It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will the Major Media say if the Republicans win both Houses of Congress in November?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by MrXYZ

....I gave Fox a pass.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by BigDaveJr]

This should be a t-shirt at GOP conventions. It sums it up well..

In a 2008 survey by pew respondants ranked Fox less believable than CNN, NPR, ABC, NBC and MSNBC...

www.stateofthemedia.org...

I just think it is telling that the least credible news organization, is the organization that gets a pass...

The hard truth is that dishonesty makes the GOP and Fox bedfellows by neccessity.

"I gave Fox a Pass"....seriously, make a t-shirt.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It won't happen. A shift of that magnitude has not happened since the 1930's, and the political landscape was far different. I do think that the dems will lose one of the houses, but not both. If anything, the Tea Partiers may spoil the soup for the Republicans by splitting the vote.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
No matter what happens,

I think that the election coverage is going to be THE most watched. I hope the media gets some good commercials like they do for the super bowl!

Get the popcorn ready!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

I could accept the Republicans making gains in the Senate,but the Dems keeping control.With 5-6 seats the Republicans could keep the Senate bogged down forever and Obama's plans would be thwarted.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I honestly thinkt he news outlets will be trying to explain how they were wrong in thier predictions of a GOP landslide.

The GOP will gain a couple of seats...and they deserve to, not by thier merits, but by failure of the Democrats to mobilize thier base among other things.

But the GOP is fractured and this will lessen the impact. They have also nominated a few politically vulnerbale folks that are going to have difficulty winning in the general election.

Even if the GOP wins by the margin they hope..it will not be by a large enough margin to offset...wait for it...democratic fillibuster...just like the GOP has employed...and even if things get railroded through the POTUS has a veto stamp.

Interesting times.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I have a feeling NBC,ABC,CBS,CNN and MSNBC will call it a tempor tantrum by stupid, bitter,white Republicans and Tea Partiers who are racists. I think the coverage will be similar to what it was in 1994. I think they will go into trying to save Obama's 2012 Election big time after this by saying He's holding the crazies in Congress in check. What do Y'all think?

No, but it will prove that the Tea Party movement was just a GOP re branding effort...

It will be business as usual - deregulate a heavily regulated binary system of money in the appearance of promoting business. We shall do it all over again... The good part is producers will get wealthier like they did in this last round and they will invest their money to create jobs

in India

Maybe Obama should sign Every bill he gets, save eight years of error and trial.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

reply to post by MrXYZ

....I gave Fox a pass.

In a 2008 survey by pew respondants ranked Fox less believable than CNN, NPR, ABC, NBC and MSNBC...

I just think it is telling that the least credible news organization, is the organization that gets a pass...

The hard truth is that dishonesty makes the GOP and Fox bedfellows by neccessity.

Statements like this crack me up. Are you people even in touch with reality or are you so blinded with hate that you choose to ignore facts at will? FOX News kicks the ass of NPR, MSNBC and CNN constantly. Attached is a link to the latest TV ratings for Obama's address. O'Reilly and Beck whoop Maddow and Olberman every single night of every week by at least 4 viewers to 1. Love FOX or hate them at least be honest enough to admit that they are the most watched.

tvbythenumbers.com...

America, like it or not, is generally conservative. There are twice as many right-wingers as there are left but even moderates lean more to the right than to the left. Here is a link to the latest Rasmussen poll which shows why Americans will elect the GOP in November.

www.rasmussenreports.com... s_increase_government_spending

[I am having trouble getting this shortcut to post. Please go to this link and read the Breaking Poll headline article.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Is the GOP getting elected a good thing or bad thing? Well, if they act like free spending quasi-liberals as they have in the past then America may just break the two-party monopoly that now exists. Come to think of it that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Personally I believe that even the MSM is touting a GOP rout in the hopes that it will not be as bad as predicted so that they can place obama back on his pedestal and recharge the tingle that runs up Matthews' leg.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by GrampsLEn]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

....I gave Fox a pass.

