It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This was stated by Aldous Huxley, a famous British novelist.

I just pretty much thought it would be interesting to have a discussion on this as it really struck a cord with me, and although it may have been used in a sarcastic way (not sure of its context), on its own it stands as a pretty interesting perspective.

Don't have much to add really, I thought it would make for an interesting discussion and thought it would be interesting to get member views on this, yes, especially religious views.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I dont think there is a general "hell" in the traditional sense.

For some this is heaven, for others hell, its relativity dear Watson.

hell and heaven are simply man's attemtp to categorize and give meaning to the unknown and afterlife. Nothing is so black and white, hot and cold, good and evil, .... we all occupy our own shade of grey.

dirty dirty grey.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I think H3ll is in the dungeons inside Phobos, or Deimos, the are named Fright and Fear after all..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

this certainly can´t be true.
because all the greedy, corrupt and twisted people orchestrating things are living the life of their dreams.

my take on this in a nutshell

certainly is a thought provoking statement though and probably serves for a nice discussion

S&F

[edit on 6-9-2010 by kn0wh0w]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I believe this world is what "we" make of it. Unfortunately, "we" are for the most part, destructive, negative, self-serving, greedy, hateful, wasteful parasites. Ahh, horraay hope!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Perhaps some of you will find the following passage from Philip K. Dick's book Now Wait for Last Year to be thought-provoking. I've posted it before on ATS, but I think it is relevant ot the OP's idea. The context is a private conversation between a physically and mentally tormented global leader and his doctor.

"...Listen, doctor. Here's what I want to ask you. Suppose you began to perform an org-trans operation on me, taking out my old stomach and putting in a new one, and something went wrong. It wouldn't hurt, would it? Because I'd be out. Could you do that?' He watched Eric's face. 'You understand me, don't you? I see you do.'

Behind them, at the closed door, the bodyguard stood impassively, keeping everyone else out, preventing them from hearing. This was for Eric alone. In utmost confidence.

'Why?' Eric said, after a time. Why not simply use Johannson's loger-magnum pistol? If this is what you want...'

'I don't know why, actually,' the Mole said. 'No one particular reason. The death of my wife, perhaps. Call it the responsibility I have to bear.. . and which I'm not managing to discharge properly, at least according to many people. I don't agree; I think I'm succeeding. But they don't understand all the factors in the situation.' He admitted, then, 'And I'm tired.'

'It - could be done,' Eric said truthfully.

'And you could do it?' The man's eyes blazed, keen and fixed on him. Sizing him up as each second ticked away.

'Yes, I could do it.' He held, personally, an odd view regarding suicide. Despite his code, the ethical under-structure of medicine, he believed - and it was based on certain very real experiences in his own life - that if a man wanted to die he had the right to die. He did not possess an elaborated rationalization to justify this belief; he had not even tried to construct one. The proposition, to him, seemed self-evident. There was no body of evidence which proved that life in the first place was a boon. Perhaps it was for some persons; obviously it was not for others. For Gino Molinari it was a nightmare. The man was sick, guilt-ridden, saddled with an enormous, really hopeless task: he did not have the confidence of his own people..and he did not enjoy the respect or trust or admiration of the [wartime enemy]. And then, above and beyond all that, lay the personal consideration, the events in his own private life, starting with the sudden, unexpected death of his wife and ending up with the pains in his belly. And then, too, Eric realized with acute comprehension, there was probably more. Factors known only to the Mole. Deciding factors which he did not intend to tell.

Source:
www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I personally believe this physical rock we call earth is the densest of several dimensions that surround it. The higher dimensions would be the heavenly realms, or spiritual "planets". This dense physical realm is hell if you like. We originate from the higher realms but somehow got entangled in this dimension. (We ate the forbidden fruit from the tree.)

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I don't think there is a Hell int he 'traditional' sense either, but thats not entirely what this is about. Rather, the philosophy behind the supposed existence of something which is 'imposed' on one who lives negatively, etc, etc. I don't really know... it can be approached from so many directions, a favorite here would probably be the whole 'dimensional' theory. I just think its an interesting perspective.

reply to post by silent thunder

Well that was interesting, I had to re-read to try and comprehend what was going on. Food for thought, thanks.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Keep in mind that the cushy elite are only a tiny fraction of the world's population. There's over 6 billion of us and that tiny elite is hoarding all the money in a system where you need to buy your essential amenities. In reference to the quote, that elite are the taskmasters/daemons driving the hellfire furnace in which we live. Refusing to change the system and giving us false hope in that they donate a little of their money to treat symptoms of our pain.

Those that do not conform to this system of forced scarcity are declared sick, weird or outsiders. Untouched tribes in wilderness areas (the few that still exist) have almost all been 'touched'. There's little respect in a world driven by greed.

This world has a lot of suffering. There's much pain, tragedy and needless loss of life. Everyone has problems that need solving, some artificial and some real. Happiness is something to 'work' for according to the system, like it has to be something to be earned.

Seems this interpretation fits the quote.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Some have brought the elites into this and I say us normal people don't really have it that bad. Do you need a private jet and resort reservations to be happy? We need very little in life to be happy.

I told one of my friends that I believe in a way we go in and out of "heaven" and "hell," as you can't know one without the others, earlier insinuating that earth in itself was a spiritual realm.

It was funny because without really thinking about it he asked me "If we are in heaven now, you think we're going to hell after this then?" A good question but the great thing is he assumed we were in "heaven."

The only situation on this earth that would make me unhappy (and that I understand in others surely) is if I had kids and got laid off and couldn't provide them the life I wanted to. But if that was me I would certainly be trying to help them look at life a little deeper. Some would say my life sucks but it's caused me to dig deeper and I'd say it was worth it. I wouldn't have it any other way.

The young elites have no time to introspect, they are probably brainwashed worse than we are (from the meeting to the party) into the perspective that mankind is cattle to be prodded by them. Thanks but no thanks, I'd rather be forced to take the time to realize where my feet are, than have a perfect life with no challenges. I'd rather learn to appreciate humanity for all it's faults and triumphs, than to live the sort of lie they live.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

you aint seen nothing yet. this video a dying man claims that he saw a part of hell. doesn't seem like its here on earth. he could be delusional but see for yourself. he starts talking about it at 3:52.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don't think this would be a hell, since hell is traditionally a place of punishment for unrepented "sins". For it to be a punishment, it seems like a memory of what it is you are getting punished for would be required.

People don't have memories of past-life "wrongdoings"...so no to that idea of hell.

Of course it may jsut be like Jean Paul Sartre said; "Hell is other people."

new topics

top topics

join