It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa, Dude: Fox News parent company's 'Big Lebowski' game developed by North Koreans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Whoa, Dude: Fox News parent company's 'Big Lebowski' game developed by North Koreans

www.rawstory.com

Network of partner groups led to Fox Mobile selling games developed in Pyongyang: report

North Korea, one of the poorest and most politically isolated countries in the world, is undergoing something of an economic renaissance thanks to a growing software industry fueled, at least in small part, by American media company News Corporation, a published report declared Monday.

Developers from the country's General Federation of Science and Technology were responsible for creating the mobile ph
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, well. News Corp, the parent company of FOX News, is doing business [publicly] with a country in the "Axis of Evil". I have to say that this hardly surprises me, though it is a testiment to their hypocritical nature. FOX News, along with other Murdoch enterprises liked to justify the war in Iraq because of the evil dictator Saddam, yet they seem to have no problems with supporting North Korea's own evil dictator, so long as there is money in it of course.

I thought FOX News was against supporting dictators and communism, so why on Earth would they support it by funneling money into the regime that is keeping such an ideal alive?

With that being said, I'm sure this isn't the only business done with an "Axis of Evil" stalwart, though I'm sure that most everything else in that relm is "hush".

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What about the fact that the Dude hasn't got his original rug back - dry cleaned and all?

I mean it's bad enough someone is making money off of this and that the Dude still isn't getting any proper respect for what he's done to clear the air up and all within the case and all but WTF??!?

I mean, Donny has passed on, the match against Jesus has passed and the lil' Dude has been born just to spite a vindictive father, or grandfather if you look at it that way.

But where was the Dude's say in any of this man? He was just left hung out to dry!

I think I'm going to have another, you know, white Russian to think this one over and come up with a plan.

Walter will go nuts over this one that's for sure. I just hope he's not all shomer shabbos with it cause it causes friction man, it causes serious friction.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This aggression will not stand man. Frickin Amateurs. You want a video game, I'll get you a video game. I didn't watch my buddies die face-down in the muck...
We care about nuhzing. I suggest N. Korea do as their Southern neighbors did; get a job sir.

No funny stuff.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Fox exists to make money. They could give a jack about a political agenda. They slant righ,t now because they can make money doing it and they will slant the other way if its looks like a better cash flow. They for the moment have found a nice nich of viewers. Some are just people who want to hear crazy claims and out right lies as long as they support thier political slant and the other half are people who watch to be outraged that anyone could be stupid enought watch that stuff. They push whatever they can sell but, no should expect them to really buy into any of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I just want to know how this plays into Hillary's big announcement for new tougher sanctions....tell us one thing, big biz does another..."look here, nothing up my sleeve, never mind the man behind the curtain, Presto"

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ain't it just amazing how cheap labor can cause a company (Fox or most any others) to turn a blind eye to bad things.

Companies basically just care about making money as that will mean even more money for the executives.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This has what exactly to do with Fox News?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Well, this is about News Corp, the parent company of FOX News. It is also about FOX Mobile, a subsidiary of News Corp.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

That's my point. The article is about News Corp., yet in your OP you say:

I thought FOX News was against supporting dictators and communism, so why on Earth would they support it by funneling money into the regime that is keeping such an ideal alive?

Fox News doesn't control what their parent company does, but you wasted no time pointing fingers at them.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Excuse me, I meant to imply Murdoch, seeing how FOX News is the quasi flagship of News Corp and Murdoch's pet project. I think we all have read and seen the interviews of former FOX News employees who testify to Murdoch's micromanagement of FOX News and if you haven't, I suggest you research it, as it is worth knowing.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Thats because a lot of people on ATS love to use any excuse to bash anything they perceive as conservative...........even if it has NOTHING to do with them.......

Its all deflection and slight of hand......it doesnt necessarily have to have anything to DO with them, as long as the illusion is there........

Ive been seeing a lot of people lately more and more, who claim to be conservative or what not, saying one thing and then doing another......

Its my opinion that this type of highbrow trolling should be put to an end.....

The OP has nothing to do with Fox and everything to do with News Corp

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

That's my point. The article is about News Corp., yet in your OP you say:

Fox News doesn't control what their parent company does, but you wasted no time pointing fingers at them.

This is the problem with people who watch FOX news. They cannot even fathom that they are being played, and if someone tries to let them know, they get angry and defensive.

Why would you defend FOX news in any way over this? Is FOX reporting this link? Dont you think that they should let viewers know about this, that they are economically supporting the NK dictatorship, while at the same condemning the regime on their TV channel? Is Oreilly talking about this? Is Beck putting it on his chalkboard? They should be.

There is a serious conflict of interest here, and if you cant see that, I dont know what more we can do to help you open your eyes to the fact that you are being played like a fiddle.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

So you find nothing wrong with the fact that Newscorp will use their funds to whip American people into a frenzy about evil North Korea, and then that very same Newscorp does business with the same North Korea, and uses it to make money off of the people it is whipping into said frenzy?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I don't see FOX News as conservative, so much as it is statist, pushing a liberal neocon agenda, under the guise of conservatism. Furthermore, I consider myself to be a conservative. I consider Ron Paul and Peter Schiff to be conservatives, not GWB and/or Cheney. If I recall, it was FOX News snubbing Ron Paul for the '08 primaries, most likely because they were affraid they would be exposed as fake conservatives, hiding behind the religious right and moral majority, as if that's what conservatism is.

