It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief History of the Apocalypse...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hello everyone who reads this, I came across some stuff I wanted to share with all of you
. I've been seeing a lot of doom and gloom posts about the end coming for awhile and I think its time to hopefully ease some minds and deny ignorance. Below is a link to a site that has recorded all the apocalyptic dates and much more. The first one I really got to live through was 2000
.. So don't buy into it and live your life to the fullest and continue to contribute cause tomorrow is not promised!!

ca. 4,500,000,000 AD The sun will swell into a red giant star, swallowing Mercury, Venus, Earth, and perhaps Mars. This will be the true end of the world!

A Brief History of the Apocalypse

The 21st century has begun in earnest! And despite the cries of doomsayers, psychics and prophets, the world has not come to an end! Is the idea that the End is near a recent phenomenon? Far from it. Indeed, Chicken Littles have crying doom since ancient times. The aim of this page is to debunk end-time prophecy by listing hundreds of failed doomsday predictions, allay the fears spread by end-time preachers, and demonstrate that doomcrying is nothing new. I also hope you will derive amusement from some of the more bizarre prophecies. I have strived for accuracy through careful cross-referencing among source materials. I'm constantly adding new information and correcting mistakes, yet there may still be some errors. Please journey with me through the wild, wacky and wonderful world of failed doomsday prophecy!

It really is a great site, everyone should give it a read.

%spmc

[edit on 28-8-2010 by spmc215]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spmc215

While I agree there have been many predictions forecasting the ends of time, I just have to wonder at our current situation..

Our money and assets are being stolen at record pace.
Our "representative" goverment is ignoring our opinion.
War is a daily event on many fronts.

The above are the facts.
On the conspiracy side I could go on and on..

Scientists lying to us.
Missing trillions.
Increased natural disasters.
Whistleblowers being silenced...

It all seems to point to something about to happen.

What?? I have no idea and maybe thats how they want us to be, confused, scared and divided.. All IMHO..

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

I hear what your saying that it seems to be building up to something and I hope it does. I hope all of this builds up to the people not taking **** and start thinking for themselves. We still have a lot of work to do

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
people always think the world will end, but this is not true. the world will still be here spinning on it's axis and going along it's orbit long after we are gone. when people say the end of the world, what they really mean is the end of mankind.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

I know I understand that concept I just like to dream we will be here till the end maybe then we can control our suns fate as we move through the civilization tiers. We just gotta make it to tier one which is proven to be the most difficult.
When I talk about the tiers of civilization i speak of the Kardshev scale.

Kardashev Scale

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by spmc215

Nothing infuriates me more than these ratbag Christians with their hope of Armageddon with Christ coming back to save their lazy asses. It seems that we're here on this physical plane for some sort of spiritual purpose while every passing day indicates that we've blown it big time. Irrespective of religious beliefs this seems to be the pattern. The Christians have divided humanity into 2 groups, good & evil with the good guys: them,.. blaming the bad guys for blowing it. Sorry boys it doesn't work that way, we ARE our brothers' keepers and humanity either makes it as a whole or we blow it as a whole, got it boys? The Christians and other religions too are always blaming the "other guy" for evil on this planet so if the exercise fails and we blow the planet up WE HAVE ALL FAILED. That's logic and that's the truth I don't care what your dusty old book says. If humanity is failing then it's up to those who still have their sanity to educate the ones who have lost their way. No cop outs, no blame games!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Good find. This is a great website.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The end of the world as extinction: nah.

The end of the world as we know it: Yes

Which one is much more likely to happen by 2012:

1. World economic collapse.
2. World War 3
3. Major earth catastrophe

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think all 3 are extremely likely to happen before 2012.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Mike Bara, Richard Hoagland's former co-author, has just come out with a new book, The Choice, about preparation for the 2012 armageddon scenario.

Unfortunately Mike is extremely ignorant in some of the subjects he touches on (astronomy, physics) and the book has a factual error on almost every page.
dorkmission.blogspot.com...

Sad to see such utter rubbish finding a publisher....

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Interesting times, spmc215

An Apocalypse (Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or " revelation") is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind. Source wiki.

What is WikiLeaks doing now? Lifting the veil, revealing things to the majority of mankind.

I think many apocalyptic predictions could be examples where a single person has lifted just a small portion of the veil and seen into another reality - either a revelating message or an illussion of distraction.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by felixq78
reply to post by spmc215

Nothing infuriates me more than these ratbag Christians with their hope of Armageddon with Christ coming back to save their lazy asses. It seems that we're here on this physical plane for some sort of spiritual purpose while every passing day indicates that we've blown it big time. Irrespective of religious beliefs this seems to be the pattern. The Christians have divided humanity into 2 groups, good & evil with the good guys: them,.. blaming the bad guys for blowing it. Sorry boys it doesn't work that way, we ARE our brothers' keepers and humanity either makes it as a whole or we blow it as a whole, got it boys? The Christians and other religions too are always blaming the "other guy" for evil on this planet so if the exercise fails and we blow the planet up WE HAVE ALL FAILED. That's logic and that's the truth I don't care what your dusty old book says. If humanity is failing then it's up to those who still have their sanity to educate the ones who have lost their way. No cop outs, no blame games!

Ratbags and lazy asses?
Maybe you are who you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bputman

None

top topics

join