It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Thank you indeed. THAT is worth far more to me than any amount of silly numbers.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hey SO.

Just out of curiosity, do you exempt posts from the calculation if said posts are made in a forum that does not permit starring of posts (such as this one?)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Just wouldnt let it go eh?

DD still pwns this place... don't matter.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

I for one will never judge anyone on their numbers.

There's an easy way to avoid the reverse: 73DF00

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yes I was considering that.

It just does not go with my avatar!!

Edit: unfortunately a simple wipe of the cursor denies ignorance.....

edit on 26/10/2010 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

S.Dog,

Now that is one genius suggestion!!!

Now I'm gonna have to change my avatar again to match the color but that I'll do happily.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

OK, In for a penny......

Just had to do it!!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You are all going to make me sick with that pukey green....

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
ok all you green goobers

That's against the T&C....You can't intentionally hide writing in the mini-profile avatar with a color. And it's been that way for just about ever.

And besides, that looks like....

goober.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TrueAmerican,

That's against T&C??

Ban me, baby.....

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
You are all going to make me sick with that pukey green....

Quite frankly, it was burning my retinas.

I wish there was a way to turn it off if we chose to though.

Oh well, like I said earlier anything that encourages quality contributions is always welcome.

Pfff ...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
well maybe less people will post on the forum now that their ego may get bruised due to their Karma.
Not sure why the old members did not get grandfather'd in and enforce this Karma towards the new members. Some of the old member around here mathematically will never have as good as Karma, as the new members.. With the number of post flags etc. etc.

Ever. Mathematically speaking it is statically impossible.

I am just saying, unless Karma, has some kinda reward towards it, I would pay it no mind, and hope perhaps it keeps the ego driven weak minded people from making stupid posts.
edit on 26-10-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

However, there are lots of members who contribute well, but may not start many threads; the KARMA score is for them. The karma calculation places a high weight on stars, a secondary weight on staff applause, and a tertiary lesser-weight on Flags; then compares all that against the number of posts. So that it is indeed possible for a new member with few threads, but great ideas in lots of replies, to achieve a higher "KARMA" than long-time high-WATS members.

So you're sayin that the more crappy threads I write, the lower my KARMA score goes.

If I use up all of my KARMA, does that mean ATS will unleash the hell-hounds to drag me off to perdition?

BTW, I STILL want my BTS smileys back.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Okey...

I love that you finally created a system that also shows the reply only members.

I really am a goal striver. Which means that when you need a number of whatever to reach a certain level, title or whatever that shows you did... I'm feeling butterflies from excitement each time this new goal gets close and I tend to work harder to achieve this new goal.

Not because I like people to see it, Which I still enjoy... Don't get me wrong.

I simply really need something to go for.

Like riding a car when you just got your liscence. I know people that spend hours on the road just for the love of it,
NOT ME ! I need a place to go a reason. Or I will not step in my car at all.

Please give us back the titles, bars, status symbols.... ?

Please ?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

edit on 26-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: nvm

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Oh well, like I said earlier anything that encourages quality contributions is always welcome.

S.Dog,

I respectfully disagree.... (surprise)

It is nice to get recognition in the form of stars and flags within the thread you are working but to plaster you achievements all over the site? How is that going to help generate quality?

People will be people and greed and vanity comes in all kind of forms and I am afraid that this system is generating a completely skewed view of what this site is about.....

denying ignorance!!!

"Quality" threads will make it to these boards regardless of rewards and previous achievements.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You know, this is really quite extraordinary ...

I see you changing all the background box shades to make sure that folks can't hide their stats with their background color choice. I mean honestly now, really? These are not only egometrics that mean next to nothing but more fundamentally they are generated by the user themselves, as such surely they should have the choice on whether they wish to display them or not. To go to these lengths to prevent someone who wishes to be less flaunting of their stats is quite frankly petty. What is it to you if I or anyone else shows what our post or wats count is?

This whole metrics thing is getting out of control ... not only that, but it goes fundamentally against the "focus on the post not the poster" mantra.

Be mad at me for saying so if you wish but UGH, waaaay to much "stuff" on the poster side.

God I miss the old color bars from 2 years ago that no one knew what they meant, back then no one knew the reason to resent one another or why they should care.

edit on 26 Oct 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Wow, I actually like being able to see these numbers on members posts, as a result I may be more inclined to click the member menu and check out other posts when a member has certain levels of numbers displayed.

In your case, either your shrinking "K" number is bothering you, or you'd rather hide the other massive numbers because it indicates little time for life offline.

Seriously, don't take it so seriously!

It's all good.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

In your case, either your shrinking "K" number is bothering you ...

Yup you figured it out, that's what this is all about.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Wow, he got mad at you for throwing us that color suggestion?? That is remarkable.

I salute you S.Dog and your post. Sorry for messing up your layout Skipper but if that's the way it gonna be, better without out me...... I am ready for my ban now mister S.O.

(It generates revenue......not quality. That's what this is about!!)

Peace and goodbye (I guess)

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join