It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Anti-Mosque crowd turns on Black Carpenter

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by insideNSA

Why don't you actually read the thread and you'd know who I voted for.

You cited two sources, one a tabloid and the other a sight called "beforeitsnews.com". and your position is that your truths and facts were countered with lies?

I'm quite familiar with logic and I can assure you that I do know when a load of BS is thrown my way.

link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
reply to post by OhZone

Sorry,wrong again. America was built by slaves. The white Christians were the ones telling them what to do for many years.

I don't know what America you live in, but the one I grew up in was built by white Europeans and their descendants.

Qjit parotting nonsense.
Think for yourself.

link   

link   
It's actually quite amusing to see the hate peddlers hawk their goods on ATS.

Avatars bust their stormfront chapeaus, logic vexes them, and they scurry to hide the constitution under their bibles.

All the while they think they're making headway in their serious internets business convincing the world that we are the haters for not letting their hate flourish.

Too funny ... and sad.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
so the New York post is a tabloid ey? interesting.

so i'm just waiting for one good answer other than 'uhhh you'll have to ask the builders'

why must they build this as close as they can to ground zero?

they can build it many other places but refuse to.

and you can honestly tell me this isn't a provocation?

OK USE LOGIC... NO NAME CALLING. GIVE ME A GOOD ARGUMENT FOR A CHANGE.

you liberals just don't get it. no one cares if they build a mosque. its just a sensitive place to people who lost loved ones in 9/11.

why do you think Mrs America came out against it? Maybe because she uses logic, which you all obviously don't. you resort to lies and name calling.

i have muslim friends and they think this is a terrible idea.

Originally posted by Hefficide

Why don't you actually read the thread and you'd know who I voted for.

You cited two sources, one a tabloid and the other a sight called "beforeitsnews.com". and your position is that your truths and facts were countered with lies?

I'm quite familiar with logic and I can assure you that I do know when a load of BS is thrown my way.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
this has nothing to do with hate, but respect for the families of 9/11.

they can build the mosque almost anywhere else that is available.

why does it have to be here where it becomes a sensitive issue?

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
It's actually quite amusing to see the hate peddlers hawk their goods on ATS.

Avatars bust their stormfront chapeaus, logic vexes them, and they scurry to hide the constitution under their bibles.

All the while they think they're making headway in their serious internets business convincing the world that we are the haters for not letting their hate flourish.

Too funny ... and sad.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well I scanned through but no one answered my question. So I will ask it again.

Why not go after the people leasing the land this mosque will go on? That's a sure fire way to shut it down. We've established the Muslims have a right to build it. But you know what, the owners don't have a legal order to lease it to them. They don't have to lease to the Muslims if they don't want to. No one can force them to.

They (the owners) can shut it down. So I ask again.

Why are you guys upset with the Muslims instead of the owners of the property?

The owners can shut all this down if you guys protested outside their lavish beach front property homes. I bet you guys don't even know who the owner is? I believe old mister Larry Silverstein is part owner. Same guy that took out insurance on the towers a month before they came down.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by insideNSA

YES YES, here it comes. classic CLASSIC libtardiness at its best.

Originally posted by Thepreye

Hang on there, you are a Bigot, you prove it time after time right here for us all see all over the board, as well as getting abusive thinking you're the big shark, taking it to pm with the juicy stuff even your ego knows would look too bad for the open board, for us to see, get a glimpse at the bully.

Mate thanks for that, I'm gona get my gf to say that next time it's about to err happen, do you mind if I get her to paraphrase and add a third classic, in bold, to the exclamation.

link   

So, when reality doesn't suit you, you change it?

AFTER it was explained to you that the Post story was pulled, you resorted to using the Daily Mail as a source.

Your link was as follows:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ummmm. Another fact for you to ignore by saying "libtard"?

*edited to add: I don't care about the building being built, what it is for, or any of the political hyperbole involved. I only care about the right these people have to build a building without harrasment or prejudice.*

*Further edited to remove an unfortunate statement made in the heat of battle*

[edit on 8/23/10 by Hefficide]

[edit on 8/23/10 by Hefficide]

link   

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I believe it's fear rather than bigotry when this is boiled down.

It only will take one nut-job who happens to attend a 'lower Manhattan' mosque to strap on a bomb and detonate it. Local fear is based in reality because of what is happening in Pakistan, Iraq, Philippines, etc. with Islamic suicide bombings. Manhattan is a prime terrorist target without a doubt. The probability is a numbers game and the locals see a mosque as increasing the odds. If I lived or worked in NY City I would be more wary of a terrorist event and this would be on my mind too.

This would not be a discussion if moderate Islamic leaders had publicly been against the activities of terrorists in the name of Islam after 9/11. Their voice is all but non-existent in the US.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have a feeling I may be on ignore, but I'll give it a try anyway:

According to a survey conducted by Pace University in 2004, the Post was rated the least-credible major news outlet in New York, and the only news outlet to receive more responses calling it "not credible" than credible (44% not credible to 39% credible).

Wikipedia

so i'm just waiting for one good answer other than 'uhhh you'll have to ask the builders'

But really, wouldn't they know best what their plans are? Why are you completely disregarding the fact that they have gone on record to say that it will not open on 9/11/11?

why must they build this as close as they can to ground zero?

