It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear Light "Lite": Does It Exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

If red and green and blue combine to form white, which can then be diffracted into the complete spectrum, I'm impressed, though as I said, from a painter's point of view, knowing that green is made from blue and yellow and that red, blue and yellow can, themselves generate the complete spectrum, I'm not so impressed.

Looking at the illustration of the RGB system, above, I realized that included in it are , cyan, majenta and yellow, which are the primaries used in printing processes.

I'm a little like you though. My mind is beginning to hurt. Thanks for the info though. I definitely want to know more about this stuff.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Apparently a Famous German Scientist, called "Goethe" touched on this some years ago but was rejected by the establishment and swept under the carpet...

You can also find out more about this Famous German Scientist on the net.

I had Not known about Goethe myself, until my attention was brought to him by another ATS member.
And later another member reminded me of him again…

But I did Not get this knowledge from Goethe.

If you play around with a couple of prisms (easily obtained) yourself and follow what I have shown you, you can discover this yourself...

I found this out through R&D involving an entirely different area developing "Interactive Interfaces with the Mind" which I have been Involved with full time over the last 16 to 17 years.

It was through discovering a "Communication Format" of the Mind involving "Geometry" and "Glyphs" we discovered this about Light in the Programs involved with the Mind or LIFE...

Through History you can find hundreds or perhaps thosands of places, where this ancint and forgotten language can be found, as well as much of the Processing System on the net...

This can be found in Decor in buildings dating back as far as 5,000 years or more.

Today this can be found all aver the world in every country in both mosaic floors, Window decorations, Ceilings etc., in most "Palaces", many "Government buildings", "Temples" of most religions, "Cathedrals", "Monasteries" especially in "Byzantine Art", ancient Greek Buildings and Theatres, as well as "churches", "Buddhist temples and Shrines", "Jewish Synagogues" and in "Mosques" etc. and "Archaeological sights" as well as in "Banks", "hotels", "Public buildings", "Museums", old “Railway Stations” and “Government Post Offices”, "arcades", and even in "floor coverings", both "carpets", "rugs" and "ceramic tiles", and "Vinyl floor coverings", all of which can be found on the net...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by RestingInPieces

In other words, what you are saying is that Crayola is not going to add "Clear" to their crayon box. Thanks for clearing that up.

You keep going on about "mixing" light... What do you think you are going to do, put light in a pot and mix it together?

Honeslty, I think you are trolling because you keep saying "clear" light... but I'll give you a serious response and assume you are 12.

In other words you can only perceive a certain spectrum of electromagnetic energy with your eyeballs because you only have three types of color sensative cones that detect the light. It just so happen that they operate at peak efficiency, respectively, on the red, blue, and green wavelengths so human have trichromatic vision.

When all three cone types respond more or less equally to the red, green, and blue light that they are most sensitive to, you see white light. Think of it as system overload. We merely detect different colors in our brains depending on the combined response of only three receptors.

Our eyes' cones respond to additive color mixing, like in the diagram someone posted. None of this is a property of light, but only the way eye detects light. There is no physical property of light that makes it white.

Colors don't exist outside of a sensory organ/brain combination that responds to photonic stimuli. The wavelength or energy of a photon defines what color it will be as it relates to how the human eye detects light. While we can say that certain wavelengths represent blue, yellow, red, etc... photons, there is no wavelength that is associated with a "white" photon.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
You keep going on about "mixing" light... What do you think you are going to do, put light in a pot and mix it together?

Don't be condescending, please.

Honeslty, I think you are trolling because you keep saying "clear" light... but I'll give you a serious response and assume you are 12.

Thankyou so much, although for the life of me I can't imagine why you would bother with a troll.

The rest of your response can be found in more detail in davespanners links, but thanks all the same.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Don't be condescending, please.

Thankyou so much, although for the life of me I can't imagine why you would bother with a troll.

The rest of your response can be found in more detail in davespanners links, but thanks all the same.

Sorry, I just figured you are either a troll or very young based on your original post.

I apologize.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Thankyou. Apology accepted. It must be my manner. I don't impress people very much. lol.

Interesting topic though.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

You Asked.... Quote;

I'm a bit confused about this "edge" concept, as I had never heard of it before.

Is this image not real then? where is the edge?
Or am I misunderstanding something?

Why do you ask... Quote;

Is this image not real then?

Answer...... Yes it is real

Or am I misunderstanding something?

I guess so ???

A Drawing indicating the Edges Induced by the opened "Slit"....

Hope this explains regarding "Edges" of Light induced by the opened "Slit" ???

and…

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

If you mix red, green, and blue light together to make white light, when you diffract it, you will get red green, and blue light. Not a complete spectrum.

See Spectum Analysis:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

It Still takes both an edge (in the case of the Slit 2 Edges one Inverted to the other) and a Prism to see this Phenomena...

And Not a Prism on its Own !

[edit on 24-8-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

This is the bit I don't understand as from what I can see the image I posted shows exactly what you are saying is impossible i.e. a prism on it's own splitting white light into a spectrum.

What am I missing?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Look again....

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't really see the advantage of looking again
Article 1 Not a single mention of edges or slits

Article 2 No mention of edges

Article from the encyclopedia britanicca Again not a single mention of anything you have said

Article on Goethe With a direct quote from the article
"Although the accuracy of Goethe's observations does not admit a great deal of criticism, his theory's failure to demonstrate significant predictive validity eventually rendered it scientifically irrelevant."

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You are free to see it any way you desire....

Peace....

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

The article you linked to doesn't specifically say that. You might be right, but your reference doesn't specifically support your statement.

Here is a quote from a discussion board on lasers. It does support your statement and also answers mine about clear (white) light "lite". The people in the laser forum seem to have a lot of hands on experience with lasers, some of them, professional experience.

laserpointerforums.com...

I think every one will agree sun light is true white light as it makes up the whole of our visible spectrum and a lot more beyond, we can use that as our bench mark here.

Any thing made up from individual wavelengths to produce white is only perceived white and not true white. For true white you need a continuum light source, even a halogen light source is not true white as it has no output below around 480nm, plenty of near IR though.

Aim any RGB laser source at a optical spectrum analyser and you will see what I mean, alternatively aim it at a prism and see what colours are diffracted, you'll only get RGB, . . .

[edit on 26-8-2010 by ipsedixit]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join