible to see the color of Mars without a telescope? Wouldn't it kinda appear as a slightly bigger dot of light?

you can see mars in the night sky without a telescope. and yes, the light is Orange/red in color. and yes it does look red at night. depending on where the earth is at during any given time depends on how bright mars will show in the sky.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

as ive written before, "viewing distance" is a term i coined as my own benchmark...
i love to show a full resolution imagery on these but dont have the means....
NASA, ESA and Jaxa images are freely available, and for those in unusual file formats there are freeware tools available.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vze2xjjk
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for your responses.I can tell that you are all pretty unconvinced by my best try evidence

You have GOT to be kidding.

Sigh.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have a theory on mars. Awhile ago i saw pictures of craters on mars, and with lines on the ground that looked like the basic layout of a town, and a fence. So i thought maybe they blew themselves up by nuclear war or some other war, and thats how their atmosphere got destroyed

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join