They would like to build it in the neighborhood their congregation has been in for 27 years. Is that so unreasonable?

they can build it many other places but refuse to.

If someone would just point to a similar packet of land in Tribeca that they can actually build on, this argument would carry a lot more weight.

OK USE LOGIC... NO NAME CALLING. GIVE ME A GOOD ARGUMENT FOR A CHANGE.

you liberals just don't get it. no one cares if they build a mosque. its just a sensitive place to people who lost loved ones in 9/11.

Actually, a lot of people seem to be against any Muslims building mosques anywhere in the US. Maybe you're not, but you certainly can't claim "no one" does given the protests against mosque-building across the country.

link   

The New York Post is in fact a tabloid and always has been. It has a page three, features mostly gossip, and sensationalized news stories.

It is sold in the same magazine format that other tabloids like the Inquirer and the Star are.

It is not the New York Times and it is not the Wall Street Journal.

But considering you don't seem to know either that the local community where this is being built support the project after a thorough review, you know as little about New York apparently as you do the real facts regarding this issue.

By the way I really am going to make a donation to help build this community center and mosque and I really am going to do that, because you convinced me too.

So please feel free to keep skirting the ATS Terms of Service and insulting other members, you really aren't doing your cause any favors in the process.

Ultimately the best defense the 1st Amendmend and this Issue has are the people attacking it.

For I do believe it is going to increase the resolve of those who support freedom of religion, and freedom of speech and seperation of church and state, to realize just how grave a threat ALL religious zealots are, and all bigots are, and to rally ultimately to put an end to this divisive, ugly and very un-American debate about a premise that we have all held dear from the founders on, freedom of speech and freedom of religion, and seperation of church and state.

link   

this has nothing to do with hate, but respect for the families of 9/11.

Precisely the opposite and the biggest lie of this whole nonsense ... nothing could be MORE disrespectful that for YOU to assume you know what THEY feel and for YOU to speak on THEIR behalf to pimp your dogma and twisted ideology.

I am sure some feel like yourself and I know for a FACT many do not!

How do I know?

Because I was there.

I lost friends, neighbors, and speak to their families to this day.
I have had this conversation with them and you know what most of them are against?

They are against people like yourself AND on the other side of the argument using their loved ones as a pretext for your petty battles. THAT's what they care about and THAT's what they object to!

So please, spare us your transparent concern!

link   
the thing is, i won.

the date it opens isnt' important. it is stated in the news.

if this is all you have to counter with, well you lost.

Not one person has answered the simple question that I have asked repeatedly.

Why must they build the mosque as close as they can to ground zero and cause controversy? Why not build it in ANY other location?

the only answer i got was 'uhhh, ask the builders'.

you see I have stated also repeatedly that building a mosque isnt' the issue at all. its why does it have to be there!

on top of this when it is known muslims build mosques at the site of victories. then they call it cordoba mosque, where cordoba spain is the site of a muslim conquest of europe. you can understand why the families of 9/11 victims are so upset.

unfortunately no one answered that simple question but resorted to calling me a bigot.

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

reply to post by sweetliberty

if you are anything like the posters agreeing with you, i don't think you could prove the sky is blue

When you lost the argument. Make fun of the user.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

the thing is, i won.

Why must they build the mosque as close as they can to ground zero and cause controversy? Why not build it in ANY other location?

you see I have stated also repeatedly that building a mosque isnt' the issue at all. its why does it have to be there!

on top of this when it is known muslims build mosques at the site of victories. then they call it cordoba mosque, where cordoba spain is the site of a muslim conquest of europe. you can understand why the families of 9/11 victims are so upset.

unfortunately no one answered that simple question but resorted to calling me a bigot.

if you are anything like the posters agreeing with you, i don't think you could prove the sky is blue

No one called you bigot or any other name. I have seen everyone reply to your post and answer to the best of their ability. Which when they prove you wrong you result in name calling. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself online.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

the thing is, i won.

They don't have too. They can legally build on that sight. It's constitutionally protected. The owners don't have a legal order to lease the land to them. The owners can shut it down.

What if your neighbors said, "We don't like atheist/christians/whatever living on our street. We would like for all the atheist to move out of our neighborhood."

Same thing here my friend.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Why not go after the people leasing the land this mosque will go on? That's a sure fire way to shut it down. We've established the Muslims have a right to build it. But you know what, the owners don't have a legal order to lease it to them. They don't have to lease to the Muslims if they don't want to. No one can force them to.

Only half the land is leased; and it is already leased to them (the owner is ConEdison). The other half is owned outright by SoHo Properties, a partner in the Park51 project, which is owned by a member of the imam's mosque.

The lease with ConEdison includes a purchase clause which they intend to execute. Last I hear ConEd was still working on getting the property valued.

Leases in New York aren't simple matters. SoHo Properties bought the lease (which is a long-term lease not due to expire until 2071, and includes demolition and rebuilding rights) from the same property owner they bought the other half of the property from. The two properties are two neighboring buildings which have had the walls between them knocked out to accomodate the Burlington Coat Factory that used to be there.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Knock off the name calling and bickering.

Get on topic.

If you post off topic or in an uncivil manner, you may be post banned.

Any questions for staff or staff actions should be sent via U2U to a staff member and not posted in this thread.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join