It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Unveils New Round of Stimulus Spending

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yes, there you have it, we have too fix the infrastructure to bring jobs to the nation, but kind of too littler too late, I guess stealing from the tax payer to pay off wall street and preserve the wealth of the nations richest people and campaign contributors was priority over the tax payer losing their jobs, homes and way of life.

Now that millions has lost everything and the nation is a mess something have to be done to fix it

Obama unveiled the first portion of a six-year federal infrastructure building program that would improve the nation’s roads, railways and runways. The first portion of the plan, according to the White House, would cost $50 billion. Under the plan, 150,000 miles of road, 40,000 miles or rail line and 150 miles of airport runways will be rebuilt or repaired.

Rather than rejoicing at this news I feel cheated by my own government that when it comes to priorities we the people are on the bottom of the food chain.

Politically, the infrastructure plan will not likely be enough to stop the bleeding for Democrats ahead of November’s midterm elections. The spending would not be rolled out until next year, if lawmakers pass the measure. However, Democrats are hoping that the public takes notice of the serious effort on the part of Democrats to create jobs.

Nothing but a political move amid the mid term elections.

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
They still haven't spent all of the money or created the promised jobs from the first round of Stimulus. Although, they did manage to spend $20 million on new Highway signs promoting the stimulus.

This new proposal is actually a 6 year plan. 6 years!!
It may be loaded up front with some extra cash but it is still 6 years.

So, let's just spend more money that we don't have. I just hope they are planning for the Obamacare funding Dam that is about to break.

This just makes my head spin....

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've oft wondered how giving taxpayer money to the companies that provide jobs to the taxpayers helps the taxpayers get jobs? Can someone explain that to me?

In some odd way, is that not what tax cuts and credits do?

Really, if you think about it:
a) take the money from the taxpayers and give it back to the employers
b) don't take the money in the first place.

What's the difference?

OH WAIT!!! I get it. The bail outs aren't going to the bread and butter employers; only the largest firms are receiving money. Friggin' government.

[edit on 9/7/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
They are pushing/selling this as an infrastructure plan. They used the same shovel ready rhetoric to push the first stimulus and we still have seen very little from it except new signs posted along routine construction zones that had been in the works long before the Obama stimulus.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The first bailout were not for the nations tax payer, that was the big lie about helping the big corporate rats, that helping them first was going to "trickle down" to the working class, actually this was not new Regan was the first one that came out with the same idea during his regime.

But this time the wealthiest kept the money, cut more into the working class to preserve their profits and still have cash stashed for more waste and mismanagement, many companies just took that money oversea.

Now is another part in the in fracture stimulus that is going to give more tax brakes to tax payer like Bush did, the problem is that is nothing but talks and at the end we all will pay for it.

I hate the arrogant way that our government lies, steals and cheats the nations working class and tax payer and still expect the people to support the corruption behind all this waste of tax payer money

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
They are pushing/selling this as an infrastructure plan. They used the same shovel ready rhetoric to push the first stimulus and we still have seen very little from it except new signs posted along routine construction zones that had been in the works long before the Obama stimulus.

We don't need jobs in infrastructure. Take a ride down the highway and see how many "workers" are simply standing there.

We need jobs that produce things, we need jobs that create things. We need the jobs that need people, lots of people.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

That part of the economy used to be call our industrial base, the bread and butter of the working middle class and what help build this nation to greatness, now is all gone.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

That part of the economy used to be call our industrial base, the bread and butter of the working middle class and what help build this nation to greatness, now is all gone.

And government policies that allow domestic companies to subcontract work outside of our country, then import the resulting products at a lower cost than the similar domestically produced product ...

Nevermind, I'm preaching to the choir here.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Most of the contractors that will benefit from these federal infrastructure contracts often use undocumented workers for the "hard labor" work.... So in essence this will stimulate the economy by giving illegals more opportunity for work in the US.... Go out and check some of the road work crews active now yourself, you'll find it is true.

These aren't jobs Americans wont do, they are jobs illegals (and green card immigrants) will do for far less and no benefits... There is no real oversight over these contractors, only that they meet the basic requirements and have the lowest bid on the job(s).

Jobs eh?

Right, only those who own the companies and corporations bidding on these federal contracts will be stimulated by this, and will in the end provide a finished product that is low quality crappy work at best, and likely be over budget and way beyond any scheduled completion date. In the process creating gridlock, massive traffic jams (increasing pollution) more accidents injuries and deaths while reducing productivity and adding to the average working American's stress levels, all while adding to the deficit billions of dollars in spending and debt few jobs (that can be counted) and much more burden on the taxpayers.

Just when it seems that this Administration couldn't possibly do anything more stupid, they prove me wrong.

Dumb asses.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Sorry, but have to ask:

Who is more stupid- the administration for doing what they are doing or the people that believe in the administration's actions?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Sorry, but have to ask:

Who is more stupid- the administration for doing what they are doing or the people that believe in the administration's actions?

Either or, does it really matter now?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

No only visas to bring workers but Bush and Obama also have signed individual tax payer incentives to countries like Pakistan, China and Indonesia to train workers that later on will be coming into the nation as skilled workers on visas trained with tax payer money.

But this type of news people never get to see on prime time news outlets

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It is funny that you bring that up, while is very true, I happen to live in an Area that had two building projects in my neck of the good, while most of the workers were "immigrants" down the street was a man with his family in his car and a sign that said "need help".

The police stop to remove the man from the place where he was park, but you didn't see no immigration patrol questioning the many immigrants working in the two building projects just down the road from this man and his family.

The irony

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by abecedarian

Sorry, but have to ask:

Either or, does it really matter now?

Yes, it does matter. We can begin the process of affecting REAL change- senators and representatives need pressure. Don't re-elect anyone.
Are your blinders that restricted?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I wish it was that easy, but taking into consideration that our "elected officials" in this country has become long term parasites of the political system they just get to be recycle like old trash over and over every election.

As you have seen we are not allowed most choices when it comes to the trash in Washington working "in the name of the people" but for those that "hold the fatest wallets"

top topics

join