It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan warns India against conducting nuclear tests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yesterday Japan's Foreign Minister warned against conducting any new nuclear tests, saying such a move would force a halt to any civilian nuclear cooperation between the two countries.
However, given that India's Atomic Energy Market is worth 150 billion dollar's I highly doubt they're going to heed that warning.

Link
[edit on 25-8-2010 by ATLien]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit - Please provide more of your own thoughts on presented material.

[edit on Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:24:41 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Japan Vs. India...Lol that would be interesting and unexpected

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Don't underestimate the Japanese. I see them rising to power now they got out from underneath the US's thumb. They are more advanced technologically speaking. And they are determined to rise up and gain back the power they once had before WW2. They don’t have a sizable force yet but its growing. I have seen it with my own eyes.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkice19

I would say you are wrong.

I don't see them ever trying to build that level of military again unless someone actually poses a threat to them.

All the Japanese people I've known never expressed interests in war, and nothing I've seen would suggest they are.

Even here theres no threat other than "Uhhh well we wont help you anymore!"

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I would agree with you at the moment.

However, the Japanese are very disciplined and have a structured society that has the last laugh. Meaning that should the Government lay on the propaganda, a lot of youth, who look up to their elders far more than they do in the western world, will listen.

I'm just saying it's possible but I see absolutely no trend towards that now. War has been burned as a truly terrible experience into the minds of the people via their culture and entertainment.

Besides, a lot of people still remember the horrors of the Atom Bombs.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Right now the Japanese constitution forbids them to have a military. But they are allowed a defense force which includes some serious hardware.
They have a nice little navy right now that is growing.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
India performing another test means a couple of things.

Possible new design for a warhead.

Pakistan is having many problems right now. A historical enemy doing anything is considered a confrontation.

China would have much more to say on a test than Japan. They have territorial disputes with India. This action by India may open a weapons race with China.

Finally, you should look into Tom Clancy's book "Debt of Honor". An interesting read for a couple of reasons.

new topics

top topics

join