Hell yes! I am sitting here recovering from those nuclear bombs Saddam launched upon us, thinking about how productive a ten year long war has been and I agree!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GrampsLEn

America, like it or not, is generally conservative.

Well...at least the couch potatoes are generally conservative.

Fox News is on 24/7 in nursing homes around the world...old guard and all that.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrampsLEn

reply to post by MrXYZ

....I gave Fox a pass.

Statements like this crack me up. Are you people even in touch with reality or are you so blinded with hate that you choose to ignore facts at will? FOX News kicks the ass of NPR, MSNBC and CNN constantly. Attached is a link to the latest TV ratings for Obama's address. O'Reilly and Beck whoop Maddow and Olberman every single night of every week by at least 4 viewers to 1. Love FOX or hate them at least be honest enough to admit that they are the most watched.

tvbythenumbers.com...

America, like it or not, is generally conservative. There are twice as many right-wingers as there are left but even moderates lean more to the right than to the left. Here is a link to the latest Rasmussen poll which shows why Americans will elect the GOP in November.

www.rasmussenreports.com... s_increase_government_spending

Is the GOP getting elected a good thing or bad thing? Well, if they act like free spending quasi-liberals as they have in the past then America may just break the two-party monopoly that now exists. Come to think of it that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Personally I believe that even the MSM is touting a GOP rout in the hopes that it will not be as bad as predicted so that they can place obama back on his pedestal and recharge the tingle that runs up Matthews' leg.

Gramps, FOX news is a great business, you confuse business with substance and quality, American idol is a great business also

Fox thru its extreme polarization is very key to the two party system, Ground Zero Mosques, Muslim Presidents, torture is OK if the government deems it so, but the government is bad. Using public money is bad, unless it goes to paying for bombs
to perpetuate more war, more taxes. Bombs are fine, but healthcare is dangerous,
WE THE PEOPLE IS GREAT, as long as Corporations can fund the electoral system and
undermine the people at every step.

You guys do not realize that this Liberalization of Conservatism has been largely shaped by FOX news. Who generates the "conservative message?", it seems this message always conflicts with the principles so many of you seem to believe in...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

What a silly and childish response. Just ignore Nielsen, Rasmussen and all other polls if you so choose but you do so at your own peril. This just proves my point. ATS is inundated with ostriches who bury their heads in the sand.

The liberals are finished in DC. We will throw out the Dems and if the GOP does not toe the line then we will throw them out too. Little obama will be as lame a lame duck as one could be. Hooray!!!

Hopefully all of DC will go on a nice long vacation for 2 years and stop enacting BS laws that hurt more than help the economy.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Janky you make a fundamantal mistake when you non-FOX viewers stereotype us conservatives so easily. You make the same mistake with Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, Levin, etal. Why would you assume that we are so easily swayed by what we hear or see? We watch FOX and listen to those pundits because they come the closest to our already-held beliefs. You think that if they would just go away we could become re-educated. Wrong! We have always been here. We just have not spoken up before so loudly and so forcifully because we have never before felt so threatened.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

What a silly and childish response. Just ignore Nielsen, Rasmussen and all other polls if you so choose but you do so at your own peril. This just proves my point. ATS is inundated with ostriches who bury their heads in the sand.

The liberals are finished in DC. We will throw out the Dems and if the GOP does not toe the line then we will throw them out too. Little obama will be as lame a lame duck as one could be. Hooray!!!

Hopefully all of DC will go on a nice long vacation for 2 years and stop enacting BS laws that hurt more than help the economy.

