It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The African GM Food Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Here is a story that probably won't shock many of the readers here on ATS. Nevertheless, it is a story that needs to be told, because it involves the enslavement of the entire African continent to one company. The implications of this are enormous and potentially devastating - and I am only focusing on Africa - but this is playing out all over the world. Here are some of the major players:

1. Monsanto
2. Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation (founder member of AGRA)
3. Rockefeller Foundation (founder member of AGRA)
4. Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA),
5. Kofi Annan (ex-United Nations leader and Chairman of the Board of AGRA and Bilderberger)

The Story
Monsanto is using AGRA, The Bill Gates Foundation and various other strategic partners to dominate the agricultural market in Africa. This is a story that involves
The Bilderbergers, Rockefellers and even Goldman Sachs.

What is AGRA?
AGRA purports to be an organisation whose primary goal is to help African farmers in the following way:

AGRA works to achieve a food secure and prosperous Africa through the promotion of rapid, sustainable agricultural growth based on
smallholder farmers. Smallholders--the majority women--produce most of Africa's food, and do so with minimal resources and little
government support. AGRA aims to ensure that smallholders have what they need to succeed: good seeds and healthy soils; access to markets,
information, financing, storage and transport; and policies that provide them with comprehensive support. Through developing Africa's
high-potential breadbasket areas, while also boosting farm productivity across more challenging environments,
AGRA works to transform smallholder agriculture into a highly productive, efficient, sustainable and competitive system, and do so
while protecting the environment

www.agra-alliance.org...

Sounds great doesn't it? So what's the problem with the above quote, taken from AGRA's website?

The Conspiracy
Take a close look at some of their partners, management and alliances:

1. Seeds of Development Program:

SODP activities are supported in part by Market Matters Inc., DFID,
The Alliance for A Green Revolution in Africa, Monsanto Corp., the Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture, USAID, and participating companies

sodp.marketmattersinc.org...

2. Syngenta:

is a large global Swiss agribusiness company which notably markets seeds and pesticides.
Syngenta is involved in biotechnology and genomic research

en.wikipedia.org...
Chairman: Martin Taylor (it gets interesting):

He has attended many meetings of the Bilderberg Group and served as Secretary General for several years.Taylor is currently an international adviser to Goldman Sachs

en.wikipedia.org...(businessman)
www.bilderberg.org...

3. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation:

Bill Gates buys Ecolab Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. The, Monsanto Company, during the 3-months ended 06/30/2010

www.gurufocus.com...,104835,104835#msg-104835

Need more proof?

The Gates Foundation has hired Rob Horsch, Monsanto's vice president for international development partnerships

www.organicconsumers.org...

I believe I have exposed the tip of the iceberg with this short article, but I encourage you to visit the links or google to find out more.

More sources:
Kofi Annan and AGRA
www.foodfirst.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Uh, well, they already ruined their reputation nearly everywhere else, i can see how Africa would be the next target.

i mean the Argentinian experience is a complete desaster, which everyone ignores, while they've been officially thrown out of Indonesia, see

www.grain.org...

... so i can see why they'd seek new opportunities in lands filled with suckers who aren't yet jaded (or ruined).

PS: for all who haven't actively sought this topic on this board, here are a couple of links:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2010.9.3 by Long Lance]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

That is exactly why Monsanto are hiding behind front organisations like this and using people like Kofi Annan to promote these organisations.
Why is the Bill Gates Foundation so involved (founder member)? Are they as philanthropic as we are lead to believe?
On the basis of the evidence that I provided, it seems they are not.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

The Gates foundation is totally involved with the Criminals. They are as corrupt as all the others. A few Google searches will show you what they are involved in, and therefore the agenda to which they are fully paid up members.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I agree with you, this is terrible and its happening all over the world. It is nothing other than a concerted effort to enforce agri-enslavement.

The consequences for our wonderful planet, on the eco balance and on our food supplies are enormous and extremely dire.

I believe Monsanto is the most evil corporation on earth. We have to fight this.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I wonder if Bill Gates is aware and/or responsible for the decisions, or is he just being manipulated by higher powers.

Why are governments still being taken in by the GM promises despite so much evidence showing that GM crops are not only (in most cases) less effective than the crops they are supposed to be replacing, but in some cases are causing a lot of damage (soil, health, economic).

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Good thread, this is all being pushed via the U.N's world food program.

Here's something for you:

What is interesting is that even though she denied that Monsanto ever funded her in her pro-GMO campaign, Dr Wambugu nevertheless admitted that she gets money from such bodies as the United States Development Agency (USAid), Rockefeller Foundation, Dupont and CropLife International.

source

Next year the Kenyan authorities will begin testing maize varieties that they hope will provide high yields and prove more resistant to drought. They will become dependent on large seed producers such as Monsanto, which have patent protection and thus a monopoly. This means Monsanto will regulate the countries food source and can create a famine by withdrawing.

The presence of carcinogenic (cancer causing) compounds such as gluphosates in chemicals like herbicides and pesticides also puts the user at a great risk of contracting cancerous ailments. These compounds are known to act by causing genetic mutations in the body thus leading to uncontrolled multiplication of cells resulting into cancer. The GM percentage will be 5.0%!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ridiculous, every time i see the name Rockefeller i know something sinister is taking place. Yet people are given this false image of hope, and the government....through campaigns are fooling the public into thinking GM is harmless. BTW people in Africa are fooled quite easily!

edit: spelling

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Serizawa]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Monsanto Banned in Europe.

Monsanto is a chemical company posing as an agricultural company specializes in toxic, dependency-creating, genetically-engineered crops and pharmaceuticals. Monsanto is one of the world’s most notorious multinationals that has been caught red-handed for bribery, false studies and evaluations, and paying off scientists for favorable reports. It has been responsible for over 10,000 farmer suicides and thousands of poisoned sheep in India alone. Its GE products are banned in countries including in Europe after painful experiences.

Terminator seeds.

In June 2007, Monsanto acquired Delta & Pine Land Company, a company that had been involved with a seed technology nicknamed “Terminator”, which produces plants that produce sterile seed to prevent farmers from replanting their crop’s seed, and are instead forced to continue purchasing seeds from Monsanto for every planting. In recent years, widespread opposition from environmental organizations and farmer associations has grown, mainly out of the concerns that these seeds increase farmers’ dependency on seed suppliers (having to buy these each year for seeding new crops)

Terminator technology refers to plants that have been genetically modified to render sterile seeds at harvest – it is also called Genetic Use Restriction Technology or GURTS. Terminator technology was developed by the multinational seed/agrochemical industry and the United States government to prevent farmers from saving and re-planting harvested seed.

Source

Additionally the Gates Foundation, Monsanto, and other corporate interests are investing in a doomsday seed bank, in which they will own the world’s agricultural gene pool. They are storing seeds from all over the world. In the event of genetic disaster, they will own the surviving gene pool.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Serizawa]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

Serizawa, thanks for your comments and links ... definitely food for thought (excuse the pun)

I think we should also be careful not to only point fingers at Monsanto, but also at its ugly step-sister Syngenta and other companies that are jumping on the GM bandwagon.

Once again Africa and Asia is becoming the dumping ground for the rest of the world's failed experiments.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I recently found a list of the Big 6 Genetic Engineering companies:

1. Monsanto
2. Pioneer Hi-Bred International (Du Pont)
3. Syngenta AG
4. Dow Agrosciences
5. BASF
6. Bayer Cropscience

Source

The linked source is a great start if you are trying to learn more about GM Companies because it also lists many of the smaller players.

new topics

top topics

join