It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NY Mosque Controversy. Summed Up In One Picture.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakeUpOrDie

Building of this mosque in NYC = another peg in the Islamization of America.

Geerts speech = a warning to America about the Islamization of America.

Anyway so I guess because you can't prove him wrong and only tell me what you 'think', that its no longer relevant now. got it!

Originally posted by americandingbat
reply to post by wakeUpOrDie

I don't think that this thread is the place for an in-depth discussion of Geert Wilders' speech, actually.

She was being polite. What you are trying to do is derail this thread.

You pasted two pages of rambling trash from his speech.

You didn't speak to any point that you wanted to discuss specifically from that speech. Just a couple of pages of cut and paste.

You didn't even provide a link to the speech.

I just searched thread titles and found a couple dozen threads dedicated to discussing Geertz...perhaps go to one of them or pick a relative fact he discussed, relate it to this topic maybe someone will respond.

link   

So, you talk to your Muslim friends about their faith this way?

So what religion would be allowed in your world?

link   
reply to post by poet1b

I think it's ironic you dare to speak of "freedom" when every single post you make is in favor of taking freedom away from US citizens.

link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by LarryLove

How does the Islamic Community Centre in New York directly affect your life? What freedoms will you lose?

It brings me, as a member of the human race race, one step closer to the next bloody world war.

All my freedoms are at stake, and the freedoms of my descendants as well.

It's rhetoric like yours which will START the next bloody world war.

I hope you remember that when you realize you've contributed to the problem, not the solution.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You really believe that we are at war between Islam and Christianity? On some levels, I would agree, but not to the point our freedoms are at risk.

Thank you for answering my question. I hadn't realized this community centre was going to affect your life this way.

Edit: My last paragraph is sarcastic. Come on dude, you seriously believe this stuff?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Just because you don't agree with his past statements, does not mean you can't evaluate them in context with new views on something he's been so critical of.

face to palm:

Oh boy... what happened to logic? I CAN evaluate a speech without looking at the background of the person who wrote it. Its not taking anything out of context. I don't know of anyone who takes someone and 100% agrees witih everything they say or 100% disagrees. OF COURSE someone can write a speech I agree with, and then that someone can write another speech I don't agree with.

Take the speech on its own, and show me something in it that isn't true.

I see a lot of beating around the bush, attacking of the messenger Because the message itself cannot be debunked.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Clearly you are against constitutional rights, and it is big of you to admit this.

And you openly support bigotry.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

One that:

- doesn't promote honor killings
- one that doesn't still practice stoning people to death
- one where women aren't treated like garbage.

how about that for starters.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Please LINK the speech so I may read it in it's entirety.

And you haven't provided anything which proves his comments as correct either my friend, but we shall see, I"ll be happy to show you the error you've made following an extremists viewpoint.

It's kind of ironic that people try to "defend" themselves against what they consider extremists with extremist ideals.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I am what you would consider a far-right thinker, however, all the infighting and bickering is exactly what TPTB want us to be doing. We are all brothers, and as such, should treat others the way we wish to be treated EVEN when they DON'T treat us as we think they should. But why dirty ourselves by stooping to such levels as fighting over one another's beliefs. This is AMERICA folks. I respect your right to disagree with me. Love you all, brothers! I QUIT both parties.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Gert Wilder isn't a xenophobe, he is no stranger to Islam.

You really don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

How about one that doesn't take us to war that results in the death of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraq and Afghan people?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakeUpOrDie

Originally posted by LarryLove

One that:

- doesn't promote honor killings
- one that doesn't still practice stoning people to death
- one where women aren't treated like garbage.

how about that for starters.

You have been misinformed. Islam does not promote that kind of thing. Fanatics do, Christians and Muslims alike.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

What do you do when one religion believes it is the will of God for them to destroy other religions?

You mean like each and every one of the big ones at one point or another? Usually i tend to ignore them, and thank god that we do not live in a Theocracy.

reply to post by MrXYZ

Supposedly this Imam is a good guy, but why is he building a mosque, that so many oppose, and only increases the hatred?

Any reasonable person would back off, and find another site.

If there is already a Mosque in the area, why must they build another?

It's too small. Thats also why he wants to have the community center in lower manhattan. Because that is where his congregartion need it. "Just build it somewhere else" ... in lower manhattan??? Are you serious?

3rd: you (and a lot of others in the past) have brought the completely ridiculous analogy of building a church in mecca.
First of all Mecca and Medina aren't like Manhattan. If you can compare them to a "Western" holy place only thing i can think of is Vatican City. Suprise: There are no Mosques in Vatican City.
2nd: And i would be really greatful if you could answer this: Do you think western societies should model freedom of lifestyle choices/Religion(same thing if you ask me) after Saudi Arabia?
Alcohol is forbidden in Saudi Arabia too. Should we outlaw alcohol? If not, why not?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I linked the speech earlier in the thread. And I also stated early, please by all means, show me where he is wrong. Go ahead please!

And FYI... most people would agree witih me rather than you and the 5 or 6 other liberal islamosupporters that pop up and flood any of the threads dealing with this mosque in ATS.

in the mood for a good stoning today are we? how about a 15 year old Muslim wife accused of cheating that didn't. Islam is so peaceful!

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Please LINK the speech so I may read it in it's entirety.

And you haven't provided anything which proves his comments as correct either my friend, but we shall see, I"ll be happy to show you the error you've made following an extremists viewpoint.

It's kind of ironic that people try to "defend" themselves against what they consider extremists with extremist ideals.

~Keeper

link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Clearly you are against constitutional rights, and it is big of you to admit this.

And you openly support bigotry.

Well then, please tell me where I am against constitutional rights then...or how am I a bigot?

link   
Double post

Removed

edited

[edit on 3-9-2010 by maybereal11]

link   

I hope you remember that when you realize you've contributed to the problem, not the solution.

The same back at ya. At least I bothered to learn something before forming my opinion.

link   

Gert Wilder isn't a xenophobe, he is no stranger to Islam.

You really don't know what you are talking about.

By all means Poet, educate me. What exactly am I missing which will make me realize that he's not a xenophobe?

Anybody who wants people to who are already immigrated and established in a nation to be paid to LEAVE because of their religion, regardless of whether they have been shown to be extremists, is a xenophobe IMO.

I'd be hard pressed to find a better example.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Mr Wilde's wild beliefs are outlandish, racist, bigoted, unjust, inciting and directed to enthuse far right wing mindsets. He is as fundamentalist as the extremes of Christianity and Islam.

Why should I pay attention to Geert's wild claims?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join