Truth is, GWB was one of our most liberal president and FOX News and other Murdoch strongholds were the most die-hard supporters and propagandists. Lets see, GWB spent more money than almost all other US Presidents in American history. Furthermore, Bush drove us all into debt more than almost all, if not all, Presidents in American history. Should I go on and talk about big government and the Bush admin or the dismantling of our Constitution (which is liberal in nature)?

--airspoon

[edit on 7-9-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Uh oh then, I guess all these guys are bad guys too huh!

All Owned by News Corp

Oh but I guess FOX is the only thing you could come up with out of ALL those people owned by News Corp, to add to the headline of your OP huh?

how bout a taste

United Kingdom News International * The Sun * News of the World * The Times * Sunday Times * thelondonpaper (a free newspaper which closed in September 2009)

News Limited * The Daily Telegraph (Sydney) * The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney) * The Australian (national) * The Weekend Australian (national) * The Advertiser (Adelaide) * Sunday Mail (Adelaide) * The Sunday Times (Perth) * Herald Sun (Melbourne) * Sunday Herald Sun (Melbourne) * mX (Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane) * The Courier-Mail (Brisbane) * The Cairns Post (Cairns, Queensland) * Geelong Advertiser * Gold Coast Bulletin * The Mercury and Sunday Tasmanian (Hobart) * Northern Territory News (Darwin) * The Sunday Territorian (Darwin) * Australian Associated Press (45%) Papua New Guinea * Papua New Guinea Post-Courier

* Fox Interactive Media o AmericanIdol.com o AskMen.com o Fox.com o Foxsports.com o GameSpy o Hulu.com o kSolo o IGN o Drownedinsound.com o MySpace o MyNetworktv.com o NewRoo.com o Strategicdatacorp.com o Scout.com o SpringWidgets o WhatIfSports

[edit on 7-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Ill agree with that, I wouldnt say they are liberal at all but thats MY opinion

I voted for Ron Paul myself however.......

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

News Corp owns MANY MANY companies, News Corp isnt whipping ANYONE up into ANYTHING......

Fox reports on things, MSNBC reports on things etc etc.....

The Sun has reported on many things that were not particularly in line with conservative views..........so what? well its owned by News Corp too..........

Are you getting the point?

People will look to find hypocrisy anywhere just because they dont like someone, often times where there really is none......

Especially in a non event like a game being made in N Korea? seriously...

besides that, its not North Korea people dont like, its LiL kimmie, hes the one starving his people.......

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It's not that FOX News only reports on things. Sometimes, no manytimes they flat ignore entire stories or just parts of them. Other times, they blatantly lie or make things up. Does MSNBC and CNN do it to? Absolutely, however FOX News took it to a whole other arena. The "envelope" is pushed so much at FOX News that many people in the industry don't consider FOX to be news, so much as a tabloid for entertainment purposes only.

Generally speaking, it would be quite entertaining, if only the vast majority of viewers didn't buy into it. Most FOX viewers really believe it to be the real news, unbiased and balanced. In fact, FOX News isn't just biased, unbalanced or partisan, rather it is pretty much fake... everything with maybe a hint of truth here and there, though mostly focused on propaganda.

I suggest you watch the documentary, titled "OUTFOXED".

Google Video Link

Finally, if you say that you are a Ron Paul supporter, then you should have a bone to pick with FOX News. Not only did FOX almost completely ignore him during the primaries, but they ridiculed him too. In fact, FOX refused to allow Paul to the debates after the very first debate. Furthermore, Ron Paul won that debate, according to the veiwers, who voted online, though the network itself named someone else as the victor, while completely ignoring that Ron Paul was even there. They didn't even acknowledge his presence when scoring the candidates. This was in spite of the fact that he won (this is all based off of memory so I don't have all of the details here).

Then, you have that yahoo Beck. Beck seemed to particularly focus on Paul, even stooping to the point of calling Paul and his supporters "terrorists". He would then go on and on about the dangerous message of those libertarians, particularly Ron Paul. He even offered to interview Paul, though only in a taped and edited interview with the rights to edit it however they wanted. When Paul refused under those conditions, Beck would go on his show and talk about how Paul was too chicken to come on the show. Beck failed to mention that it would be a taped interview.

Then, all of the sudden after the strong anti-neocon message sent out in the '08 elections, Beck suddenly seems to claim that he is now a libertarian and a champion of libertarian ideals, while failing to mention that he was so against libertarianism just a few months ago (years ago now). In fact, Beck was so against Paul and libertarianism just before the elections that he would rail against the movement on almost every show. Now, he alleges that he has been a libertarian all along and yet nobody seems to even fact check this turkey.

Beck is no libertarian, rather he is an infiltrator after the crushing defeat of his neo-con masters in the last election, he infiltrated the libertarian and Tea Party movements. It's kind of funny but many true-libertarians call neocon supporters "Beck libertarians".

Here is one small clip for an even smaller instance (please watch this one):

And another one for fun:

Why do I mentoin Beck? Because his actions are indicative of FOX News as a whole. Ron Paul and almost all of the leaders in the libertarian (lowercase "l") movement have come out condemning both Beck and Fox News (though not implying they are synonymous) as fake conservatives who infiltrated the Republican party and now working on the libertarian and TP movements.

--airspoon

[edit on 7-9-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well i see how you refused to answer my post above as to why you chose to use FOX news instead of many of their other multitudes of companies......

And now i see why, its another attack on FOX news........once again.......NEWS CORP is the one (apparently) having this thing made in NK........not Fox News...

Would be just like saying the Sun was having this thing made in NK....

Has nothing to do with any of the other companies they own......

anything to slander i suppose..........

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join