Did you not see the GOPS last performance??? They will pass the same laws they have in the past, they will Toe the Lines for the mega rich in the name of "freedom".
It will just as much a use of government and you guys better hope it trickles down this time. Diminish capital requirements and re vamp speculation, both create money, incredible wealth, however we all foot the bill. So if you do not distinguish between
sustainable commerce and drive by profitability thru elite funded schemes you should be happy. Do you think the GOP has changed???

the date, has changed

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I think the Republicans(If they at least win the House and make nice gains in the Senate) this time will be more Conservative,because there has been a Conservative shift in this Country and I believe in the GOP. If there's not been,watch for a Tea Party political party(which would syphen off Conservative Republicans and make the GOP a party of RINOS).

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Janky you make a fundamantal mistake when you non-FOX viewers stereotype us conservatives so easily. You make the same mistake with Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, Levin, etal. Why would you assume that we are so easily swayed by what we hear or see? We watch FOX and listen to those pundits because they come the closest to our already-held beliefs. You think that if they would just go away we could become re-educated. Wrong! We have always been here. We just have not spoken up before so loudly and so forcifully because we have never before felt so threatened.

Clearly that is why so many of you watch FOX, they consistently promote things that
go against your conservative views. Which station promoted the Bush "liberalism"
so many conservatives hate??? They serve as an approximation, then promote the
corporatist agenda which is not the true agenda of conservatism. Because it is close
enough you tune in...

Imagine if you removed the meaning of a red light at a traffic signal...

stating "RED LIGHTS DON'T COUNT!"

By definition it is still a traffic signal isn't it???

My point is, if you guys in conservative America want real change, you will have to remember that you guys are not Corporatists, are you??? You have to remember that you do share an approximation of corporatist features, FOX helps that feature win everytime. Instead of a free market place, they sell you an approximation, you accept
because it smells like the real deal,,, but it is not.

FOX is the threat to what all of you claim to want... Liberals do not control your policy
do they???

You need to look in house my friend

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I think the Republicans(If they at least win the House and make nice gains in the Senate) this time will be more Conservative,because there has been a Conservative shift in this Country and I believe in the GOP. If there's not been,watch for a Tea Party political party(which would syphen off Conservative Republicans and make the GOP a party of RINOS).

Big Dave -

The problem is the GOP and conservatives in general depend on the RINO type-

I assume at least 10% of the base are old people who love their social security.

Many are businessmen who enjoy getting those government subsidies and grants.

Do you think even half of the GOP would support the abolishment of the DOE?

Conservatives depend upon Rino's, they help bank the vote in a major way and they
"liberalize" your policy, while other corporatize in other actions.

I mean do you want to get rid of the Public Police Department???

More than a few Conservatives here on ATS do, would that make you a RINO if you don't???

Do you see what I mean dropping the politics side for a second?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Interesting points,Janky,I'll have to ponder that for a bit!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

....I gave Fox a pass.

Statements like this crack me up. Are you people even in touch with reality or are you so blinded with hate that you choose to ignore facts at will? FOX News kicks the ass of NPR, MSNBC and CNN constantly. Attached is a link to the latest TV ratings

My post was about credibility not ratings. You seem to be confused about the two. The Simpsons are not real people by the way.

I don't need to go to the link to know what it show. Rasmussen is Notoriously right leaning.

Wikipedia..

Rasmussen’s reported job approval ratings for President Obama [5] are typically several points lower than Gallup’s
The Center for Public Integrity listed his firm as having been paid $95,500 by the Republican National Committee and $45,500 by the George W. Bush
Republicans often use his polling to make their arguments.

Et cetera...et cetera...Rasmussen has always been right leaning and often innaccurate in thier polls...google "rasmussen got it wrong" for a look at thier history.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy
If anything, the Tea Partiers may spoil the soup for the Republicans by splitting the vote.

I think that's what will happen in 2012, allowing Obama to win again, and anyway the electronic voting machines can be rigged. But they will run Sarah Palin or someone else from the fake tea party against an actual libertarian/constitutionalist like Ron Paul, splitting Republicans and some independents with Obama running alone on the democratic ticket.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

If Obama's poll numbers keep dropping,Democrats will run against Him in 2012.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join